Mobile Dungeon Location

Cloud551

Spazmatism
so i was flooding a world for the first time since i got my moonshell. digging straight down underneath the big wide tree thats in almost every map. and suddenly get thwarted by the dungeon guardian. (made me jump so high) question is. do dungeons usually spawn in the middle of a map? had me so confused.

Could you upload a screenshot of your world map?
The dungeon may have spawned in the usual area, but the rooms and tunnels of it may have generated in a long line, causes dungeon bricks to be close to the center of the world.

Sounds to me like what Nardia said. Dungeon is where it should be on the surface, but the extended rooms in the underground and caverns layers may be near center. With the smaller worlds that we get on Mobile it's very possible the dungeon may not have as much room to grow as normal.

i assure you its not like that. will upload a pic in a minute
[DOUBLEPOST=1439349069,1439348811][/DOUBLEPOST]dungeon entrance. entrance related to tree. and the tree related to howmuch of the map is left (still like half a screen before the ocean starts)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,003
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 530
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 422
[DOUBLEPOST=1439349069,1439348811][/DOUBLEPOST]dungeon entrance. entrance related to tree. and the tree related to howmuch of the map is left (still like half a screen before the ocean starts)
The Dungeon can rarely spawn long hallways that can reach a long ways across the world...I learned this the hard way.

the is about my dungeon in the middle of the map. as i was diggin down the tree i got killed. went back and found the entrance in a dip. i have never heard of a dungeon entrance not being on one side of the map or the other. as you can see its right next to corruption. which is in turn right before my spawn.

i like rare things so ill keep the map forever. i just want to know if im the only one its happened to.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439349833,1439349713][/DOUBLEPOST]also for the person wanting the pics. im on a crap old phone and cant zoom out very much.

Regardless of the spawning in the middle of the map, you should not be considered to be in the dungeon (and thus be attacked by the DG) unless you are in front of Dungeon Walls, so that's another bug in itself.

so i was flooding a world for the first time since i got my moonshell. digging straight down underneath the big wide tree thats in almost every map. and suddenly get thwarted by the dungeon guardian. (made me jump so high) question is. do dungeons usually spawn in the middle of a map? had me so confused.

I'm assuming you are having a problem with the world generating.
Regarding the Guardian spawning, and killing you in that tree my best recommendation is to kill the Skeleton to resolve the solution that way you won't have any "pop ups" with the guardian, here and there anymore.

But still it seems strange, and it should be dealt by the developers.

kazzy i was digging straight down and not paying attention. no light. could of easily been near a wall and not noticed. (love that minesweeper pic btw)
regardless Skeletron was killed when i went and found the entrance. and im assuming this hasnt happened to anyone else? schweeet.

Regardless of the spawning in the middle of the map, you should not be considered to be in the dungeon (and thus be attacked by the DG) unless you are in front of Dungeon Walls, so that's another bug in itself.

That's not true. I've been attacked and of course killed by the DG while I was a few squares from the dungeon blocks underground. You don't have to be inside the walls to be attacked by him.

That's not true. I've been attacked and of course killed by the DG while I was a few squares from the dungeon blocks underground. You don't have to be inside the walls to be attacked by him.
I've actually been attacked by the Dungeon Guardian on Console just because the Dungeon was barely on screen.

I've actually been attacked by the Dungeon Guardian on Console just because the Dungeon was barely on screen.

Must be a PC-only thing, then, because lots of times I've had dungeon blocks on-screen, but no guardian and no dungeon music until I was actually touching a Dungeon background wall.

Now, while you guys are talking about dungeons covering half of the world...

0525C458AC2974AB912BF777465C28371954263B

One of mine did the opposite, LOL.

The hallways seemingly spawned ontop of each other to make one single giant room with a couple off-shoots.

Coolest dungeon evar. Note the little arrows I made with torches to show you how close together the biome chests are, lol. Two of them are right next to each other.

Please note that I said 'should' in my post.

Technically, we would never know until we see whats directly at the bottom of the tree. Coz if there were a few dungeon blocks there, the screen area or whatever you call it would count it as you being in the biome. But you cant be too sure until that dungeon has been explored. Maybe its like 1 straight line all the way? Lolol if that happens.

I thought about trying to take some dungeon bricks and walls and build a small area underground to see if DG would attack me in a new world. I built it underground in the center but it didn't work. Going to try to kill it.

Back
Top Bottom