tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Discussion in 'Released' started by Yoraiz0r, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: discontinued prior to 1.3 release
Lock date: 20:26 04-08-2016
  1. zadum4ivii

zadum4ivii Official Terrarian

Yeah, yeah! :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 14, 2014 ---
    How I can create an item that will activate all wires and mechs from a distance? If you can write the full code please because I am not good at .cs o_O Tnx.

2. Nopezal

Nopezal Skeletron Prime

'Yknow, learning C# (the language for .cs files) might be a thing to consider! It's not a hard language, that's for sure.
    For tutorials, I would recommend thenewboston. If you know the syntax, you can go ahead to msdn (Microsoft Developers Network)!

daupper and Yoraiz0r like this.
  3. daupper

daupper Terrarian

Would have done that, but I fixed it now, thanks. It took me some time to find out the folders are now plural. Also, I still had some constructors lying around.

4. liM3

liM3 Terrarian

I do not have a unsorted folder but i have a local.?

5. Fruitbat

Fruitbat Terrarian

It does make a lot of sense actually.
    you guys create MAGIC

Nopezal likes this.
  6. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r Lead Developer Re-Logic

This is how tAPI works now , we ditched mod sets since the feature was unused and took a lot of work to get working as we kept developing.
    Because there will be no sorted folders now, the only one you need aside Sources is Local.

7. Bal-Sagoth

Bal-Sagoth Terrarian

Excuse me, someone on the GOG's boards mentionned your software saying the R11 version was usable with the GOG version of Terraria.

I did download the R11, tried to install it, but its still searches for a Steam folder (even when I agree to let the software choose the folder, I have to discontinue the installation). When I redirect it to the right folder in order to install it, C:\GOG Games\Terraria, it says

[​IMG]

So, I'm puzzled. Is the R11 version usable with the GOG Terraria or not?

If not, is there plan in the near future to release a tAPI functionnal with the Terraria downloaded from GOG?

I was searching for a replacement of the Game Launcher, which is not compatible with GOG Terraria too.

Thanks you.

8. Shockah

Shockah Grandson of The Wizard

As long as the folder contains a Terraria.exe file, it'll work. Is that not the case with the GOG version?

9. Arkhayla

Arkhayla Quality Director Re-Logic

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will look in to it, this version was intended to work with GOG and should not require game launcher either. Hopefully the fix will be simple? not sure yet.

10. Solstice

Solstice Terrarian

Hey guys every time I copy and paste a mod like Necro.tapi and put it in Local, the new mod folder,i get the Error Tapi has stopped working.but when i dont have any mods in it it works fine.Why is this?

11. Shockah

Shockah Grandson of The Wizard

Necropolis is a tAPI r10 mod, no wonder.
    If you really want to play it, here's tAPI 1.2.2 r10 - http://tapi.axxim.net/releases/r10.exe.

Bullseye55 likes this.
  12. Solstice

Solstice Terrarian

Alright thanks I thought that might've been the problem....

13. Grox The Great

Grox The Great Terrarian

A few things modders porting over from 1.2.2 should know:

1. In ALL cases of constructors, you must remove them. They are no longer needed because, as shockah stated, it was very annoying to add them into the class when they did nothing. Anything your mod needs to set on load should be done in that hook, OnLoad().

2. Defs was split up into it's components, the common ones are:

Defs.npcs -> NPCDef.byName
    Defs.projectiles -> ProjDef.byName
    Defs.items -> ItemDef.byName
    Defs.buffs -> BuffDef.type (This is temporary)
    Defs.tiles -> TileDef.type (This is temporary)

The key (ie the string you put in) for the above are the same as before. (Defs.npcs["MyMod:MyNPC"] -> NPCDef.byName["MyMod:MyNPC"])
    The only one that is the same is Defs.prefixes, which is still in Defs.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    Bullseye55, Nopezal, Omnir and 5 others like this.
  14. BFlat

BFlat Headless Horseman

So I upgraded to r11 and now all my :red: is messed up. Explain. Now. PLEASE.

15. Kyle TheCreator

Kyle TheCreator Terrarian

Hey guys, how I can update some mod? I want update some mods that crash when I put on tAPI r11 version.

16. Sapharan

Sapharan Plantera

|
    V
    Priceless.

17. BFlat

BFlat Headless Horseman

-_-

Arkhayla likes this.
  18. PoroCYon

PoroCYon Terrarian

Don't forget

Fruitbat, Nopezal, Blue_Raven and 2 others like this.
  19. Grox The Great

Grox The Great Terrarian

Can you post your errors? Just saying it doesn't work does not really help me figure out exactly what your problem is.

20. Omnir

Omnir The Destroyer

I'm using Zoodletec's examples that he gave me a long while ago, and obviously there are now issues building the mod

this issue is:
    public override bool CanSpawn(int x, int y, int type, Player spawnedOn)

The type or namespace name 'Player' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    public override bool CanSpawn(int x, int y, int type, Player spawnedOn)

Bullseye55 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.