Game Mechanics Explosives and Hardmode Mining

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Bomb.png
It has always bothered me that Bombs and Dynamite don't do anything useful to HM ores. The fact explosives don't even scratch them has been a pet peeve of mine for some time now. I don't know about the rest of you, but I do feel like an explosion that can decimate every other tile on the planet should have some sort of effect on them.

Just letting them destroy them whenever would be stupid and progression-breaking, so that's not an option.

No.

What I propose is a compromise. What about if using a Bomb on an "indestructible" material didn't destroy it, but instead made it easier to mine as long as your had a powerful enough Pickaxe (Drill, whatever)? Say, if you blasted a Titanium deposit with some explosives before going in to mine it, it would take one hit to destroy one block instead of twenty.

Just a simple time saver.

Anyways, there should be a type of explosive that can mine up these blocks, so I'm also proposing a new, upgraded Bomb that is sold by the Demolitionist after a Mechanical boss has been defeated. This new Bomb would be able to destroy all tiles up to (but not including) Chlorophyte in a small radius, and also deal an extra large amount of damage.

Not sure what it would be called, though. Something along the lines of "Plastic Explosive" or "Super Bomb," or maybe just "C4."

*shrugs*

Anyways, I just want to be able to do something to HM ores by blowing them up. Feedback is appreciated.

I actually thought you were going to suggest something like a new hardmode craftable explosive that would blow them up but without increasing the range of the explosion
But its still a good idea nonetheless

I actually thought you were going to suggest something like a new hardmode craftable explosive that would blow them up but without increasing the range of the explosion
I did, just not craftable. :p
Anyways, there should be a type of explosive that can mine up these blocks, so I'm also proposing a new, upgraded Bomb that is sold by the Demolitionist after a Mechanical boss has been defeated. This new Bomb would be able to destroy all tiles up to (but not including) Chlorophyte in a small radius, and also deal an extra large amount of damage.

Great idea. There should also be Rocket(s) (V and VI?) that can blow up these ores and are crafted from Rocket 3/4s and Chlorophyte.

Edit: im not entirely sure whether 4s already do, cuz i like never use rockets

Does this function sort of like a boost in pickaxe speed? Great idea. Should make the new explosive have a small explosion radius. Dynamite is way too large.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've used any kind of explosive to help me mine anything other than just making a hellevator. When we have advanced pickaxes (or drills, as the case may be,) we just don't really need bombs anymore, as far as I can tell. They're fairly useful for mining a bunch of decorations all at once, like in the ruined houses in hell, or in the dungeon, but that's about it. Maybe it's just me.

It's why I use TNT a lot more than bombs. You get a larger radius. Then when you get the Rockets, II or IV, you're basically golden. Yet, still, I have a spectral Pickaxe. Why should I need any explosives at all? With the new smart cursor, I don't think there's any way I could mine faster in a horizontal motion.

So what could Hardmode bombs even look like, if the old bombs are hypothetically rendered useless?

I can count on one hand the number of times I've used any kind of explosive to help me mine anything other than just making a hellevator. When we have advanced pickaxes (or drills, as the case may be,) we just don't really need bombs anymore, as far as I can tell. They're fairly useful for mining a bunch of decorations all at once, like in the ruined houses in hell, or in the dungeon, but that's about it. Maybe it's just me.
I've always hated it when I'm using explosives to make a hellevator in Hardmode and run into HM ore. >_<

Yay, more bombs! I hope these will craftable as well? A piece of chlorophyte ore and dynamite would do the trick in my opinion.
No need for expensive ingredients for something you'll be blowing up by the hundreds.

Yay, more bombs! I hope these will craftable as well? A piece of chlorophyte ore and dynamite would do the trick in my opinion.
No need for expensive ingredients for something you'll be blowing up by the hundreds.
How about Hellstone + dynamite? i think its a bit weird to mix something like plant (and chclorophyte) with explosive

Back
Top Bottom