Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't really know where else to post this so I'll just put it here. The NPC dialogue boxes kinda bother me. The opacity is kinda weird and for some reason the text is flashing. This is kinda annoying and I would prefer it if it was more similar to the PC version.

Okay this really bothers me. There is so little opacity in the buff/debuff icons so that it is almost impossible to see what's there. This is really annoying as I can't see how much time I have left on these buffs and I don't even know if potion sickness has worn off yet.

Last edited:
havent seen anyone mention this but after a while of playing, certain sprites would go invisible. particularly the minions/light pet. Also random things like golem lasers. had to close app and relaunch. unfortunately it started happening hours ago so Im not sure where the trigger was. I noticed it after trying to dye my fairy, when I spawned it it was invisible.

Edit - ok definitely losing a lot of sprites doing a volcano solar eclipse farm. traps, 5 pygmys, and any sentries do not appear. They do still seem to be there, for the most part. hard to tell with the traps.

Last edited:
havent seen anyone mention this but after a while of playing, certain sprites would go invisible. particularly the minions/light pet. Also random things like golem lasers. had to close app and relaunch. unfortunately it started happening hours ago so Im not sure where the trigger was. I noticed it after trying to dye my fairy, when I spawned it it was invisible.
I've seen something similiar with “ranged” animations. Ex.- fishing line+bobber, arrows, bullets, hook. It only happened once and was fixed after a relaunch. 1st noticed it after one of those mini-game skips (that happen more often around liquids btw). I just kept playing like that for about 3-4 hours, it nvr fixed itself.

Edit - ok definitely losing a lot of sprites doing a volcano solar eclipse farm. traps, 5 pygmys, and any sentries do not appear. They do still seem to be there, for the most part. hard to tell with the traps.
yaaas I already sent them this bug, it is so bad with weapons because i was using daybreak and i didn't know where it went

Be careful with manequins that were placed b4 the update ! Tried to remove a horn gods chest vanity n got a manequin, then the boots + 2nd manequin (The placed manequins img did change to that of just boots after the first fail.)

I really hope they add an option to change the cursor sensivity, because it is a nightmare when you're surrounded by enemies and relying on a boomerang or yoyo to save you, especially if you're doing a run with a certain type of weapon. Please add a cursor sensivity option to the options menu!

95% of the times that I die the game freezes. Lost all the loot I got from Martian Madness because of this, and I have to completely restart the game every time I die in the rediculously tedious Pillar sections leading up to Moon Lord.

I killed the moonlord for the first time right, then I open click build mode whilst hovering over the portal gun, then poof, it's gone. any help?

Binding is still there. You just have to turn it on in the controls options and rebind items every time you start a game.
But yu have to do it every time you load a world.
[doublepost=1513518988,1513518949][/doublepost]
About the D-pad, I loved to equip potions on it but now it goes in my inventory bar instead of drinking it
THIS!!!!
[doublepost=1513519059][/doublepost]
click build mode
What is that?

My hubby and I play split screen and the transparency / size combined with the backgroundless text makes the game completely unplayable. Had been waiting for this update...now I wish they never did it. We literally cannot play like this. Such a shame. Please add an option for the classic ps4 menu or at least let me get rid of the transparency.

Also disappointed that the zoom still cuts off the edges of the map. (Top, bottom, left, and right edges of the map)

IMG_20171217_144037_zpselmkp71m.jpg

This is a problem. I hover over an item and the description covers the vast majority of my inventory making it hard to see what I've got. Maybe make it so pressing Square gives you the full details.

Dont take a 1.3 char into a pre 1.3 world...i took one in to get a light pet for ease on his own world, and now that world, my main one, is unplayable.
oNFxbj0.jpg

Blocks, furniture, chests, etc missing. Cant move. Bye bye main world. This plus the world that totally poofed after update that i was moving stuff into from my main world are gone or unplayable now.

Im honestly afraid to keep playing this game and losing everything.

Sidenote, i tried it out on a smaller, bout 1/3 the size, tv than my usual one. Ui transparency isnt as bad but still completely unreadable when the bg is busy like in ur base...

For those saying it wasn't tested - I can absolutely assure you that it was. A lot. For a long time. By a lot of people, some with a PC heritage and others with a Console heritage - and a good number of them Terraria fans/experts. A lot of what we are seeing here quite simply never happened in that testing or it wouldn't have gone out the door. Some of the other stuff falls into preferences and perception. Design vision vs status quo. The key in those will be finding that common ground that serves both sides. Just gotta get these bugs out of the path first, though. Need PW 100% focused on that for right now...but the feedback discussion won't be far behind that, I imagine.

Well, obviously something went wrong during the testing, because the new UI is simply inferior to the old one, not necessarily from a design perspective, but from an execution perspective.
Listen to the community. Not a SINGLE person who posted here praised the new UI. And it's not just an issue of preference, you can't get used to not being able to read what's on the screen.

EDIT: OK, I played some more and will try to be more specific and constructive bellow.

UI:
The main problem with the new UI is that it is hard to see anything. This is due to:
1 - the icons and fonts are too small. This may work on a pc monitor, but not on a TV. Make them bigger.
2 - the inventory / chest menu is transparent. This is a bigger problem in places where theres a lot going on, like a player base. Make it opaque.
3 - the font has a twinkling animation. Remove this effect.
4 - last but not least, when you hover over your items, a full description appears, obscuring the rest of the inventory. Remove the full description.

Controls:
1 - now you have to pause the game to zoom in and out. Bring back the zoom function by pinching the touchpad.
2 - when you use the dpad to place blocks, you now have to press the dpad each time you want to move the cursor by one block. Make it so you can simply hold the dpad to move the cursor.
3 - while using the right analog stick to aim in precision mode, it is now too slow. Increase the left analog stick sensibility.

Last edited:
Well, obviously something went wrong during the testing, because the new UI is simply inferior to the old one, not necessarily from a design perspective, but from an execution perspective.
Listen to the community. Not a SINGLE person who posted here praised the new UI. And it's not just an issue of preference, you can't get used to not being able to read what's on the screen.

He has a point. I prefer the new ui's setup but not being able to read it due to transparency should've popped up in testing. Im baffled how it didnt tbh. Other than that issue and the menu area switching, that i just cant seem to get used to yet, its ok imo. No matter how it is tho, transparency could ruin any menu design scheme

You mean transparency or not enough opacity but I know what you mean. I have the same issue and I just have to guess when I can heal again and it doesn't help very much since I should be able to see when I can and if it isn't ready continue focusing on staying alive till then.

Here's a good one. Im completely invisible! Haha because your your pet jumps when you do and has good reactionary timing it felt like i was the unicorn wisp squashling. This was after entering a newly created large world.
I actually have noticed a pattern where if I exit terraria all together and start up the game again the first world I play on everything actually seems to run pretty smooth. It's when I exit a world that I start to have problems. Ive noticed after exiting a world I have problems in the next world I load up, regardless of if it was a previously existing world or a newly made one. Has anyone else noticed a similar pattern?

Attachments

• 20171217_014103.jpg
    20171217_014103.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 156
I killed the moonlord for the first time right, then I open click build mode whilst hovering over the portal gun, then poof, it's gone. any help?

Seems to be an issue with that L3 build mode button from what I'm seeing. Don't use it and you won't lose items.

My hubby and I play split screen and the transparency / size combined with the backgroundless text makes the game completely unplayable. Had been waiting for this update...now I wish they never did it. We literally cannot play like this. Such a shame. Please add an option for the classic ps4 menu or at least let me get rid of the transparency.

Also disappointed that the zoom still cuts off the edges of the map. (Top, bottom, left, and right edges of the map)

Suspect this is your TV settings or the Sound and Screen setting in the PS4. I can zoom my map out to see 100% of it on 1 screen. Also went to the ocean to test if I could "walk off" the screen like before but my character stopped about 2 blocks past the edge of the screen.

Fix the continuous Freezing Glitch
[doublepost=1513541152,1513541062][/doublepost]And the glitch that when a event happens and you are playing split screen the top screen player’s messes up and your weapon don’t follow you cursor
[doublepost=1513541252][/doublepost]
Seems to be an issue with that L3 build mode button from what I'm seeing. Don't use it and you won't lose items.

Suspect this is your TV settings or the Sound and Screen setting in the PS4. I can zoom my map out to see 100% of it on 1 screen. Also went to the ocean to test if I could "walk off" the screen like before but my character stopped about 2 blocks past the edge of the screen.

Too late I’ve lost a terra blade and a stardust dragon staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom