Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know about any of you guys but Ive benn waiting and checking the forums since it was first annouced in may 2015 its been over 2 years for us on console just finish it already !!! I dont care if It has bugs we suck it up and deal with it and you guys at pipeworks! Just release bug fixs like other games do and if you dont wanna just say spring 2018!!! It dont have to be perfect nothing is perfect... and yes I know Im goin to get hate for this
That's what I was thinking!!!!!!!!!:kingslime:

Everyone stop complaining! I would understand if Pipeworks gave an exact release date but they haven't only an estimate. I did a bit of coding(only for a 2d black and white tic tac toe) in total it was two full a4 pages of code(it probably could've been done in less but whatever) it took me nearly half an hour two type it out but by the time I fixed it up it was nearing 2 hours, I give sympathy to Pipeworks for their hardwork and effort I would've preferred the update sooner but at least it's coming out, if you can't wait get the pc edition and use the controller,if you can't then play more console, after that play another game and if the game is still not out READ A BOOK it might help your skills if you don't want to do that to get a degree in coding apply to join Pipeworks work your way up, code on Terraria and tell us the release date when you do that come back here and let me know.

Everyone stop complaining! I would understand if Pipeworks gave an exact release date but they haven't only an estimate.

If you - as a company, not some amateur who writes tic tac toe - don't like hear people compaining, then:
* don't promise stuff up-front
* don't tie some estimates to these promises and miss those by far (Q2... Q3...).
* don't create a thread with a title which makes it sound like your work is very close to submission and then keep quiet for weeks
* have some PR person within the company keep the community up to date more often when things don't roll as smooth as they should... if you're not willing to do so, goto point #1

Last edited:
If you - as a company, not some amateur who writes tic tac toe - don't like hear people compaining, then:
* don't tie some estimates to these promises and miss those by far (Q2... Q3...).
* don't create a thread with a title which makes it sound like your work is very close to submission and then keep quiet for weeks
* have some PR person within the company keep the community up to date more often when things don't roll as smooth as they should... if you're not willing to do so, goto point #1

And you're right. They are a company, and they need to get their "game" on (Sorry for bad joke). Just keep in mind that Pipeworks is a relatively small team and Terraria is (as far as I know) the first major game they've worked on. They're not perfect. No one is. They're bound to come across some bugs, even though they think they're done, so they have to delay them.

First off I did a couple of classes of coding, have you ever done coding?Do you know how unpredictable it is? I never said it was right for them to give estimates!Someone said above that Pipeworks are on their final stages and the update COULD be out soon.if they can't give you good information do you just want no information. Think about what you say it isn't possible for Pipeworks to give an estimate and get it completely right! If there is anything wrong or confusing with what I said PM me but with that I think we should leave it!

Everyone stop complaining! I would understand if Pipeworks gave an exact release date but they haven't only an estimate. I did a bit of coding(only for a 2d black and white tic tac toe) in total it was two full a4 pages of code(it probably could've been done in less but whatever) it took me nearly half an hour two type it out but by the time I fixed it up it was nearing 2 hours, I give sympathy to Pipeworks for their hardwork and effort I would've preferred the update sooner but at least it's coming out, if you can't wait get the pc edition and use the controller,if you can't then play more console, after that play another game and if the game is still not out READ A BOOK it might help your skills if you don't want to do that to get a degree in coding apply to join Pipeworks work your way up, code on Terraria and tell us the release date when you do that come back here and let me know.

I'm getting a bit fed up with all of this

'Stop complaining! Stop the negativity!' Nonsense.

People should be free to express their opinions, both positive and negative.

The forum isn't and does not need to be an echo chamber and I despise the notion that some people seem to want that.

As long as people are civil, decent discussion can be had, taking both positive and negative outlooks into account.

You're kidding right.......right?

How many games so you want me to sum up that were a buggy mess at release?

I'd rather you give me a list of games without a publishers name behind it that have done this.

Because publishers seem to be exempt from many rules.....anyway, I'd much, much rather the devs took their time then pull a pretty much any other game and release a buggy mess of a game. I absoloutly hate jumping on after downloading/updating a game to find it riddled with bugs.
[doublepost=1509963497,1509963340][/doublepost]

The forum isn't and does not need to be an echo chamber and I despise the notion that some people seem to want that.

As long as people are civil, decent discussion can be had, taking both positive and negative outlooks into account.

I think the OP was refering to those complaining for the sake of complaining or insulting (eh, exagerating but couldnt think of another word) the devs because of the time its taking them (aka acting as if they could produce the update in a week).

I Applaud pipeworks. They continue developing even though the majority of their response is harsh and cruel. One might say alot of you don't even diserve this, but they do it for you anyways. Keep in mind it's Re-logic that's holding them back because the build wasn't PC quality. It simply wasn't pipeworks call.

will the update allow the console players to join games with the PC players? Also, me and my brother love this game and we can't wait for the update and were wondering if the update will come out on xbox one s as well?

Can't we all just be happy that we're actually receiving this update?

Look at the possible alternative scenario, Engine being sacked and Re-Logic deciding no future content for current gen consoles (including Nintendo Switch) could have happened

I'm not here to defend either argument, I sit on the fence and the grass is green both sides yes it's frustrating that we have to wait, but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel

will the update allow the console players to join games with the PC players? Also, me and my brother love this game and we can't wait for the update and were wondering if the update will come out on xbox one s as well?
No, currently there are no plans to have the PC version connect to other versions of the game, nor are there plans for the various console versions to play together. Those plans could theoretically change in the future. Currently there are problems with making that all work, and some of those problems are the console makers themselves.

The 1.3 update will be coming to Xbox 1 and PS4, followed by mobile platforms and the Switch. The XB1S is still an XB1, so yes it will get it too.

No, I am allowed to be upset. Let us be upset, and you be happy because we all are allowed to have our own opinions.

No, I am allowed to be upset. Let us be upset, and you be happy because we all are allowed to have our own opinions.
I said stop complaining and I meant as
I think the OP was refering to those complaining for the sake of complaining or insulting (eh, exagerating but couldnt think of another word) the devs because of the time its taking them (aka acting as if they could produce the update in a week).
said. I didn't mean to offend ANYONE. If you have a problem with what I said block me and move on I'm not here to make enemies only to help.

Can't we all just be happy that we're actually receiving this update?

Look at the possible alternative scenario, Engine being sacked and Re-Logic deciding no future content for current gen consoles (including Nintendo Switch) could have happened

I'm not here to defend either argument, I sit on the fence and the grass is green both sides yes it's frustrating that we have to wait, but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel
Yes we can be happy

When I finally get the update and it doesn’t get delayed a 4th time

i want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloaderi want console tmodloader

:eek:
[doublepost=1509999971,1509999807][/doublepost]
I said stop complaining and I meant as

said. I didn't mean to offend ANYONE. If you have a problem with what I said block me and move on I'm not here to make enemies only to help.
Ok, so, 2 year delay, and we're not allowed to complain at all
"only to help" by not letting people have opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom