Votes: 11 100.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes but change.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Animus Viral

Torch God
Now before everyone yells it's too complicated or whatever, just hear me out.
My suggestion is dimensions which would work similarly to a pre-existing mod... Super Terraria World!

If you don't know what I am talking about then let me explain, in Super Terraria World, there are portals that lead to Instances which are worlds generated but are much smaller than the any world option and are of one biome like the Forest Portal would lead you to a world that only has the Forest biome and the Crimson Portal would lead you to a world that only has the Crimson Biome. In order to enter them, you would press the "Up" button. In order for you to get the portal, kill a biome Goblin that is of that biome's portal, like if you want a Crimson portal, kill a Crimson Goblin.
The portals look like this:
Capture 2018-10-17 18_01_55.png
Please disregard the parrot in that picture
Capture 2018-10-17 16_02_04.png

My version would work like this: Instead of killing a goblin for the portal, you would kill a Fractured Reality Seam which spawns in the space biome after the Moon Lord is defeated, it cannot harm the player but the player can harm them. They would have the same appearance as a recolored Ancient Light. Their spawning would be toggle with a drop from the Moon Lord called the Dimensional Mender and Ripper which has no cost and has no other purpose than toggling the spawning of the Fractured Reality Seam, it can also be used in a world that the Moon Lord wasn't defeat. Once one of these Seams have been destroyed, a portal will open. The portal works similar to a NPC as it opens like them with the menu saying,"A mysterious dimension..." and has three options, Enter which allows you to enter the portal. Dispel which allows you to get rid of it, it doesn't work if a player is currently in the dimension. And of course Close which closes the menu. The entering of the portal would work exactly as Super Terraria World. However there are differences with the worlds. First, the worlds would be set to Expert Mode permanently due to the fact you need to defeat the Moon Lord in the first place so it would be like an endgame. Second, your world stats are transferred over to that world but not back, meaning if you were in Hardmode in your original world or a certain boss has been defeated, the world would act the same. However, if you decide to defeat a boss in this world, it will not transfer that data back to the original world. Upon dying in the dimensional world, as long as there no other players in the world, it will be deleted and you will be sent back to your spawn point. If you would leave of your own will (in your menu would have "Leave Dimension" just like Super Terraria World that allows you to leave at any point.) then the world will not be deleted, you will be place right next to the portal, and will stay around, but it is able to despawn and when it does, the world would be deleted. Now you might be asking about the world evil and it can be both. Let's say you have a Crimson world, you can get a portal to both Corruption and Crimson in the same world.

Biomes for Portals!
Forest Biome
Just the same as the real version but higher chance of large trees spawning in it and now and then you might find a ruined house. Wonder who lived in that.

Desert Biome
Again the same but guaranteed Pyramid!

Dungeon Biome
Available after Skeletron is defeated.You would spawn right in the dungeon. Bring your Biome keys though as there is no way to get them here and all variants of the Biome Chests will spawn here. Corruption and Crimson! Now you can get those Vampire Knives you Corruption world players! The color of the Dungeon's brick depends on RNG

Lihzahrd Temple
Available after Golem is defeated. It is simply a world turned into a Lihzahrd temple. More Lihzahrd Altars to summon Golem can be found here.

Jungle
Usually looks the same with the exception of the few pygmy houses with a tiki totem to take. If you have already defeated the three Mech bosses then Plantera's bulb will spawn here, however if you kill Plantera in the dimension, it will not be counted in the original world. The Mobile exclusive Jungle Sanctum would be found here with the same things as the original.

Meteorite
You're on the surface of a Meteor, a lot of ore here for you, just don't touch it because it's going to burn. You will spawn on a Meteorite Brick Platform

Still WIP, please wait for next update of this.
Event Portals
These are portals for events that have at least occurred once.

Martian City: Xenopolis
Look upon the glory of tech! However, get ready because the Martian Invasion event begins because the Martians don't like you and they want you to leave their world.

Goblin Town: Goblin Kingdom
A medieval town, the Goblin Army will attack you here because they hate trespassers.

Frozen Hangout: Sub-Zero Safehouse
The Frost Legions lives here, careful as these Gangstas are after trespassers!

Shipwrecked Island: Booty Island
They are here, and coming for your BOOTY! Treasure booty that is.

SLIME WORLD
The world of Slime Rancher, Just Kidding, There is just a lot slimes trying to kill you

Pumpkin Patch:Haunted Harvest
Halloween is closer than you think, a haunted house also spawns here with some Halloween exclusive items like Goody Bags

Arctic Wasteland: Frozen Wasteland
The Christmas Spirit is here, and it's angry. A few igloos spawn with many items like the Fish (summons pet Penguin), Ice Mirror,and Presents!

LUNAR WORLDS
Portals to these worlds appears after the Lunar Apocalypse, the Pillars of that world will be near in that world.

Lunar World:Solar
A burning world, fire is more of a hazard here and healing is crucial for survival here

Lunar World:Vortex
A weird Desert but it's infested with these Aliens, be careful.

Lunar World:Nebula
Looks like a cluster of sky islands, the nebulan creatures are taking the power of the ability to float here, speed to escape them is very useful here.

Lunar World:Stardust
A lot of planetoids here, and star creatures too.

OTHER PORTALS

Aperture Science
Has some portal guns for some extra cash and a Companion Cube can be found here, free of charge!

WIP

Other things before you go
Town NPCs and Other Portals cannot spawn within the dimension
There can be a Maximum of Three (3) portals in a world at a time.
This is just a suggestion

Thanks to @Yello_Xplorer for the names of the worlds
OH GEEZ that was a lot of typing!
Comments, Concerns, Criticism?

Last edited:
1) So, if you dispel a portal and get another same type portal, will it link to the same dimension or make a fresh new one?
2) Is the Ruined House similar to the Underground Cabins?
3) I think killing Moon Lord. In space. is a bit rough since there is a good chance the LORDE will despawn and make you sad.
4) So, this will give you an evil biome crossover content? Like Crimson × Corruption? (Get EoW in an originally Crimson World while in that dimension)
5) I have some names for those Invasion dimensions:
-Martian City: Xenopolis (Xeno + Metropolis, since it's alien and aliens are advanced so why not a metropolis?)
-Goblin Town: Goblin Kingdom (Gob Warriors, Thiefs, and all that might classify as a kingdom)
-Frozen Hangout: Sub-zero Safehouse
6) There seems to be no Pirate Invasion, so I'm gonna give this, the Booty Island

1) So, if you dispel a portal and get another same type portal, will it link to the same dimension or make a fresh new one?
2) Is the Ruined House similar to the Underground Cabins?
3) I think killing Moon Lord. In space. is a bit rough since there is a good chance the LORDE will despawn and make you sad.
4) So, this will give you an evil biome crossover content? Like Crimson × Corruption? (Get EoW in an originally Crimson World while in that dimension)
5) I have some names for those Invasion dimensions:
-Martian City: Xenopolis (Xeno + Metropolis, since it's alien and aliens are advanced so why not a metropolis?)
-Goblin Town: Goblin Kingdom (Gob Warriors, Thiefs, and all that might classify as a kingdom)
-Frozen Hangout: Sub-zero Safehouse
6) There seems to be no Pirate Invasion, so I'm gonna give this, the Booty Island
1.It will make a new world
2.Yes
3.You don't kill them in space
4.Yes, this allows you to get things that you wouldn't get originally in the world.
5.I'm adding those.
6.??? Reference?

This doesn't quite provide new challenge but it would be nice to have with some reason to go there
If you played in a non-Expert mode game then you can get Expert mode Items and you can have an invasion without it killing your town NPCs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bry
I haven't had any experience with Super Terraria World, but this sounds really interesting. One of the few "other dimensions" ideas that I've wanted to support, mainly because you have a reasonable idea of how the heck it would be implemented.
They are here, and coming for your BOOTY! Treasury booty that is.
Swiggity swooty...

Exploration and the possibility of finding items inside the dimensions (e.g. Pyramid items), are there other benefits to dimensions? Would we be able to fight Plantera in a Jungle dimension if our Jungle was clobbered by the Crimson? Would we be able to travel to the Corruption to get Corruption-exclusive items for our Crimson world?

Exploration and the possibility of finding items inside the dimensions (e.g. Pyramid items), are there other benefits to dimensions? Would we be able to fight Plantera in a Jungle dimension if our Jungle was clobbered by the Crimson? Would we be able to travel to the Corruption to get Corruption-exclusive items for our Crimson world?
You would still be able to fight Plantera as long as you are at or pass that point in the game. You can travel to the Corruption to get Corruption-exclusive items. The Dungeon World Evil exclusive item (Scourge of Corruptor and Vampire Knives) only appears in the Dungeon dimension.

Last edited:
More Portals!
After completing wave 15 in the Pumpkin/Frost Moon, the portals will start to spawn for each respective Moon
1) Pumpkin Patch: Haunted Harvest (Instant wave 15 PM)
2) Arctic Wasteland: Frozen Kingdom (Instant wave 15 FM)

More Portals!
After completing wave 15 in the Pumpkin/Frost Moon, the portals will start to spawn for each respective Moon
1) Pumpkin Patch: Haunted Harvest (Instant wave 15 PM)
2) Arctic Wasteland: Frozen Kingdom (Instant wave 15 FM)
Ok. Adding those and lunar versions

The problem with this is that in multiplayer, the server would have to be running every dimension that a player is in, which could cause major issues.

The problem with this is that in multiplayer, the server would have to be running every dimension that a player is in, which could cause major issues.
That's why when they dispel, it should delete the world. Also the worlds are WAY smaller than the possible world choices, It's smaller than small.

You would still be able to fight Plantera as long as you are at or pass that point in the game. You can travel to the Corruption to get Corruption-exclusive items. The Dungeon World Evil exclusive item (Scourge of Corruptor and Vampire Knives) only appears in the Dungeon dimension.
This sounds like a good way to add more and experience more. If the pocket dimensions are always recreated, there will also be something new to explore. I quite like this idea. :)

That's why when they dispel, it should delete the world. Also the worlds are WAY smaller than the possible world choices, It's smaller than small.
I think what @Acamaeda was saying is that if one player is in the main world and another is in, for example, the pyramid dimension, and other players are potentially in other dimensions as well, the server would need to run the main world as well as any active dimensions.

I think what @Acamaeda was saying is that if one player is in the main world and another is in, for example, the pyramid dimension, and other players are potentially in other dimensions as well, the server would need to run the main world as well as any active dimensions.
The Super Terraria World is trying to solve that problem as they are attempting to make it work.
Also, changing it so a limited amount of portals can exist at a time. Five is the maximum now.

This sounds really great, but more elaboration is needed on the pocket dimesnions' contents like, for the Frost Legion's world, it would be mostly under ground, made of snow and ice brick, have coins and stolen loot around. <-- (Thats just my little suggestion, based on whatI imagined it to be like from reading the name. Congrats @Yellow_Explorer btw those are quality). Maybe the Martians' world would have a red-coloured desert background with red sand and tall buildings made out of luminite and martian bricks... the goblins world would have orange trees and grass among the buildings... sorry if I'm overstepping my boundaries a bit here but I love this idea so much that i had to say how I think it could be taken further

Back
Top Bottom