Destroy the Godmodder: Acolyte! [JUST MOVED IN]

Should I change the amount of time you guys have to post?

• Give us 1 extra day, giving us 2 days to post! I want my posts to be worth more!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Keep it with 1 day for us to post? I want to get in as many posts as possible!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm literally am joining in at the end of the act. Don't worry, some games are put on months hiatus and restart losing minimal people.

yeah probably.
would you happen to be kura hyena? you have the same avatar as them and I remember them playing DTG-renewal.
/nul

Awesome! Glad to see everyone's still here to enjoy the game. You guys have amazing faith in me, even though this update (and to some extent this game in general) has been struggling for a while. Although from what you guys said, it might be integral to this kind of forum game.

/null
How do i join

You can join automatically! You just have to say you arrive and that's it. I'll mark you in as a player for the next gameplay post.

Story post coming up soon! Not immediately, but within next weekend if things are optimistic.

/null

yeah probably.
would you happen to be kura hyena? you have the same avatar as them and I remember them playing DTG-renewal.
/nul
Yes, this is Kura, also MythicZoologist. Many forums, many names, same token furry.

Guess I need to reboot my personal timeline(s). Maybe make what I was doing make more sense (By DTG standards, at least?)

Hey everyone! Glad to see you all are still in here.

/null
Room for more?

Yep, definitely! Welcome back. I'll add your PC once the next gameplay post hits.

As promised, the update will come out this week, as art is going smoothly- even if slowly at points. I'm hoping to ramp up production soon, and I'm down to my last two works- one of which will be quite simple.

Update to drop this week, so stay tuned!

After too long of an interim, we finally have a story post! Enjoy, even if only for a bit- this one's going to be pretty light text-wise, despite this being a climactic turn of the Act.

<STORY POST>

Persecles pushes himself up to a kneel, pushing away the trauma plague's spear left in him. Ninjatwist_ approaches him, sword in hand, however, he lowers the blade as he gets closer- the Major isn't a threat anymore. Persecles gives a blank, defeated stare, displaying in the battle's gashes like marks of shame.

RBuW0mF.png

NINJATWIST_: So, Major Persecles, what do you have to say? You've made a mess out of your army and ours.

PERSECLES: I’m afraid I’ve made a dreadful mistake.
PERSECLES: I’ve blundered and assumed wrongly to your purposes.
PERSECLES: I owe you my service, and that of my men. It wouldn’t be just otherwise.

NINJATWIST_: You're pretty repentant about what you did- I'll let you live. Might be stupid of me, though- how can I trust you?

PERSECLES: I swear on my life. I'm not in a position to try betraying you, player.

NINJATWIST_: Fair enough. How can you help us? We sure could use it.

PERSECLES: I would like to help you fight those who summoned the demons to our world- most likely the dark-robed player I glanced earlier before. His aura was... deeply sinister.

NINJATWIST_: I'm not sure about what demons you're talking about, since I didn't see anything looking like them, but the Acolyte's going to take some time and a lot more effort to defeat. He's got a pretty large army of expendable Mooks- they have a nasty tendency to pop up in large numbers and swamp us.

PERSECLES: I understand- I'll have more of my army mobilized immediately to deal with this Acolyte's legion of foot soldiers.

Persecles, still trying to overcome his wounds, shuffles over to his dejected troops and signals to one of his cavalrymen, still healthier than the other soldiers who were injured to varying degrees in the fighting.

RQrwCPM.png

PERSECLES: Saurid rider! Call for medical attention for me, and these poor soldiers. Quickly- And bring backup troops! We will need them.

The mounted soldier obeys dutifully, patting his animal on the side as it gallops into the surrounding sea.

Before you go with Ninjatwist_ following, Persecles utters some last remarks and notices.

PERSECLES: I must wait here, my injuries will make it nearly impossible for me to fight, and my soldiers will not last long at all. I will rejoin you swiftly as soon as medical care arrives for us.
PERSECLES: Good luck, players, and fight wisely!

With goodbyes said to the Major and his troops, you head further down the beach for the next encounter with the Acolyte.

pXu4iZ4.png

As you walk away to the next scene, the Pro-Acolyte players appeal to the Anti-Acolytes. They were unified enough while fighting Persecles, and after seeing the Acolyte's contempt for his minions, they've decided to take a chance with their former enemies. It'll be a lot better than certainly getting backstabbed, is it not? Looking forward to new friendships and trusts, both factions shake hands and agree on their single goal.

The Pro-Acolyte faction has been player-locked! All presently Pro-Acolyte players have been transferred to the Anti-Acolyte side.

