Console Console 1.3?

JordanB500

Terrarian
so as you might have guessed its july so unless the new update is out now(ive scoured the internet to find if anyone posted anything and being that terraria is due an update(on console) and its already past q2 unless its being postponed till early q3(which is probably later this july) i look forward to the update and if anyone knows anything post it here

so as you might have guessed its july so unless the new update is out now(ive scoured the internet to find if anyone posted anything and being that terraria is due an update(on console) and its already past q2 unless its being postponed till early q3(which is probably later this july) i look forward to the update and if anyone knows anything post it here
Hi @JordanB500, if you scour the Internet for news of console Terraria, one of the best spots to check is the Developer News and Announcements: Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio section. The very first thread there says it's an update on console timing. Back in May it was announced the new target is Q3 2017. There has been no release date set. Here is more info...

Xbox One and PS4 will get the 1.3 update
(target date is now Q3 2017)

Meet Pipeworks

Watch the Streams and YouTube
Pipeworks streams Terraria on Twitch every Friday at 2:00pm PT, answering questions, sometimes showing off spoilers and inviting the Terraria community to join them online to play.

Last edited:
Hi @JordanB500, if you scour the Internet for news of console Terraria, one of the best spots to check is the Developer News and Announcements: Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio section. The very first thread there says it's an update on console timing. Back in May it was announced the new target is Q3 2017. There has been no release date set. Here is more info...

Meet Pipeworks

Pipeworks streams Terraria on Twitch every Friday from 2-5pm PST, answering questions, sometimes showing off spoilers and inviting the Terraria community to join them online to play.

i read the May 2017 Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing thread but things can change in two months time and its good to be certain and since the gamepedia page is slow to update i just wanted to post here to confirm if we got the update or not i only just got terraria for xbox one today

Edit: sorry off-topic but i was building my space station at the highest elevation in terraria on my 360 and ive come to find out that if you zoom in to be similar to xbox 360's aspect ratio of character to world(on XBONE) that half of the space station was cut off and i couldnt see the rest of it, is this a bug or intended? i know a lot of people cant watch terraria zoomed out like that for too long cuz it hurts their eyes(me included) so if this is something that can be changed it would be a great help.

Last edited:
i read the May 2017 Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing thread but things can change in two months time and its good to be certain and since the gamepedia page is slow to update i just wanted to post here to confirm if we got the update or not i only just got terraria for xbox one today

Edit: sorry off-topic but i was building my space station at the highest elevation in terraria on my 360 and ive come to find out that if you zoom in to be similar to xbox 360's aspect ratio of character to world(on XBONE) that half of the space station was cut off and i couldnt see the rest of it, is this a bug or intended? i know a lot of people cant watch terraria zoomed out like that for too long cuz it hurts their eyes(me included) so if this is something that can be changed it would be a great help.
If it's on the highest elevation, press the menu button and zoom in/out with the left/right triggers.

well zoming in makes it so i dont see anything even myself if im at the top and zooming out makes my eyes hurt so maybe it needs to be changed (you wouldnt want to make the 360 look like the better version even loads faster too must be all that ram 360 doesnt have huh?)

well zoming in makes it so i dont see anything even myself if im at the top and zooming out makes my eyes hurt so maybe it needs to be changed (you wouldnt want to make the 360 look like the better version even loads faster too must be all that ram 360 doesnt have huh?)
How much stuff do you have on your world? That may make it run faster/slower.

same as what i have on the 360 and the xbox one runs slow without any characters or worlds but thats only loading from the home menu to the title screen the screen goes black for a minute and then goes to the title screen i dont mind the slower loading but it would help if i could see everything while zoomed in(otherwise i have to stop when im working on a building in space then zoom out then when im done i have to stop and zoom in again two things that are unnecessary) if im lucky this will be fixed in 1.3

same as what i have on the 360 and the xbox one runs slow without any characters or worlds but thats only loading from the home menu to the title screen the screen goes black for a minute and then goes to the title screen i dont mind the slower loading but it would help if i could see everything while zoomed in(otherwise i have to stop when im working on a building in space then zoom out then when im done i have to stop and zoom in again two things that are unnecessary) if im lucky this will be fixed in 1.3
If you are at the very top, there is a screen restriction on all versions of the game, but it's more noticeable on the console version.

I Think the update will be on August 26 This year obviously the reason I assumed this is the last major updates happened on the 26 of August 2016

Okay, I said that because I hear that date being thrown around a lot on the Xbox One Terraria clubs a lot.

Meet Pipeworks

Pipeworks streams Terraria on Twitch every Friday at 2:00pm PT, answering questions, sometimes showing off spoilers and inviting the Terraria community to join them online to play.
You do realize that information is a little useless because it's 3 months old

hey i know this is a bit late but i saw something on the wiki earlier it was about august the 8th its not on the wiki anymore also it used to say late q2 to early q3 but now it just says q3 so potentially its gonna be delayed until september? also i really hope they fix the loss of visibility(in space) when zooming in it was hard enough as it was playing on pc where i had to squint just to see my zoomed out character in front of the background of the massive world it looked like i didnt have to worry about that on xbox one but i was wrong it seems(unless they fix it) its like switching from standard definition video and wide screen where standard doesnt show the edges but widescreen cuts off a portion of the top and bottom of the screen

hey i know this is a bit late but i saw something on the wiki earlier it was about august the 8th its not on the wiki anymore also it used to say late q2 to early q3 but now it just says q3 so potentially its gonna be delayed until september? also i really hope they fix the loss of visibility(in space) when zooming in it was hard enough as it was playing on pc where i had to squint just to see my zoomed out character in front of the background of the massive world it looked like i didnt have to worry about that on xbox one but i was wrong it seems(unless they fix it) its like switching from standard definition video and wide screen where standard doesnt show the edges but widescreen cuts off a portion of the top and bottom of the screen
The wiki can be edited by anyone, and can sometimes be wrong. The August and early Q3 entries that were there never had any citations that were backed up by official announcements. They were just hopeful estimates edited into the wiki by unofficial individuals.

true but things might be edited because things have changed such as new information etc not just because the last thing that was posted was unofficial etc

Back
Top Bottom