tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I give my boss a custom music?
Check if the npc is active and then play whatever music you want I believe

Also if anyone could help me with a couple things:
  1. Is there any way to remove particles added by projectile aistyles? I want to use aistyle 8 which is bouncy but it has fire particles, is that changeable?
  2. Am I able to remove loot from mob drop tables?
Thanks in advance!

ALSO Post #666
inb4 Satan
inb4 banned for devil worshiping
inb4 Illuminati confirmed

Check if the npc is active and then play whatever music you want I believe

Also if anyone could help me with a couple things:
  1. Is there any way to remove particles added by projectile aistyles? I want to use aistyle 8 which is bouncy but it has fire particles, is that changeable?
  2. Am I able to remove loot from mob drop tables?
Thanks in advance!

ALSO Post #666
inb4 Satan
inb4 banned for devil worshiping
inb4 Illuminati confirmed
1. Only with some hackish ways you shouldn't really use.
2. Not in r13, it's supposed to be the big feature of r14. Mods will need to be made to work with it without using the NPCLoot method though.

1. Only with some hackish ways you shouldn't really use.
2. Not in r13, it's supposed to be the big feature of r14. Mods will need to be made to work with it without using the NPCLoot method though.
Bummer :p Tried making a bouncy ai and just screwed up really really bad, kinda unfortunate. Can't wait for that, am looking at fixing the shadow mimic drops being the same as the rest, it irks me so much. Thanks Shockah!

So you need both the JSON and the C# file to make an advanced Item? I been busy so I've had not time to check.

Also, if our Item has a - in its name, how could we still use it while programming it? Since I get returned errors concerning the -

Last edited:
Guys I have a problem. I was following this tutorial on how to make a basic item. I did everything right, didn't get any errors, compiled my mod, loaded it ingame, but then I try to craft it. It's not there at all, even though all the crafting conditions are met, like my mod doesn't do anything at all. Anyone else got this problem?
{
"internalName": "ScimitarMod",
"displayName": "Scimitar",
"author": "Imonobor",
"info": "Adds a simple scimitar weapon.",
"version": "1.0"
}
{
"texture": "Item/ScimitarWeapon.png",
"size": [64, 64],
"maxStack": 1,
"Value": [0, 1, 0, 0],
"rare": 5,
"tooltip": "It's f*cking sharp!",
"useStyle": 1,
"useAnimation": 50,
"useTime": 50,
"damage": 60,
"knockback": 10,
"useSound": 1,
"autoReuse": true,
"useTurn": true,
"melee": true,
"recipes":[{
"items": { "Dirt Block": 1 },
"tiles": [ "Work Bench" ],
"creates": 1
}]
}

Guys I have a problem. I was following this tutorial on how to make a basic item. I did everything right, didn't get any errors, compiled my mod, loaded it ingame, but then I try to craft it. It's not there at all, even though all the crafting conditions are met, like my mod doesn't do anything at all. Anyone else got this problem?
{
"internalName": "ScimitarMod",
"author": "Imonobor",
"info": "Adds a simple scimitar weapon.",
"version": "1.0"
}
{
"texture": "Item/ScimitarWeapon.png",
"size": [64, 64],
"maxStack": 1,
"Value": [0, 1, 0, 0],
"rare": 5,
"tooltip": "It's f*cking sharp!",
"useStyle": 1,
"useAnimation": 50,
"useTime": 50,
"damage": 60,
"knockback": 10,
"useSound": 1,
"autoReuse": true,
"useTurn": true,
"melee": true,
"recipes":[{
"items": { "Dirt Block": 1 },
"tiles": [ "Work Bench" ],
"creates": 1
}]
}

If you haven't already, Change your "Item" folder to "Items". The folder names are plural now.

anyone else not able to join servers?

I'm fairly certain that tAPI can't join a Vanilla Terraria server, only servers that are also running tAPI. Also, when you join a tAPI server, tAPI will automatically download and enable all mods that are running on that server, and disable any of your mods that aren't on the server.

If you want to join a Vanilla server, simply go back to Vanilla Terraria.

I'm fairly certain that tAPI can't join a Vanilla Terraria server, only servers that are also running tAPI. Also, when you join a tAPI server, tAPI will automatically download and enable all mods that are running on that server, and disable any of your mods that aren't on the server.

If you want to join a Vanilla server, simply go back to Vanilla Terraria.

i meant lan servers i'll edit the post

i meant lan servers i'll edit the post
Well, there's several possible reasons why LAN isn't working for you.

It could be that the server is being firewalled. Make sure that both tAPI and tAPI Server have LAN access in local networks. I don't know what firewall you are using, so I can't give you specific instructions.

tAPI doesn't support the 'Host & Play' feature so you need to start the tAPI dedicated server. There's a shortcut to it in the upper left corner of the multiplayer menu. This will start the server in command prompt. Select your world and press enter a few times to use default settings. (The default port for tAPI is 7777.) You also need to manually enter the IP address of the computer running the server into the computer thats trying to join. If you don't know what it is, it will probably be something like 192.168.1.(a number between 2 and 255). Type ipconfig into a new command prompt window and look for your IPv4 address.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom