Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearConscious

Terrarian
Pipeworks Studio
Greetings, Terrarians!

Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding the upcoming console release of 1.3 and wanted to provide an update.

Currently we are working through the final issues/bug list from Re-Logic and Pipeworks QA – as well as any final bits that we need to resolve for Sony and Microsoft certification submission. Parallel to that, we are putting the final touches on optimization and performance for split-screen multiplayer. It has been a challenge getting the authentic PC experience to feel just right in this important format, but we are nearly done there.

Keep in mind that for a game of this scale we need to ensure that the game is properly screened by QA prior to us submitting the update for certification, we don’t want to rush and sacrifice quality for the sake of getting it out sooner. We are hoping to be able to submit for certification in the next few weeks, though there is a good chance this will take a bit longer. That said, we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully this should give you a better idea of where the team is currently at. We hope to have additional information with a more solidified date soon – we just need to see how things progress on the final list before we can do so. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
The Terraria Team at Pipeworks

To be honest, I completely expected it to not release in Q3, that seemed far too soon. Glad to see official word on it, though!

I'd rather a delayed but bug-free final product rather than an early product which crashes and can corrupt worlds. I mean, we all know how updates for Console and Mobile have been in the past... Looks like Pipeworks are learning from Engine's mistakes.

I'm not really looking forward to this update to be honest. If I wanted the Pc UI I would play it on pc.
I do like the current crafting menu on console, but it takes so long to scroll down and sideways before you realize you are at the wrong crafting station. Also the fact that my hook and pet/light pet won't be wasting inventory space is extremely beneficial when looting. This update is definitely for the best as it will save me so much time.

Greetings, Terrarians!

Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding the upcoming console release of 1.3 and wanted to provide an update.

Currently we are working through the final issues/bug list from Re-Logic and Pipeworks QA – as well as any final bits that we need to resolve for Sony and Microsoft certification submission. Parallel to that, we are putting the final touches on optimization and performance for split-screen multiplayer. It has been a challenge getting the authentic PC experience to feel just right in this important format, but we are nearly done there.

Keep in mind that for a game of this scale we need to ensure that the game is properly screened by QA prior to us submitting the update for certification, we don’t want to rush and sacrifice quality for the sake of getting it out sooner. We are hoping to be able to submit for certification in the next few weeks, though there is a good chance this will take a bit longer. That said, we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully this should give you a better idea of where the team is currently at. We hope to have additional information with a more solidified date soon – we just need to see how things progress on the final list before we can do so. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
I think my heart and soul can take one more delay, despite the slight disappointment.

It'll only make the update much more polished and worth while. :happy:

Please don't be discouraged by anyone who comes along to whine about the delay.

Before I started playing Terraria, I was playing a game that frequently delays stuff for months or even more than a year at a time (with no progress in sight), makes a habit of breaking promises and making excuses, cancels things that the community cares about after hyping them up, and frequently releases half-assed updates despite being riddled with micro-transactions.

YOU are doing it right. I have the deepest respect for the Terraria team and the way this game is run. You care about getting things right the first time, and you follow through with that to the best of your ability, even if it means some delays. But you do follow through when the quality meets your expectations. Above all else, we don't have micro-transactions being shoved in our faces all the time like the current trend of many many games. Despite that, this game is still successful and receives amazing updates. If anything, I wish more games followed in Terraria's footsteps.

Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed that it'll take awhile longer. But, if it is what needs to be done, then so be it. I'll just keep playing on my current world until the release :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom