Blocks & Decoration Ethereal Blocks - Keep Away Those Ghosts

This is a BRILLIANT idea!

Why would it be so hard to get ectoplasm? people build farms for a reason, and one farm is built specifically for ectoplasm.

I say this should be implemented as to give all of us an easier time when going AFK in our houses.

I say to thee, take this Peace Badge of Support!
peace-sign-of-approval2-png.138222

By far one of the best and most useful suggestions so far!
I'd love to block off em evil wall passer spirits while have a cool brick.
Could you make the crafting a little more hard though becuz it is so OP it should have a harder crafting recipe.
I think Thanks!

I like this idea but I'm like theclownfish II don't make it so end game based

Everyone seems conflicted on whether it's too easy or too hard to get.

I think I'm going to keep it as-is for now.

Here’s a thought. Maybe include an actuator type that can be placed on blocks.

Well, I did include an ethereal paint, so you don't have to rip up old blocks. I personally feel like there should be some sort of visual indicator of what is and isn't ghost-deflecting.

I'll think on it.

I like both this suggestion and the alternate. If the Ethereal Block looks cool, hey, another building material to make interesting things with, which has a built in function! I'm always for more aesthetic block types. But if it doesn't look nice enough to encase an entire building in it (reminding me of the old "clowns destroy blocks but I don't want to encase my buildings in dungeon brick" conundrum), the actuator/wire type that adds the ghost-proof effect to existing blocks would be just as interesting! Kind of reminds me of my old "actuators that turn any block into a damage block".... I wonder if I should resurrect that... hmmm.....

Anyhoo, I support this!

Worms (Especially wyverns) need to be exempt. They're not ghosts anyways and its a little awkward when a wyvern flies fullspeed at your home just to bounce off a thin layer of blocks...

Worms (Especially wyverns) need to be exempt. They're not ghosts anyways and its a little awkward when a wyvern flies fullspeed at your home just to bounce off a thin layer of blocks...

But it would be so hilarious for a Wyvern to smack into your house as full speed and watch it crumple up like they do when they first spawn, then fly back off and try again.

Also, added "Ethereal Actuator"

I like the basis of the idea, but I'd rather have a water candle-type light that disables noclipping within a certain range than have specific blocks or block add-ons that are immune to ghosts.

I like the basis of the idea, but I'd rather have a water candle-type light that disables noclipping within a certain range than have specific blocks or block add-ons that are immune to ghosts.

Well, if we ever get a Calming (Lava?) Candle (Water Candle + Calming Potion), that + ectoplasm could make an anti-ghost force-field within the light range it gives off?

I like this idea, and I don't my using ectoplasm, because at the time you have 3 stacks in your chest it becomes trash (not really it sells 50 silver a piece muahahaha)

Seal%20of%20approval.png

Well, if we ever get a Calming (Lava?) Candle (Water Candle + Calming Potion), that + ectoplasm could make an anti-ghost force-field within the light range it gives off?
Hm... Lava Lamp, maybe? That's basically the direct opposite of a Water Candle in the world of lighting.

Hm... Lava Lamp, maybe? That's basically the direct opposite of a Water Candle in the world of lighting.

Lava Lamp sounds good as the calming candle, which is then made into a Spectral Lamp with the anti-ghost properties?

the actuators should block ghosts when on and block animals when off, so you can walk through when theyre on but ghosts cant

Can I request walls that block Chaos Elemental teleports as well? Because this would be a great thing for building bases in Underground Hallow if that were the case. (And then it'd definitely be worth the Ectoplasm.)

Even if that doesn't happen I'm still going to support, because this is a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom