Easy AFK farm for the lazy! (Like me)

vularic

Steampunker
Sometimes, when progressing through the game, you encounter a situation where you have to farm and farm and farm.. it gets extremely boring, and instead of having to spam down the click button and moving around all the time, you can make an AFK farm to get these items automatically. But you think, "I don't want to spend hours upon hours building a massive farm to just get 1 drop!"

Well here's a simple solution that takes around 10 minutes to create!
You will need:
A location to farm
Some form of trap
Blocks to build with
1/3/5 second timer
2 different colour wrenches
~100 wires
Actuators
Hammer
Switch
(OPTIONAL) Conveyor belts

1. Make the area around where you are setting up relatively flat.

2. Build a platform 10 blocks above the ground made of solid blocks, you can make the length whatever you want, but if you want to AFK for 100% of the loot, make it relatively small.

3. Build another platform 3 blocks away from the ground and then close it off like a house with no doors, but just a solid wall, this will be where you will be AFKing, the wall is to prevent monsters attacking.

4. Place actuators on one side of the wall and wire them up to a switch with one wrench colour so you can get in and out without much hassle.

4.5. Try to make space for chests and water candles if you wish, so you can get more loot.

5. For the platform you built 10 blocks off the ground, place your kind of trap just below it, unless it is a (super) dart trap or flame trap, for that, you put it in the middle of your trap, and geysers you put above the 3 block platform. When using dart and flame traps I would recommend using conveyor belts.

6. In a different wrench, wire the traps up to a 1 second timer but make sure you are able to toggle it in your farm.

7. Make a ramp on either side of the 3 block platform so enemies can rise into the trap, hook the same side you exit with actuators for exit/entry.

7.5. For people using conveyors, lead the conveyors up to the ramps and at which point the enemies should still rise

And you're pretty much done!

Someone might ask; why use this if there's that lava trap that does the same? It doesn't need any wiring and can be made early game and everything!

Pros and cons of this and the lava trap:

Lava trap:

Sometimes used for early game bosses
Extremely easy to set up
Efficient for some events
Cheap to gather resources
Can be made before king slime

Chance to kill yourself by falling in
Too high lava layer causes some loot to disappear
Inefficient for farming underworld enemies
Hard to get out if faced against a wall ignoring enemy

This trap:
Can farm underworld enemies
Has more damage
All loot can remain
Easily upgradable without hassle

Toggleable to prevent dying when going under the trap
Easy to set up
Can be used for some events
Can be made before WoF

Chance to kill yourself if traps are left on
Not as hard to get out if faced against a wall ignoring enemy
Leaving actuators on causes all enemies to get in and getting you trapped
Takes a slightly longer time so set up

P.S. There are probably tons of these guides already...
Also, I'm not amazing at pros and cons with things, so if you see anything I could change/add/remove let me know!
And if there's any general mistakes or confusion let me know!

I'm playing old gen console, so I don't have conveyor belts or geysers, so I just made a no geyser, no conveyor belt lava dart trap. Lol xD. Btw, I like your potatoe picture! It's so cool! Thanks for coming up with this!

I'm playing old gen console, so I don't have conveyor belts or geysers, so I just made a no geyser, no conveyor belt lava dart trap. Lol xD. Btw, I like your potatoe picture! It's so cool! Thanks for coming up with this!
You can use hoiks instead of conveyor belts, items can be hoiked too!

Back
Top Bottom