Xbox One Crash on world selection menu

I'm guessing that no one has heard anything about this? I'm having this issue and haven't been able to play online for a week now because of it

I am having the same issue on Xbox One. Ive submitted emails and got one reply as an attempt to hard restart my xbox and try again, which of course didnt work. Its an issue with the cloud sync.

How many of you have contacted Xbox/Microsoft? I don't think this is an issue for 505/Engine.

Edit: is it just Terraria or are you having problems with other cloud saves as well?

I'm having the same issue on my Xbox one. I have not contacted Microsoft support yet but I have been in contact with 505 games. The issue is only with Terraria. My first response from 505 was the basic reset your xbox.... delete and re-download..... all the common sense stuff that i had already tried before contacting them originally. For good measure I followed there e-mail step by step so I knew I had done all that I could from my end. I have now replied explaining this to them as well and now I await a response to see what they say about the issue.

Just a follow up from my end. I gave up on this issue, I'm still patiently awaiting a patch. I honestly do not want to ask MS for a refund of the game because I genuinely want to play Terraria. I received an e-mail from 505 on Nov 25th where they stated they were aware of the issue, so I'm pretty sure by now a patch is in the works.

This issue only affects Terraria, every other game works just fine. It could be in some way caused by another party, i.e. Microsoft, but I strongly believe the lockup is a direct consequence of something in the codebase of the X1 port.

How come I can't find much info on this when searching the web. I'm trying my best to be patient but I really like Terraria and I'm rather annoyed that this issue doesn't seem big news in the Terraria world. I think if it were bigger there would be more of a rush to fix this.

How come I can't find much info on this when searching the web. I'm trying my best to be patient but I really like Terraria and I'm rather annoyed that this issue doesn't seem big news in the Terraria world. I think if it were bigger there would be more of a rush to fix this.
I believe it's not 'bigger news' because it's a rare bug. If it was happening to everyone then it would be everywhere and this thread would have pages and pages of people complaining and discussing the issue.

Just a follow up from my end. I gave up on this issue, I'm still patiently awaiting a patch. I honestly do not want to ask MS for a refund of the game because I genuinely want to play Terraria. I received an e-mail from 505 on Nov 25th where they stated they were aware of the issue, so I'm pretty sure by now a patch is in the works.

This issue only affects Terraria, every other game works just fine. It could be in some way caused by another party, i.e. Microsoft, but I strongly believe the lockup is a direct consequence of something in the codebase of the X1 port.

I just received an email back from 505 stating the same thing...

"We are aware of this issue, and are working to address this on the coming patches.

Please accept our apologies. In the meantime, please try playing Terraria in offline mode to see if you are able to load a world."

I really don't want to have to go offline constantly to play this but I guess I will so I can atleast start working on something...

I just received an email back from 505 stating the same thing...

"We are aware of this issue, and are working to address this on the coming patches.

Please accept our apologies. In the meantime, please try playing Terraria in offline mode to see if you are able to load a world."

I really don't want to have to go offline constantly to play this but I guess I will so I can atleast start working on something...
I have to load it up in offline mode, but then you can go to settings again and go online. The problem is that people can't join your world. But you can still join others.

Noticed there was a patch available, so I tried logging in today. This error is still not fixed. I still crash on the same menu.

Noticed there was a patch available, so I tried logging in today. This error is still not fixed. I still crash on the same menu.
Please, reinstall the game entirely after backing up saves. If it still isn't working than go ahead and file another bug report with 505.

Hello can you help me pls i have lost my stuff with update ans my world and caractere help me pls
my gt is GuitareEspace 7

We have got the same issue now, we have also contacted 505 via there contact form.
Only started this morning but has been working fine for the last 2 days.

I'm having this issue as well. It started out of nowhere. I was playing the game just fine, I saved and exited my world and when I went to open another it just crashed. I rebooted, reinstalled, etc. Everything Captain Morgan said he did. I even uninstalled it, downloaded a demo and reinstalled so it would be in a different spot on my drive. No fix.

I understand that this may be a rare glitch, but it's also the very definition of a game breaking bug. Rare or not, that should make it a top priority. They need to find a fix for this. Especially if they've been aware of this for almost 4 months at this point. Come on, that's just plain unacceptable.

I'm having this issue as well. It started out of nowhere. I was playing the game just fine, I saved and exited my world and when I went to open another it just crashed. I rebooted, reinstalled, etc. Everything Captain Morgan said he did. I even uninstalled it, downloaded a demo and reinstalled so it would be in a different spot on my drive. No fix.

I understand that this may be a rare glitch, but it's also the very definition of a game breaking bug. Rare or not, that should make it a top priority. They need to find a fix for this. Especially if they've been aware of this for almost 4 months at this point. Come on, that's just plain unacceptable.
I totally understand your frustrations. I was super disappointed when a similar glitch stuck a new world of mine back when 1.2 was just starting to get released for consoles. At this point the most we can do is file as detailed a report as possible with 505 and hope they can find the source from the information we provide to them. (Link to report site is in my signature)

I totally understand your frustrations. I was super disappointed when a similar glitch stuck a new world of mine back when 1.2 was just starting to get released for consoles. At this point the most we can do is file as detailed a report as possible with 505 and hope they can find the source from the information we provide to them. (Link to report site is in my signature)

I appreciate the timely response, and I did file a detailed report. At this point, though, I feel we as the consumers would like some kind of feedback on the progress. I fully understand that glitches that are rare are harder to recreate and therefore harder to pinpoint and fix, but even a conformation that they're still working on it would put me at ease, as it unarguably is a VERY serious bug.

My biggest frustration comes from the fact that the main world that five friends of mine and I were playing is hosted on my console. So they've all been affected by it, as well. That makes the problem slightly less rare, in that respect. Being a game that encourages multiplayer, many more people are probably being hindered by this bug than just those who are personally experiencing it.

Frustration is the word for this. I'm not mad about it... it's just a game. However, it's a game I love and spend a lot of precious free time on. A game I've bought three times now, along with at least two purchases each from my friends. I love that they're trying so hard to bring as much content to consoles as possible. Their first priority should be guaranteeing that the game works properly for everyone, though.

(Also, while I understand that it may be a sync issue with MS, that should still be ReLogic's responsibility to address them, not the consumer's. Especially considering that no other game has reports of this issue.)

Last edited:
I appreciate the timely response, and I did file a detailed report. At this point, though, I feel we as the consumers would like some kind of feedback on the progress. I fully understand that glitches that are rare are harder to recreate and therefore harder to pinpoint and fix, but even a conformation that they're still working on it would put me at ease, as it unarguably is a VERY serious bug.

My biggest frustration comes from the fact that the main world that five friends of mine and I were playing is hosted on my console. So they've all been affected by it, as well. That makes the problem slightly less rare, in that respect. Being a game that encourages multiplayer, many more people are probably being hindered by this bug than just those who are personally experiencing it.

Frustration is the word for this. I'm not mad about it... it's just a game. However, it's a game I love and spend a lot of precious free time on. A game I've bought three times now, along with at least two purchases each from my friends. I love that they're trying so hard to bring as much content to consoles as possible. Their first priority should be guaranteeing that the game works properly for everyone, though.

(Also, while I understand that it may be a sync issue with MS, that should still be ReLogic's responsibility to address them, not the consumer's. Especially considering that no other game has reports of this issue.)
If he has time, perhaps @MrRudi can shed some light on the issue. He is very busy overseeing the next update though so I can't promise anything.

Your frustrations are completely justified, but the fact is 505 and Engine are the ones responsible for the console ports. The PC version is what is managed by Re-Logic and is written in XMLA and therefore incompatible with consoles. The game had to be entirely rewritten and reworked for the programming languages that the various consoles run on. Sadly this means there can and likely will be unforeseeable glitches :/

The story so far for us, I called them directly to find out what is happening as my son has only had the game for 2 weeks and got to play it twice before the bug hit us. When I spoke to 505 they where surprised at the issues we where having and in fact acted like it was new to them. They said they where going to "escalate it" that was over a week ago, I then got an email the same day to say they are aware of the issue and they are looking into it...I chased yesterday and I got the same response "we are aware of it".

It is only a game but its the principle that we buy a game and we expect it to work not be hit with a bug and then not be able to play it for 2 weeks. Poor show on 505's behalf.

Back
Top Bottom