tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, where? The World ID doesn't work, I tried that already ;-;
Looks like my memory wasn't correct. I think porting a vanilla world to tAPI is currently impossible, then.
As to when it may be possible, I have no idea. I heard it'll be possible in the next update, but I don't know.

Looks like my memory wasn't correct. I think porting a vanilla world to tAPI is currently impossible, then.
As to when it may be possible, I have no idea. I heard it'll be possible in the next update, but I don't know.
Yeah, they said there'd be a porter in the next update, but it isn't so much that I want to port over the world, but regenerate it, seeing as it's currently ~75% Crimson and ~20% Hallowed

Yeah, they said there'd be a porter in the next update, but it isn't so much that I want to port over the world, but regenerate it, seeing as it's currently ~75% Crimson and ~20% Hallowed
you said your world file got corrupted, not that most of the world is infected by crimson...
in that case, use a clentaminator

Hey guys, I'm experiencing a problem with my TAPI server/world. I can't seem to save my world. If i try in single-player, an error comes up then closes the game. If I use the "save" command with the server, it won't actually save, and either nothing will come up in the command line, or it would say "invalid command". It was working fine before I added 2 additional mods. After realising that I couldn't save with these 2 additional mods, I removed them, now the save function doesn't work at all. Any solution to this? Or would I have to restart the game completely.

you said your world file got corrupted, not that most of the world is infected by crimson...
in that case, use a clentaminator
corrupted in the sense of, taken over by the corruptive biome. with that that'd take way too long, and I want to start a new playthrough in the same world

Shouldn't the 'lazy' prefix decrease speed rather than increasing it? It looks like it's tApi thing. I have only Omnir's Nostalgia Pack (and Base Mod) installed.

@13Bug: Probably someone forgot to type "-" :)

Attachments

• lazy iron axe.png
    lazy iron axe.png
    323.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Shouldn't the 'lazy' prefix decrease speed rather than increasing it? It looks like it's tApi thing. I have only Omnir's Nostalgia Pack (and Base Mod) installed.
As a matter of fact, it should. The percentage is right, but something is reversing its effect. I'm no coder though, so I'm not sure what's causing that.

For the past few days my tAPI launcher worked fine, but when i tried to add the Omnir's Nostalgia pack all items map, it wont load. It just crashes. It says that Basemod and GRealms don't have approval to add certain things. Can someone help?

TamperReceive is when you want to modify incoming packets. NetReceive is for receiving your own custom packets that have been sent.
Better question: How do you send custom packets/messages? I assume that's with TamperSend? Should I send it as message id 100 (for NetReceive), or do I pick an unused number (e.g. 101) and use TamperReceive?

Last edited:
Better question: How do you send custom packets/messages? I assume that's with TamperSend? Should I send it as message id 100 (for NetReceive), or do I pick an unused number (e.g. 101) and use TamperReceive?
You'd use this method, found inside the NetMessage class:
Code:
public static void SendModData(Mod mod, int subMsgType = 0, int remoteClient = -1, int ignoreClient = -1, params object[] args)
subMsgType is basically a sub-ID for your packet; basically it's guaranteed not to conflict with the IDs of other mods or vanilla packets, since you also pass your own mod as a parameter. In order to actually pass in your own mod, you'll need to use Mods.GetMod("ModName"). For most things you won't be using remoteClient and ignoreClient; their names should be self-explanatory however. Finally, the final parameter(s) is the information you send through the packet.

Upon starting TAPI with Omnir's Nostalgia Pack installed (nothing else causes this),
6:57:37 PM System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (509) Bandwidth Error.
at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)
at Game_Launcher_3.Form1.CheckForAvailableDowngradePatches()
6:57:42 PM Start() - Starting: tAPI.exe
6:57:42 PM Start() - Process started
6:58:00 PM Start() - Process exited
:red:? Help pls, really want to play it :(
Took the Omnir mod out of my Tapi Mods Local folder where all the mods go, still getting the error even though I took it out... Omnir broke my Tapi :red2:
EDIT:
Whenever i try to open TAPI, the startup sound plays, but that's it. what should i do?
Do you have Omnir's Nostalgia Pack?

Hello everyone! And again a stupid question. -_-
How can you change the settings of the monster from the original game?
If so, in what way? :confused:
It depends on what kind of change you want to make (if I remember correctly, it should be possible to change most things, but many features require different methods for changing them).
For example, to change an NPC's damage, you could do something like:
Code:
NPCDef.byType[monsterID].damage = whatever;
Replacing monsterID and whatever with numbers. This line of code should go in your mod base's OnLoad method (or something like that).
(Keep in mind that if you want to change the damage of an NPC's projectiles, you'll have to change its AI, which is a bit more complicated.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom