tModLoader Dual Wielding

Credits
  • Omnir for creating art for the back hand of the player (a feature that eventually was not implemented)
I'll blame @Omnir for this. :p

Overall, it's cool that you've brought this back once again.
In general, Dual wielding is amazing and I've played too less games that featured them.
Great thats it's working in Terraria again. :D

I wonder what happens when you have equipped weapons that have a Secondary attack by default
like Brand of the Inferno or Sky Dragon's Fury

I wonder what happens when you have equipped weapons that have a Secondary attack by default
like Brand of the Inferno or Sky Dragon's Fury
When your items provide right-click features, they are incompatible with dual wielding, and are simply ignored by the mod. (they still function perfectly fine!) Right-clicking still functions for all original purposes - you will be able to talk to NPCs, interact with tiles and all that without interference - basic functions take priority over using the offhand item.

Cool mod, except i don't know how to use it. Hehe. Even the instructions helps but...I tried using both iron and Lead bows, right-clicking dose nothing, am i doing something wrong here or that's normal? Because i don't think it's normal, because it dose nothing, even when i put it as a memory in the matching number, it still dose not count.

So, basically just help me out here, okay? Even i read the instructions, it still never works, even though...it still has the matching number. So, let me know with helpful advice, kay?

Edit: I think i figured it out by putting these two bows at the opposite way around. I think?

Goes without saying but truly incredible work, and well-worth the long-awaited release. I haven't encountered any bugs so far personally.

Although imo, this reeeeally needs more attention on balance. When you get more powerful weapons (especially if magic-based), this almost feels like a cheat mod or godmode even with "dwbalance" turned on. There needs more of a feeling of risk/reward, rather than nearly all reward. I'm glad shields don't work while duel wielding, but it still isn't nearly enough.

In addition to what dwbalance provides, I propose a 50% drop in overall defense while duel wielding. This is a lot more realistic -- because if you're dual wielding offensively, you're leaving your body far more vulnerable to damage. This also makes it far more interesting and strategic whether you wish to attack a boss all-out, or perhaps switch it up throughout the battle between dual and single. Because as it is now, there is literally no reason not to dual wield.

At the very least, I hope this can be an additional option like "dwbalance". I've seen some argue make dual-wielding items swing/cast/throw slower as well -- but I'm perfectly content with just the defense reduction. Regardless, thank you for making such an incredibly innovating, useful, polished addition to Terraria.

Goes without saying but truly incredible work, and well-worth the long-awaited release. I haven't encountered any bugs so far personally.

Although imo, this reeeeally needs more attention on balance. When you get more powerful weapons (especially if magic-based), this almost feels like a cheat mod or godmode even with "dwbalance" turned on. There needs more of a feeling of risk/reward, rather than nearly all reward. I'm glad shields don't work while duel wielding, but it still isn't nearly enough.

In addition to what dwbalance provides, I propose a 50% drop in overall defense while duel wielding. This is a lot more realistic -- because if you're dual wielding offensively, you're leaving your body far more vulnerable to damage. This also makes it far more interesting and strategic whether you wish to attack a boss all-out, or perhaps switch it up throughout the battle between dual and single. Because as it is now, there is literally no reason not to dual wield.

At the very least, I hope this can be an additional option like "dwbalance". I've seen some argue make dual-wielding items swing/cast/throw slower as well -- but I'm perfectly content with just the defense reduction. Regardless, thank you for making such an incredibly innovating, useful, polished addition to Terraria.
True, I also would like it. Maybe you (@Yoraiz0r) could make it compatible with this mod: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mod-settings-configurator.58368/#post-1387840 so we could configure how much balance we want

God. I can imagine myself spamming two Last Prisms against Bluemagic's bosses now. Downloaded and awaiting for the remaining updates of my current mods.
Bluemagic's bosses have countermeasures against that sort of thing.
Still gonna be awesome though.

OMG this is probably the best mod ever,better than calamity,tremor,thorium,item browser(no offense @jopojelly ) and any other mod,this opens options for so much creativity.
For example:wielding a wood sword with water bolt and u make a cool earlay mana projectile sword thingy or maybe double water bolt :)
BAST MOD EVAR yoraizor your the best

Back
Top Bottom