Console and Mobile News: Windows Phone Fix Incoming and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save transfer issue now resolved?

Well, I'm sure we can all agree that it'll be worth the wait if it is.

I with ya on that. I put almost 3 years in a single pixel art world. You could imagine how daunting it is to start over after that. With my luck when the update launches, my world will load up filled with dirt.

Anyone know when Xbox 360 is set to update? And does anyone have a link to what's all coming in this update?

I with ya on that. I put almost 3 years in a single pixel art world. You could imagine how daunting it is to start over after that. With my luck when the update launches, my world will load up filled with dirt.

The amount of things I've built...

Huge Teleporter networks, a city in the sky, about 5 different Arenas, an undersea laboratory (where my Steampunker lives. It also has an automated airlock that took me AAAAGES to build.), gardens, lava/water networks, the list just goes on...

So yeah, not having access to all of those hundreds of hours of work is just soul destroying tbh. I even have multiple worlds with varying settlements, such as a snow village (with a stained glass ice palace) and a desert town. I still intend to build Rapture at some point. Excavating that will be "fun".

Expecting this update today or monday.... Really looking forward to it, gonna backup my main dude and start a bunch of new worlds... Really hope it goes live this afternoon...

I seem to see a pattern either we get the next update first or Xbox does, or even 3DS get a Update Today, another Tomorrow, than the next day.
They probably all get written at about the same time, but different online vendors take different times to verify them. It's probably finished, and google/apple are checking it works right now.
[doublepost=1465566717,1465566609][/doublepost]Pondering what to do in my first new world. Treehouse again? Or castle, or hobbit-hole.... Mebbe if it takes til monday I'll have decided.

AMAZON:
· Non-Amazon devices running the Amazon version with at least 1GB of RAM and capable of running Android 4.02+ should be able to be "compatible" soon - we are just making sure that things are stable on mainline Amazon devices at the same tier first before introducing more variables.
· First Gen Kindles will unfortunately not be compatible with this update as they cannot support the needed OS and Hardware Specs
· Second Gen Kindles (those that meet the 1gb and 4.02+ OS requirements) should have their compatibility restored at the same time as the non-Amazon devices do.

Sincerely sorry for the confusion and the added wait for some of you - we will be working as hard as possible to clear out the last remaining obstacles and get this update in your hands ASAP.

Is this 'staggered' release intentional or were there unforseen issues/bugs that are prohibiting all Amazon users from receiving the update?

I understand giving an E.T.A. is very difficult but please, please, please tell us it won't be another 6 months until we get the update. Thank you for any information! Have a great weekend!!

Last edited:
i think i know what's going on with the actuators, when levers are hooked up to them, the don't work. pressure pad and switches still work, it's just the levers that seem to fail. (i have yet test if they work with other mechanical things.)

We have queries in the pipe regarding Window 10 mobile version, I honestly do not have an answer for that at the moment.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/mobile-bug-reports.149/ and/or the 505Games Support link in my signature.

512MB RAM? Is it a 1st-Gen Kindle Fire?
You might be out of luck there. You need Android 4.0.3 compatibility for this version, and according to this, 1st Gen Kindles only support up to Android 2.3.3
I don't know that for sure, but the warnings about having < 1GB RAM have been out for a while now.

Capitalization of world/player names does not appear to be fixed in this version, which is mildly annoying, I agree. Another update is in the works, they wanted to get something out now since it had been held up for so long with the cloud save/crashing issues.

Still pending, I do not know whether they've been submitted for certification yet or not. AFAIK, still on track with the estimates in the OP of this thread.
It is a 1st gen. Unfortunately I'm now stuck with Amazon or else I have to buy all my apps again. Bummer that it happened but I have been looking for a new tablet anyways. Losing progress isn't a big deal because I was gonna restart after 1.2 and my other games have cloud saves

It is a 1st gen. Unfortunately I'm now stuck with Amazon or else I have to buy all my apps again. Bummer that it happened but I have been looking for a new tablet anyways. Losing progress isn't a big deal because I was gonna restart after 1.2 and my other games have cloud saves
Unfortunately, it is the case that 1st Gen Kindles aren't going to be able to handle this update.

AMAZON:
· Non-Amazon devices running the Amazon version with at least 1GB of RAM and capable of running Android 4.02+ should be able to be "compatible" soon - we are just making sure that things are stable on mainline Amazon devices at the same tier first before introducing more variables.
· First Gen Kindles will unfortunately not be compatible with this update as they cannot support the needed OS and Hardware Specs
· Second Gen Kindles (those that meet the 1gb and 4.02+ OS requirements) should have their compatibility restored at the same time as the non-Amazon devices do.

FWIW, Amazon apps (like Terraria) are basically just Android apps, so you may be able to use most of your apps on any new Amazon/Android tablet you go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom