tModLoader Ersion - Starting

Contest: City NPC (More information in the thread). You will participate?

• Yes :)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No :(

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a lot of things to say about Ersion and me.
I don't want to cancel it, I was just very bussy with school (because I'm on vacations now, these last two weeks was with at least 1 test or project every day) and I'd got the advide from the Staff about the issue with the "Guardian of Evil". I asked them if they can wait 2 weeks and those weeks ended yesterday, July 16th. But with the amount of ideas and the little time that I had, that was impossible.
As I said, I'm on vacations now, I'll put more time in Ersion, because I love to do it, this is a great experiencie and I don't want to leave it.

But EliANs, you have your team. They should help you with the mod, that's why they are there!
Yeah, you're right. But not at all, this is my mod at the end. I'm not talking in a egoistic way, I'm talking about the responsability. They only wanted to help me, like you but a little bit more, putting something every day. But if I'm not here, they can't do anything, like you too. You can post your item, but if I don't add it, it becomes useless.

So, Ersion is back! Thanks to re-logic, forum Staff, tModLoader developers, Ersion developers and everyone that make this possible, and remember, this is just the beginning.

I have a lot of things to say about Ersion and me.
I don't want to cancel it, I was just very bussy with school (because I'm on vacations now, these last two weeks was with at least 1 test or project every day) and I'd got the advide from the Staff about the issue with the "Guardian of Evil". I asked them if they can wait 2 weeks and those weeks ended yesterday, July 16th. But with the amount of ideas and the little time that I had, that was impossible.
As I said, I'm on vacations now, I'll put more time in Ersion, because I love to do it, this is a great experiencie and I don't want to leave it.

But EliANs, you have your team. They should help you with the mod, that's why they are there!
Yeah, you're right. But not at all, this is my mod at the end. I'm not talking in a egoistic way, I'm talking about the responsability. They only wanted to help me, like you but a little bit more, putting something every day. But if I'm not here, they can't do anything, like you too. You can post your item, but if I don't add it, it becomes useless.

So, Ersion is back! Thanks to re-logic, forum Staff, tModLoader developers, Ersion developers and everyone that make this possible, and remember, this is just the beginning.
Hooray! EliANs, glad to see ya back :D can't wait for this page and the mod to get back into the swing of things! :D

@EliANs Thanks for the update. Don't worry. I think it's best if you enjoy the process both for you and for us cause that means we might have it for longer time and have better content. IDK how the team thing works but if they willing to help and you want to allow them to do it it might save you work if you delegate simple tasks that have a low chance of being ill executed to save you some time and leave the most intellectual design/complex coding/polishing for yourself and maybe allow them to do that once in a while while you have more time to allow to brainstorm or maybe implement a rewards system to motivate them to cooperate with mundane tasks that stipulates that if anyone helps with "x" you will add up one of they ideas to the game or call an item with their username or something like that.

@EliANs Thanks for the update. Don't worry. I think it's best if you enjoy the process both for you and for us cause that means we might have it for longer time and have better content. IDK how the team thing works but if they willing to help and you want to allow them to do it it might save you work if you delegate simple tasks that have a low chance of being ill executed to save you some time and leave the most intellectual design/complex coding/polishing for yourself and maybe allow them to do that once in a while while you have more time to allow to brainstorm or maybe implement a rewards system to motivate them to cooperate with mundane tasks that stipulates that if anyone helps with "x" you will add up one of they ideas to the game or call an item with their username or something like that.
You are right, I will consider it. I have to think on it and talk with the other developers. But thanks for you help, we apreciate it :D

Hey, Luminite Fragment isn't a recipe or anything, is that a bug?
It's supposed to craft a luminite ore with 3 of them... I'll check that, thanks!

Please, bring the older Monster soul system back. It was just awesome.

Or make a variant of the atual version with the old system. Please, I beg you.

You mean, the powers? We can probably do something with that
Those items that seem like stars, and we could use them as accessories. Please, bring them back. Maintain the new system of the books may be interesting too. Both perhaps, that would be cool.

Ok, but I'll reduce the amount because 15 is a lot I think...
Nononono! You should only reduce the positive buff (the %), but not much. Or increase the Monster Souls needed to increase the level (remember that they were already quite high). Try just to let a bit harder to level up the "orbs".

Edit: Add new altars (requiring more resources, and rare ones) could do the job in complicate the level up system.

So, what exactly happened with the guardian of evil? I saw it got removed, and I saw one of the posts by the creator said there was a problem with it, but I didn't really notice anything. What did I miss?

So, what exactly happened with the guardian of evil? I saw it got removed, and I saw one of the posts by the creator said there was a problem with it, but I didn't really notice anything. What did I miss?
In the Terrarian Community Rules & Culture thread, in the Piracy and modding section there is a rule that says:
Distributing any Console game files on Re-Logic forums is prohibited
and
Distributing any Mobile game files on Re-Logic forums is prohibited

We was noticed about that and we tought if we change the name, movements, drop, summoner, stats and sprite to be different but similar at the same time, that should be OK. But it was not, so I got noticed by a forum moderator to remove it from our mod.

I think there is a grammatical error somewhere, but I'm not sure...

Considering the fact that everything about the guardian of evil is different from ocram, but the sprite is a recolor of it, would this mean if the sprite looked absolutely nothing like ocram, it would be allowed?

@ColinAV516 I think as long as you don't use sounds/particles/sprites/names of the npc or it's drops you can do whatever aka you can recreate the same attack patterns size stats but just in case modify em a bit. For example make a recolor of the brain of Cthulhu with a crown on it and use the same sounds or custom ones and then modify the rest. Make custom drops inspired on the drops they okram has but do not use anything mentioned before and it should be ok. What they dont want is that you take something of them and modify it but you can create your own to look similar to them as long as you don't use it's name.

<Remaking Banner>
INTRODUCTION
Hello guys, I am EliANs and this is Ersion mod. Ersion was a project to test and improve my coding skills and english level but now It is not a simple personal project, It is a community. After 17000 downloads (with an average of 1200 downloads in each of the lastest 4 updates) and with the help of a lot of people, I learned a lot. I learned other cultures, very smart and awesome people and the most important thing, the power of the society. Awesome spriters, awesome coders, awesome idea donators and awesome helpers working together to make this possible. I have to think, you are awesome and with more people like you, someday the world will be a better place to live. I also have to say THANKS to all of you, you make me happy. I am happy when I get inbox or alerts from you trying to help and improve this little mod a community, and I am more happy, when you are happy. If you are new here welcome to the best community ever made, and it will be better with your help. And remember, say anything that you have to say. Good, bad, mod-related, life-related, personal questions, anything! I am happy to answer to you.

VIDEOS

UNOFFICIAL
REVIEWS
By BaumProductions

UNOFFICIAL SERIES
By HyperNovaGenesis
By GameRaiders101

DOWNLOADS
Available in ModBrowser
Works with tModLoader 0.8.2.1 and Terraria 1.3.1.1

Ersion v0.4.2.3 (RAR)

Versions from 0.4.2.2 to 0.1 has been removed by Staff due to ilegal content in there. That was fixed in the 0.4.2.3 (current version)
SPECIAL THANKS

@Eldrazi
For help with codes and names.
@gui10pow
For help us since the first day!
@MrTheEpicNinja
For your awesome sprites.
@Thecharacter
Incredible signature and awesome sprites + ideas

@ColinAV516 and @Syclod
For be part of our team for a long time :)

Our team!
@EliANs
@ikillzombies
@Darkninja
@DarkAwesome
@ZoRa
@Applevac

WANT TO HELP US?
Put this in your signature!
Code:
[CENTER][URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/ersion-starting.35318/'][IMG]http://s32.postimg.org/d6am6foqd/ersion_i_help_logo2.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
It will look like this:​

ChangeLog
version 0.4.2.3:
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.8.2.1
  • Removed Cursed Skull
  • Removed Guardian of Evil

version 0.4.2.2:
  • Compatibility with tModLoader 0.8.1.1
version 0.4.2.1:
  • Compatibility with tModLoader 0.8.1
  • Wooden blowpipe, damage from 4 to 3
  • Wooden darts, 1 wood now crafts 15 instead of 33
  • Removed unnessesary recipe for Jump Boost Potion and Sturdy Potion
  • Shadow trident is now the nebula trident
  • Nebula trident: New sprite, new craft(with nebula fragments), new projectile
  • Nebula trident now has a chance 1/10 to inflit confusion for 3 seconds
  • Nebula trident timeuse reduced from 14 to 18
  • New sprite for Void Slicer
  • Void slicer timeuse reduced from 11 to 20
  • Fixed animation for Monster and Life souls and Cursed Skull
  • Improved AI for SupportOrb
  • Added rarity to Necronomicons
  • Modified drop of the Luminite Fragments
  • Added "Tester mode" with 6 crafts
BUGS & ADDS
(no spoiler)
BUGS:
  • Support orb an necronomicon books show 5 min
  • Necronomicon has problem with another buffs
  • Thrower hardmode sets dont provide the set bonus

v0.5:
  • Delete unnecesary slime anvil
  • Remake some projectile AIs
  • New AI for Giant Slime
  • New AI for Golden Slime
  • New AI for Bionic Brain
  • New AI for Guardian of Evil
  • New endgame thrower weapons

Thank you very much!
so, what are the stats of the necronomicons? i cannot find any documentation of it

When you use a Necronomicon, buffs don't work and debuffs as well.
Haha. I just figured this out in my let's play after trying to find hardmode ores due to my spelunker not working. Then it suddenly started working, and thought "what?", as well as my entire screen going really dark due to the darkness debuff, realised that my Necronomicon buffs timer ran out, so got rid of the spelunker effect, then used another spelunker potion and it worked, removed the effect, put the Necronomicon buffs on, then the spelunker and it wasn't working.
It seems that if the Necronomicon buffs are on, then any potion buffs or debuffs from enemies that are then put on afterwards have no effect.

Back
Top Bottom