Console Do console players recieve the 1.3 update later when the PC comes out?

As far as I know 505Games have yet to confirm that they'll keep updating their games with the new PC content, though they did hint at some new features to come with the next gen releases and past gen will be getting it at the same time most likely since they said the games will be compatible and that they want to maintain a cross-gen/platform community. As many have said, if consoles do get the updates it won't be until quite sometime has passed after the update(s) are released for PC since 505 doesn't get access to the coding until then.

As far as I know 505Games have yet to confirm that they'll keep updating their games with the new PC content, though they did hint at some new features to come with the next gen releases and past gen will be getting it at the same time most likely since they said the games will be compatible and that they want to maintain a cross-gen/platform community. As many have said, if consoles do get the updates it won't be until quite sometime has passed after the update(s) are released for PC since 505 doesn't get access to the coding until then.
Thanks Nike :p

Thanks Nike for your generous intel... However we can only speculate that they will give us an update at the same time the next-gen console editions are released and no release date for an update has been given. TCF, when do you think that we will get a solid update?

I'm with you guys. Really hoping the new TCF makes update information a more transparent activity. I understand that red and his crew have no literal control over 505games and their update plans for console, but somebody has to know something. Are you out there ruud?

i've mostly stopped playing, since its getting harder to enjoy what we currently have when i keep seeing all the stuff from 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, and now 1.3...

unlike others, i can only enjoy something so much before my envy makes it impossible to enjoy what i have... doesnt help that i have no one to play with anymore... and online is still kinda frustrating, mostly with the microphones not working most of the time.

really hoping that someday, the entire community will be on equal ground... as it is, console players are still at the foot of the mountain.

i've mostly stopped playing, since its getting harder to enjoy what we currently have when i keep seeing all the stuff from 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, and now 1.3...

unlike others, i can only enjoy something so much before my envy makes it impossible to enjoy what i have... doesnt help that i have no one to play with anymore... and online is still kinda frustrating, mostly with the microphones not working most of the time.

really hoping that someday, the entire community will be on equal ground... as it is, console players are still at the foot of the mountain.
I guess that's one way to look at it. And I definitely understand the lag issues and stuff. I honestly don't play console much aside from my playthrough with my Best friend because I already got the end-game gear I wanted with one of my old characters. Personally I see Consoles as half way up the mountain compared to PC now that we have the 1.2 content, but I'm an optimist by nature. I hope you can maybe find some other console players through the forum that re-energize you for the game :)
You could also try doing one of the challenge playthroughs, or start over with a specific class.

Answer (Not Yet Confirmed though)

We will get 1.2.4 when PC gets 1.3
We will get 1.3 when PC gets 2.0

:)

One of my goals is more of a single voice and equal transparency from al three facets of the dev side. Admittedly, I have no control over Engine/CodeGlue/505....but I am pushing.

Even still, things like future updates and/or release dates will only ever be shared when we KNOW with reasonable certainty they are accurate statements. Doing otherwise would be a disservice to the community.

As of now, nothing to report - but I am poking and pushing. ;)

i just want the complete experience, period.

i mean, im grateful for what we have, but it IS a little difficult to fully enjoy what i have when i KNOW i only have a fraction of what is already out there.

i kinda hope updates slow down on PC after 1.3, so we can finally catch up and be happy knowing we're all equal for awhile... its frustrating being left in the dust like we are, and it creates tension in the community, i think.
After 1.3 terraria is going to be handed to a few programmers to continue support and stuff. Red's starting something new after 1.3...terraria 2.

After 1.3 terraria is going to be handed to a few programmers to continue support and stuff. Red's starting something new after 1.3...terraria 2.

i know... that is what has me worried.

last thing we need are another dozen updates after 1.3 that probably wont even make it to the console version... i hope 505 keeps up with it all.

We're expected to get 1.2.4 for console. So, 1.3, should take as long as Hardmode was expected, times 2.

last thing we need are another dozen updates after 1.3 that probably wont even make it to the console version... i hope 505 keeps up with it all.
505 Games are working on other games, as well as their new releasement: Sniper Elite 3. So we might have to wait a little longer til we here anything for the consoles version.

Tbh if we get 1.3 patch (which will be awhile if they really will do it) id be saisfied with just that. 1.3 alone would be a blessin lol. If I were you id keep my hopes lower. Not that I dont trust 505 and engines but you will be alot less enraged if we all dont get the 1.3.

p.s. we havent even got 1.2.4 I think u should look forward for that before you go ahead of yourself...pc players havent even got 1.3 and there already over 3,000 items.

Tbh if we get 1.3 patch (which will be awhile if they really will do it) id be saisfied with just that. 1.3 alone would be a blessin lol. If I were you id keep my hopes lower. Not that I dont trust 505 and engines but you will be alot less enraged if we all dont get the 1.3.

p.s. we havent even got 1.2.4 I think u should look forward for that before you go ahead of yourself...pc players havent even got 1.3 and there already over 3,000 items.

rage is my thing... if i dont feel incomprehensible hatred toward the world, who will?

if we dont get the full experience, then what was the point of even making the game?

and even talking about 1.2.4 is getting ahead of ourselves, really... we dont even have 1.2.2 and 1.2.3...

Last edited:
rage is my thing... if i dont feel incomprehensible hatred toward the world, who will?

if we dont get the full experience, then what was the point of even making the game?

and even talking about 1.2.4 is getting ahead of ourselves, really... we dont even have 1.2.2 and 1.2.3...

i find it weird, someone saying "keep your hopes lower"... should i just take that way of thinking into all aspects of life?

maybe i should stop hoping to be happy, stop hoping for things to get better, and just expect everyone and everything to fall to the ground in hopelessness and despair?
Lmaoooo. All im saying is have patience its not necessarily there fault. They have to get permission from red to use his code plus theres the fact they have to worry about other platform's like xbone and ps4. Im not saying thats why there taking long but you have to remember... this is consoles were talking about it takes long. Btw I meant to sat 1.2.3 not 1.2.4. XD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom