Console Console Update Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is sitting with MS - there is literally nothing anyone can do right now but wait for them to complete the process. It will take as long as they make it take.
I see how this setback totally sucks. However, the time had already passed 2 years since PC got 1.2.4 before the new patch was submitted to Microsoft so they could then drag their feet.
I understand but, 2 years is still 2 years... Xbox one users like myself, still waiting. :(

Was there really THAT big a gap due to 1.2?

Last edited:
I see how this setback totally sucks. However, the time had already passed 2 years since PC got 1.2.4 before the new patch was submitted to Microsoft so they could then drag their feet.
I understand but, 2 years is still 2 years... Xbox one users like myself, still waiting. :(

Was there really THAT big a gap due to 1.2?

1.2 was pretty messed up at launch. Most of the REALLY bad stuff has likely been sorted by now....but the team moved more cautiously after that experience - and brought on a whole new QA process and team to boot. Still, that said, I think everyone would love to see things faster AND cleaner moving forward.

1.2 was pretty messed up at launch. Most of the REALLY bad stuff has likely been sorted by now....but the team moved more cautiously after that experience - and brought on a whole new QA process and team to boot. Still, that said, I think everyone would love to see things faster AND cleaner moving forward.
Ah so it was way more than just patch issues.
I think those of us who would rather see upates with stability would see cleaner and hopefully faster. But having cake and eating it is also nice!

You know, some people think that Deus Ex : Mankind Divided was delayed to "make the game better" even though it already looked finished. I reckon it's to do with that total screw-up of a preorder campaign and perhaps to shoe in microtransactions like in RotR. This is Square Enix we're talking about after all, and after what happened to Just Cause 3 and RotR, I'm fairly sure that DX:MD will have SOMETHING wrong with it.

I'm just reposting this, even though it's off-topic, because I called it.

Microtransactions + a Season Pass (where all the content has already been made just locked behind a paywall and unnecessary stalling of content).

RIP Deus Ex.

Whew, this has to be longest I have ever seen something go through Microsoft cert. Are we sure this is still what is going on? Usually if it takes this long it means that it was rejected and still needs work... news please 505? PS has had the update for over a month, we could do with a little news for the Xbox community. Thanks.

EDIT: found the info here:http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...and-console-update.44858/page-25#post-1026910 thanks.

Last edited:
So I played the update they released, and the first thing I noticed is my accessories are not showing, just like before the update.... 1.2.4 added this feature, and it isnt there. Is 1.2.4 really all there? Seems to me like features are missing. I like being able to see my accessories, and if this feature is missing, I dont feel like finding out what else is missing. Anyone else noticing this? Not sure if there are patch notes, but if there are still parts of 1.2.4 missing after a year of waiting, I won't even be able express my level of disappointment.

So I played the update they released, and the first thing I noticed is my accessories are not showing, just like before the update.... 1.2.4 added this feature, and it isnt there. Is 1.2.4 really all there? Seems to me like features are missing. I like being able to see my accessories, and if this feature is missing, I dont feel like finding out what else is missing. Anyone else noticing this? Not sure if there are patch notes, but if there are still parts of 1.2.4 missing after a year of waiting, I won't even be able express my level of disappointment.
Could you be a bit more specific?
1. Console type
2. Accesories that dont show

Certain accessories/vanity items are not compatible ie: wings and capes. You would need to remove one to see the other.
Vanity only items should only be placed into the vanity slots.
There is a priority set up as well. If wearing two items that would show on the same slot on the body, the game will prioritize. ie: wear lava waders and frostspark boots at the same time only one shows visibly. This seems to be based on the slot in the column rather than where it goes on the body.

actually you can toggle them on or off. you can have your cape transform into wings and it looks cool. for example I hate my Batman cosplay goin on. Black cape with Bat wings and there ya go.

Good news! its been confirmed to be no longer than August 16th!!!
If you're getting the August 16 date from the wiki, the wiki is wrong to state such a date, unless it can provide an official source of where that particular date came from. The wiki is edited by the community and sometimes the edits are wrong.

The target is still Q3 2017, no particular release month, no particular release date. Targets and plans are not guaranteed release dates though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom