Console Console Update Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
geez how large is this update? they delayed it like 3 times!
They delayed it becaus they was unavailable to do it in time.
It's not like "If they delayed this update we get more content and better quality" no.
We get this same update but later and no matter how much it will take.
If update for game was planned for today but got delayed for 3 months later this still will be same update but 3 months later and possibly more bugs coming out from frequent delays and time pressure because with every delay time amount they have shrink and with that they give game not much attention as they should doing this update with small or without care necessarily to see what needs to be fixed.
More delays more bugs.
That's how i see it.

They delayed it becaus they was unavailable to do it in time.
It's not like "If they delayed this update we get more content and better quality" no.
We get this same update but later and no matter how much it will take.
If update for game was planned for today but got delayed for 3 months later this still will be same update but 3 months later and possibly more bugs coming out from frequent delays and time pressure because with every delay time amount they have shrink and with that they give game not much attention as they should doing this update with small or without care necessarily to see what needs to be fixed.
More delays more bugs.
That's how i see it.
You assume that they're lying when the specifically say that they're delaying the update so that they can fix bugs?

You assume that they're lying when the specifically say that they're delaying the update so that they can fix bugs?
They fix bugs but we get bugs anyway but why delaying than? Because primary content isn't ready yet thats why.
Btw they listed things that are already in game so something fishy is going on.

They fix bugs but we get bugs anyway but why delaying than? Because primary content isn't ready yet thats why.
Btw they listed things that are already in game so something fishy is going on.
505 quoted that this update is mainly so they can squash bugs from other updates.

You might be correct with that assessment, TruePapaSmerf, but we shouldn't fault them for trying. I absolutely love Terraria, and that includes the good and the bad. I could have come to these very forums and raged about how the over-tuned fall damage killed my latest Hardcore attempt; but instead seeing this massive damage number made me laugh... a lot.

The bugs that came with the fishing/Duke Fishron update were minor issues at best. I haven't encountered anything I would constitute as 'game-breaking' by any means. Now that doesn't mean they're not present, I just haven't had anything happen deemed as such.

I'm more than happy to wait to for this update until it's finished, or at the very least, in a state where they're confident in it enough to release it.

You might be correct with that assessment, TruePapaSmerf, but we shouldn't fault them for trying. I absolutely love Terraria, and that includes the good and the bad. I could have come to these very forums and raged about how the over-tuned fall damage killed my latest Hardcore attempt; but instead seeing this massive damage number made me laugh... a lot.

The bugs that came with the fishing/Duke Fishron update were minor issues at best. I haven't encountered anything I would constitute as 'game-breaking' by any means. Now that doesn't mean they're not present, I just haven't had anything happen deemed as such.

I'm more than happy to wait to for this update until it's finished, or at the very least, in a state where they're confident in it enough to release it.
Agreed I would rather wait for a more stable version of
The update and as
Far as I have being playing it I haven't noticed any very annoying bugs just the fall damage
Is the only
One I have noticed that's slightly annoying but again why are we jumping off cliffs lol cus why the hell not :happy:

Well, there's also the issue with glass walls - but as I said, nothing game-breaking.

But I agree with you as well. I'd rather they take their time and fine-tune things as best as humanly possible.

Last edited:
Well, there's also the issue with glass walls - but as I said, nothing game-breaking.

But I agree with you as well. I'd rather they take their time and fine-tune thing as best as humanly possible.
Yeah I noticed that it well also noticed that sliverthron(idk how to spell it) was blooming slower than usually but yeah agreed nothing game-breaking

I believe the issues with Xbox 360 to Xbox One cloud save transfer are my primary concern, and Loki did ask for more information regarding the issue so it can be raised with the dev team at Engine Software.

If they fix that, well, that'll finally resolve that issue.

And add some others. No matter what they do and how much time they spend those updates will never be bug free :dryadwink:

Name one piece of software that is 100% completely bug free.

Such a thing is nigh impossible - if you haven't encountered one on X game, then it is merely a matter of time. Noone has or ever should promise anyone "100% bug free" - and that isn't what 505 Games said either....they said they were taking the extra time to mash some long-standing bugs.

I get it, you are unhappy for the delay. Count me in on that unhappiness - however, I will never fault any dev for taking the time to squash some bugs.

Such a thing is nigh impossible - if you haven't encountered one on X game, then it is merely a matter of time. Noone has or ever should promise anyone "100% bug free" - and that isn't what 505 Games said either....they said they were taking the extra time to mash some long-standing bugs.

I get it, you are unhappy for the delay. Count me in on that unhappiness - however, I will never fault any dev for taking the time to squash some bugs.
I believe the issues with Xbox 360 to Xbox One cloud save transfer are my primary concern, and Loki did ask for more information regarding the issue so it can be raised with the dev team at Engine Software.

If they fix that, well, that'll finally resolve that issue.

Fix both

And what i just said? Something like "This is impossible to make bug free update"? No?
And i know there's no thing like bug free software.
Not bugs but unfinished content caused delay.
Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom