tModLoader Even More Modifiers Relaunch Beta

The wizard sells them for now
[doublepost=1544738085,1544738055][/doublepost]
You should disable other mods temporarily and try again, some mods are likely tempering with my code to allow this to be possible.

Actually, it turns out there's a bug associated with the resolution scale here. No joke. Took me 2 days to narrow down what was causing it.
For me, nothing else matters. Mod order, mods loaded, only mod, 22+ mods, fullscreen, borderless, parallax, quality, etc. Nothing else matters. Any time I go above 720p, it suddenly decides it no longer wants to let me reforge armors.

Actually, it turns out there's a bug associated with the resolution scale here. No joke. Took me 2 days to narrow down what was causing it.
For me, nothing else matters. Mod order, mods loaded, only mod, 22+ mods, fullscreen, borderless, parallax, quality, etc. Nothing else matters. Any time I go above 720p, it suddenly decides it no longer wants to let me reforge armors.
Yeah that makes sense, the current hack is like a super hack. It literally detects a small frame where you click, I guess I never tested other resolutions :/

Yeah that makes sense, the current hack is like a super hack. It literally detects a small frame where you click, I guess I never tested other resolutions :/

lmao. If you could keep it in mind as a fix for the next update, that'd be awesome. It's an easy enough adjustment, just gotta reset resolution every time I want to reforge.

Nebula Armor costs 1 copper a piece to reforge for me. Just downloaded tModLoader and this mod if it's a personal problem.

Nebula Armor costs 1 copper a piece to reforge for me. Just downloaded tModLoader and this mod if it's a personal problem.
I will fix the costs in 1.0 release, to where items will have a decent cost if normally they would cost nothing.

lmao. If you could keep it in mind as a fix for the next update, that'd be awesome. It's an easy enough adjustment, just gotta reset resolution every time I want to reforge.
Yeah I will fix it. I can actually make an IL patch now, which will make it work for any resolution. It will be in the 1.0 release

Okay guys..... A little update
I'm happy to report I'm putting in some more work little by little each day
My plan is to release it as a 1.0 release in the near future. This would be the first 'non-wip' release.
As a reminder, I will put the current content plans below. These aren't 100% set in stone, but the final product will be super close to it.

- CHANGE Rarity change:
-- Previously, the rarity on an item was very non-telling. It basically did nothing. Now, rarity is heavily influencing the power of the item.
-- No longer determined by lines, but can be upgraded independently.
-- Higher rarity = higher power from rolls and more powerful lines available
-- Rarities: Common-Rare-Epic-Legendary-Transcendent

- NEW Tier changes regular cube:
-- Common Rare Epic Legendary
Up 30% 5% 3% n/a
Down N/A 3% 15% 30%
-- Every rank increases potency of lines by at least 10%
-- Transcendent is a special rarity that can only be achieved late game. It is very potent by adding a 5th line to the item.

- NEW Essences
-- Essences are a new type of item that can be used to roll a specific line on an item
-- Uniquely, essences can and will never increase or decrease the rarity of an item, only cubes can be used for potentially upgrading the rarity. (and essences do not need a cube to reroll lines)
-- Keeping the above in mind, essences are a powerful means late-game to not lose legendary rank and allow players to access rerolling early game before cubes come into play

- NEW Soul enchantments
-- Souls are a new type of item that can be applied on an item that adds additional bonuses on top of regular prefixes and modifier lines. They are much rarer than essences, and can usually only be obtained from bosses or events.
-- Bosses may drop a soul crystal or essence, which can be filled with a certain amount of gathered soulds from soul influenced mobs. Once filled, the soul's power can be embedded on an item making it much more powerful.
-- Note: souls are exclusive to weapons and cannot be applied to equips. They provide powerful combat bonuses.

- NEW Essence influenced mobs and Soul influenced mobs
-- A common complaint is how this mod makes the game too easy. To offset this, more powerful mobs can start spawning with great rewards

- Essence influenced mobs
-- An essence influenced mob is a regular mob that deals more damage and has more health than usual. It is more common than a soul influenced mob. The mob will drop essences that can be applied to items.

- Soul influenced mobs
-- Soul influenced mobs are much more powerful than any mob, they can be seen as potential mini-bosses. These mobs dwell with souls and are much more powerful than a regular mob or essence mob. When damaged and killed, the remaining lingering souls can be collected by nearby player's soul lanterns or soul crystals. The collected souls are used for powerful enchantments on weapons, and other mysterious things...

- Reworked UI
-- The UI got a total overhaul and now is uniquely themed

- WeaponOut support
-- Full WeaponOut support present, this includes effects showing on weapons held by using the WeaponOut mod
-- Special WeaponOut cross-mod content like custom effects and modifiers

- Full CheatSheet support
-- Cheat sheet is fully supported, including its extra cheated accessory slots.
-- Cheat sheet custom menu to manually apply modifiers to an item

- WingSlot support
-- Custom WingSlot works and applies bonuses

- ModConfig
-- The mod will be configurable using the in-game ModConfig feature. You can configure the mod's inner workings and rarity rates. For example, imagine a slider you can increase to drastically increase the power of all modifiers you get. Tune the mod to your likings!

- Reforge fixed for all resolutions
- Fix reforge price for items otherwise costing only 1 copper per reroll
- Reforge can only ever roll up to 2 lines total, and not upgrade rarity above Epic

- Stable API
-- Mod is completely open to additional content from other mods with a stable API. This means other mods can add modifiers, rarities and so forth they want. Some planned cross mod content are: Thorium mod, Shapeshifter mod and WeaponOut mod.

- New API features
-- Multipart effect entities: apply different effects on different layers, positions etc. at the same time
-- Custom rolling strategy: create your own rolling strategy and add it to the mod! You can make your own cubes that use this strategy. Example: custom cube that only ever rolls modifiers from your own mod!
-- # Slots taken by a modifier: A modifier can take up to # slots to be rolled, for example an item could have 2 modifiers both taking up 2 slots each, allowing the item only those 2 lines total instead of a total of 4 lines.
-- Custom Soul enchantments: Create your own soul enchantments for your own bosses! This includes the custom item to apply the enchantment, custom soul relic cost and custom enchantment behavior!
-- Custom essences: Create your own custom essences, and drop them whatever way you desire.

Trying to find detailed info on what some of these modifiers do. Like with Luck for example. I have 0 idea what that does and no where is it explained.

Trying to find detailed info on what some of these modifiers do. Like with Luck for example. I have 0 idea what that does and no where is it explained.
Luck does nothing now in the current release (I Think)
But basically, it will do the following in the 1.0 release I'm working on:
When you roll modifiers on an item, they have a certain number rolled on them (for example , think about 1-10% damage increase)
This number is obviously random. With more luck, you will generally roll higher of this stat, as well as have better success with upgrading tiers. What happens internally is that the stats is rolled # times, and it takes the best rolled stat.

The Discord link expired :c
Here is a new one : Join the Terraria Saloon Discord Server!

Luck does nothing now in the current release (I Think)
But basically, it will do the following in the 1.0 release I'm working on:
When you roll modifiers on an item, they have a certain number rolled on them (for example , think about 1-10% damage increase)
This number is obviously random. With more luck, you will generally roll higher of this stat, as well as have better success with upgrading tiers. What happens internally is that the stats is rolled # times, and it takes the best rolled stat.

Ahh I see. I thought it had something to do with drop rate boosting. But that will be helpful for late-game when it's available I suppose.

Hoping to see some Healer bonuses for Thorium since, yeah, pure damage stats help when I'm DPSing, but I can't get anything for healing output, which would be beautiful. Although, the reduction of mana cost helps with mana-based support items that are classified as weapons by the mod.

Two modifiers are more of a burden than a bonus. You get a legendary item and all the fun is drained away when one of the mods drain mana and the other causes curse. I would recommend getting rid of those mods they are extremely annoying.

Two modifiers are more of a burden than a bonus. You get a legendary item and all the fun is drained away when one of the mods drain mana and the other causes curse. I would recommend getting rid of those mods they are extremely annoying.
Guess you didn't see the plans then, it's moved to hardmode only. And other things, it's still being worked on.

Also, you're complaining about one of the only drawbacks to being ridiculously OP

Guess you didn't see the plans then, it's moved to hardmode only. And other things, it's still being worked on.

Also, you're complaining about one of the only drawbacks to being ridiculously OP

Agreed. I also find them to be annoying, but I understand why they are there. If you really want those sweet bonuses, you have to spend the money to get them. SO and I have blown through so much platinum to get the bonuses we wanted, but it was worth the effort. Was worse for me than for her since I was healer at the time of this and there are no current bonuses for Thorium Healer, but hey, it worked out for us regardless.

Honestly, I'm excited for the newest version. Seems it's going to have some really nice new features and UI.

How get poor cube(that thing to reroll modifiers)? I remember i bought it some time ago but what npc was that and how spawn it? (need to kill any boss or something?)

Make an account just to comment and say! WE WANT 1.0! Love the mod man. Thanks for the hard work and everything.

The mod has a nifty side effect of making mana useful for non-caster classes; if you're willing to do some minor mana management, the damage bonus for mana is actually pretty nice, and the modifier to redirect damage to mana really helps with survival.
An observation, though... since there is no "minion crit", it's a bit harder to get minion support on gear. With any other class, you can get +damage or +crit, but minion only gets +damage.
Lastly... could "minion" be changed to "summon"? A LOT of modifiers start with M. It can be easy to get mesmerized trying to roll preferred stats and miss something because it starts with the same letter, and is roughly the same character length, as several other modifiers.

This is a pretty fun mod, but if you could add a way to remove modifiers from a weapon completely it'd be greatly appreciated. Some mods have trouble with stackable weapons like JoostMod with the hatchets and chained-chainsaws.

I've noticed there seems to be some manner of oddity going on with Fargo's mods, specifically the weapons that you can right-click to make them "thrown damage", like vanilla boomerangs and yoyos. They keep their forged mod (like "Godly"), but their EMM mods change every time they're right-clicked.

Also, I'm still trying to work this out, but apparently some of the effects accumulate somehow... after I spent some time right-clicking a yoyo looking for good EMM mods, my PET, of all things, started having a plethora of on-hit effects... setting things on fire/frostburn/cursed fire/ichor/etc. I'm still trying to figure out how and when that becomes an issue, but, for one session, my little Thornwild pet (Spirit mod) was DESTROYING blood moons, goblin invations, King Slimes and EoC!

I've noticed there seems to be some manner of oddity going on with Fargo's mods, specifically the weapons that you can right-click to make them "thrown damage", like vanilla boomerangs and yoyos. They keep their forged mod (like "Godly"), but their EMM mods change every time they're right-clicked.
That's normal because they're different items. The modifiers get reset.
Also it won't matter since they'll be removed after 1.4 (no more throwing)

Back
Top Bottom