// Sorry, but this was crucial to keep the game flow healthy. I did warn you guys previously, right?

Unified, all of you present march forwards towards the Acolyte's next hiding spot.

</EPISODE 6>

<END OF ACT 1>

<BEGIN ACT 2 (title="Battle and Tension")>

<Ī̳͈̝̜̹̏̿̇̓N͓̣̣̗̲͗̂̍̍͐B̢̲͉̥̍͑̉͊͑͜O͚̼͔̹̬̓̈̓͠͝Û̞̺͉̠̫̓̀̂̕N̛̛͎͇͈̦̳̊̈͆D͙̦̬̭͕̎̐́̈͘ ̻̬̼̲͕̀̐̔̽̉Ǻ̫̹͕̩̭̏͗̚N͍͖̜̄́̓̀͑ͅͅÖ̧͓̙̬́̑͆͊̕ͅM̢̳̻͙̦̄̊̐͗͝A͈̘̯̮̰̒̓̈́̎͂L̡͎̳̹̰̏̎͛͘͝O̯͓̬̞̅̿͗̆̕ͅǗ̼̭̮̞̬̾̀̾̓Ş̨̻̩͍̈́̆̔̄͝ ̡̞̗̱̊̍͛͗̿͜I̮͙͈̭̩̔͂͆̎͋N̤̘̜̘̊̋͛̄͝ͅŢ̡͙̦̩̏͋̔̌͐Ȩ̜̬̟̙̔̄̍͗͊R̤̺̫̥̱̎̅̑̂͘F͚͈͓̱̗̆̍̆́͠Ę̭̳̥̼̈́͂͛͒͐R̫̯͍̖̩̉̀̄̈̓E̛̪̣̖̥͐̒̅̊ͅN͍͈̟̤̱͌͑̈́̆̂Ḉ̢͔͊͒̓̓͜͜Ȅ̠̱̙̤̒̅̇̉͜>

bsElLNw.png

"Such an interesting situation."
"My vision is becoming clearer now... Your world is a brilliant experience, even despite how faintly I see its light."
"My senses are weak currently- but I await the days when I am truly aware and living, instead of confined behind these minute peepholes."
"I think you wonder behind this veil of cryptic speech, and I understand you completely. I know this doesn't help presently, but take comfort that you will- in time."

<INTERFERENCE BLOCKED>

<EPISODE 1>

<title="Union">

You make your way through the beach, following the Acolyte's trail. His figurative scent is getting thinner, yet you are still itching for a fight. If you don't find something related to the Acolyte soon, you might take your anger out on the nearby mobs. The Acolyte's trail leads through a savannah bordering the beach- hopefully some form of action will come in here. The slender blades of grass graze you gently as you pass them.

Wandering through the foliage, you notice some darkly-covered shapes crouching through the brush. Some kind of animal? Doubtful. A breed of modded-in monster? Possible, but not the case. However, the figures become obvious and distinct- slowly but surely, their forms take shape.

G8BQGBb.png

MOOK: Hey, it's those guys from the beach! Get your guns ready, everyone!

A set of Mooks rise from the grasses, readying their weapons and calling their friends. Thankfully, you're ready for this- with your doubled counts, you're well-prepared for anything that would challenge you- Acolyte's minions or not! You and your buddies pose intimidatingly, ready to fight off this attack as you have all others.

</STORY POST>

That's the story post! Thanks for sticking through this- I know it's been a while. I'll be getting the gameplay post out sometime this weekend, possibly Saturday if I'm lucky, although I have many more obligations to get through on that day. I'll point out the Spoil of War in the gameplay post, so don't panic!

Stay tuned!

/null
I guess not. Always it is a map reset and this might also be an inventory reset.
Which leads to the question that: How are we gonna fight the 1st wave of anything the Acolyte send us?

Not the gameplay post, just answering questions. The gameplay post should come out later today.

/null is shadow trap still here I hope so.

Afraid not, sorry. Entities will stay behind or otherwise whenever the Episode changes, unless special circumstances come around, usually for story reasons.

/null
I guess not. Always it is a map reset and this might also be an inventory reset.

I'm not purging anyone's inventory, don't worry. The last one only happened because the old items were overpowered.

Gameplay post time!

The following changes have been made to the main battlefield:
  • All Pro-Acolyte players have joined the AA faction. Their inventories have been unified.
  • The Neutral faction has been player-locked. Any remaining players in it will stay to be incorporated into the main plot.
  • All players have been healed fully and their Overload has been reset.
  • Plague126 has been granted the Argynth Tooth Bracelet as a Spoil of War for dealing the final blow to Major Persecles! This summons an entity to the battlefield for free, but this entity takes damage each turn and the item has a 5-turn cooldown.
  • The Helm of the Juggernaut has been removed for redundancy due to the Shield Module's existence. All other items have remained untouched.
  • Redrover1760 has been readied for entry. They only need confirmation before joining in.
  • SteelSt0rmMaster, Tarhalindur, darkmega5 and Mythic/Nemean Lion have been confirmed for entry and added to the existing playerbase.
All players have increased their power level to Level 2!
  • Inventory Space has increased by 2 to 7.
  • Charge Overload's maximum capacity has increased by 5 to 20.
  • Maximum HP has increased by 4 to 24.
  • Maximum creativity-boosted damage remains at 12.
Mook squad sizes may have slightly increased.

See you guys in 2-3 days! Post away and I'll update this when the post count is sufficient.

========[End-of-Turn Events]========

The Acolyte doesn't appear anywhere at all, but some Mooks have set up an ambush for you! Ninjatwist_ draws his weapons and eggs you guys on.

NINJATWIST_: If you guys are saving anything, get it done quickly. We've gotta keep these guys down!

========[JOE and GoldHero's Sidequest]========

The Mammoth Anteater hasn't moved while the story progressed into story-important plot. Nothing has been made toward defeating it, so you should work on that.

====[The Battlefield]====
A shoreline reaching down the coast. A lot of grueling fighting has taken place here, and a lot more will in the near future.

Player Characters:

ender 2 [AA] HP: 24/24.
Pricey12345 [AA] HP: 24/24.
auyuengyat/sunnyau [AA] HP: 24/24.
Emerald_Mann [AA] HP: 24/24.
Cyanogynist [AA] HP: 24/24.
Everyone Except You (EEU) [AA] HP: 24/24.
Realicraft [AA] HP: 24/24.
MrMirrorMan [AA] HP: 24/24.
plague126 [AA] HP: 24/24.
bognog04 [AA] HP: 24/24.
SteelSt0rmMaster [AA] HP: 24/24.
Tarhalindur [AA] HP: 24/24.
darkmega5 [AA] HP: 24/24.
Mythic/Nemean Lion [AA] HP: 24/24.

Redrover1760 [???] Awaiting confirmation.

ender 2
Headless Horsemann Harmer's Howitzer §¶ (14/16 Souls) (Shotgun, Base Damage: +2, Earns 1 Soul per kill, Souls can be unleashed into an entity that can be drawn back into the gun if above Orange Health (40%), Deals +1 base damage for every 6 Souls kept in the gun)
Drunken Fist (+1 base damage, 20% crit chance, and can attack twice when not using an item, automatically disappears upon death or Episode end)
Talisman of Evasion [Dodges: IIIII] (20% dodge chance, upon achieving 5 dodges with this equipped, the entire Anti-Acolyte faction will receive Haste (20% dodge chance, +1 Speed Value) for 1 turn)
Ring of Regeneration (+1 HP healed per turn, destroys itself when wearer gets to full health)

auyuengyat
Wicked Ring §¶
(Dealing lowering an enemy into a health threshold adds +1 charge point to all charges)
Seashell (Crafting ingredient)
Inferno Stick (Base Damage: +4)
Staff of Ice (Can strike up to 3 entities at once)

Emerald_Mann
Scrambling Eggs (x2) (Deals 4 damage 6 times to an enemy or group of enemies when used)
Shield Module §¶ [Cooldown: III] (Grants Shielded (75% damage mitigation) for one turn on any unit of entities once used)

EEU
Riflescope (Sniper Rifle, Base Damage: 4)

Realicraft
Wood Log (x2) (Crafting/building ingredient)
Wooden Pickaxe (Base Damage: +1)
Wooden Sword (Base Damage: +1)

MrMirrorMan
Forgotten Fang (Blade, Base Damage: +2, 50% crit chance instead of 25%)
Remembered Revolver (Sniper Rifle, Base Damage: +2, 15% chance to apply Stasis on hit for 1 turn)

plague126
Argynth Tooth Bracelet §¶ [Cooldown: IIIII] (Summons a Phantom Argynth Soldier when used, Phantom Argynth Soldier has high stats but takes 6 damage every turn)

DathVader [N?] HP: 3/20.
RR [N] HP: 20/20.

SteelSt0rmMaster/Xalya [???] HP: 20/20.

Itinerary Objectives:
Find a way to hold off the Mook ambush! Thin their numbers for now!
Keep yourselves and any entities you make safe! More Mooks will likely join the fight!
Remember, Mook Chivalry prevents too many of them from fighting you at once!

Entities:

Ninjatwist_ [AA] HP: 50/50. Plot Armor: 0% Reduction.
Base Damage: 4
Speed Value: 4

This entity can perform unique actions like a Player Character can, such as performing special actions.

Wargear/Weapons
Shortsaber §¶ (Base Damage: +2, can attack twice)
Beretta 93R Pistol §¶ (Base Damage: 4, Burst Fire (Fire a single shot with the damage of 3 shots each burst))

Plot Armor:

This entity has a default 50% dodge chance against ranged and melee attacks from entities.
The maximum amount of damage this entity can take is 50% of its maximum health.
This entity gains a damage reduction as its health decreases, up to 80% when at RED HEALTH.
Can target and damage the Acolyte.
Can enter Plot Meditation to recover 10% of their max HP per turn. During Plot Meditation, the entity's Plot Armor is reduced to 0 and any incoming attacks will interrupt this state.

When down to 0 HP, activates Plot Regeneration. During Plot Regeneration, Plot Armor activates to 100%, this entity recovers 20% of their Max HP per turn, and this entity will not act, all for 5 turns.

Elite Sword Mook [PA] HP: 12/12. (x6)

Assault Rifle Mook [PA] HP: 12/12. (x8)

Hammer Mook [PA] HP: 12/12. (x6)

The Acolyte [AC] Progress:
HP: 64/100.

Kills: 28.

====[The Savannah]====
A flat savannah full of trees and not much else. Houses JOE and GoldHero's sidequest.

Current Area: The Savannah.
Borders: The Hills.

Current Zone: The Tar Pit.
Next To: The Pond, The Encampment (Page 32), The Hill Borders.

JOEbob [N] HP: 17/24. Shield: 0/10. Overload: 13/20.
GoldHero101 [N] HP: 14/24.

JOEbob
Flint Pickaxe (Hammer, Base Damage: +2, 50% Bleed chance when used as a weapon)
Linear Growth Perceptual Amulet (Generates Shield when out of combat, Shield gives a dodge chance depending on the interval depending on the attack (Dodge chance = Shield x 10), dodging a hit will remove shield equal to the damage of the attack that blocked it, guaranteed recovery once after death)
Crabshell Armor (27/30 HP) (30% damage reduction)
Heavy Stone Sword (Blade, Base Damage: +4, user cannot dodge while in use)
Small Backpack (Gives the user 3 more inventory slots)
Flint (Crafting Ingredient)
Dirt (Crafting/building ingredient)
Tar (x4) (Crafting ingredient)

GoldHero101

Splattershot (Assault Rifle, 25% chance to inflict Inked (30% miss chance))
Splat Roller (Sword, 50% chance to inflict Inked (30% miss chance))
Mini-Splatling Deco (Automatic, Can fire 100% more shots, 50% chance to inflict Inked (30% miss chance))
Swim Matrix (Allows user to swim: when out of combat, healing for 2 HP per turn, while in combat, grants a 20% dodge chance)
Backpack (HP: 12/20) (Gives the user 5 more inventory slots, resists 50% of damage taken while worn)
Cobblestone (x4) (Crafting/building ingredient)
Gravel (x10) (Crafting/building ingredient)
Tar (x6) (Crafting ingredient)
Flimsy Shovel (Base Damage: +1, 40% chance to break with each use)

Mammoth Anteater [H] HP: 37/96. Bleeding (1 damage over time, 2/2) Base Damage: 6. Speed Value: 3. Tearing Claws: Attacks bypass armor by 50%. Colossus: Immune to stunning effects.

Items of Interest:
Tar (Can be dug up, dangerous to swim in!)
Fossil (Will extract itself from the tar slowly)

The last trace of the Encampment's entities are on Page 32! They're locked in a sort of stasis while you're at the Tar Pit.

25/25. Ed The Undying
I summon the boss of the most tedious fetch quest ever, ED THE UNDYING!!!
Ed The Undying
HP: You decide, I suck at coming up with health values
Gimmick: After being killed, revives himself but weaker, and keeps reviving himself but weaker after being killed until the 7th time he is killed.
Nerf as needed
1/25. Attacjubg
I christen my new spoil by using it.
I take the sword from an elite sword and stab him with it.

I kick the gun out of a mook's hand, then i start to rapid-fire punch it. (the mook)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom