Favorite Element?

My favorite is probably Au, cuz dem blingblings and $w@g!
My favorite fictional is probably Tiberium because it managed to do what no other thing could do until now, almost destroy the world and i brought aliens.
Green_Tiberium_by_taiki676.jpg

But seriously. TUNGSTEN. WHO THE :red: MADE THAT NAME?
According to Wikipedia, the Swedish. It translates into "heavy stone", and was the name for the mineral now called scheelite

The other name for it, Wolfram, which derived from wolframite, which in turn comes from "Wolf soot" or "Wolf cream" in German.

According to Wikipedia, the Swedish. It translates into "heavy stone", and was the name for the mineral now called scheelite

The other name for it, Wolfram, which derived from wolframite, which in turn comes from "Wolf soot" or "Wolf cream" in German.
I know. It's stupid. (I'm from sweden) Think if a mineral was named Heavyrock. There's my problem.

Anything that is an alkali metal (IE Sodium, Potassium) because they explode when water is introduced or when you introduce them to water.

Orichalcum for a fictional metal. Though there is one other I like but it hasn't been used in any works of fiction... yet.

What I mean is I made one up and I have yet to delve into fleshing out it's properties in a story.

Eeeeeeh. Fictional? I'd say Hellstone... I mean, it's warm to the touch!

Real deal? Lapis Lazuli.

I actually do like cobalt, and I'm a little sad that it's not so great in Terraria. It just goes against the mainstream with that color, and it's part of a pretty exclusive group with iron and nickel (which are too common for me to consider interesting).

Also a shout-out to nitrogen, which people take for granted way too much. I imagine nitrogen as the one who does everything behind the scenes with no recognition whatsoever. Or the one who could kill us all with that high-energy triple bond, but doesn't feel like it. Needs a little motivation from chemists before it does anything interesting.

I actually do like cobalt, and I'm a little sad that it's not so great in Terraria. It just goes against the mainstream with that color, and it's part of a pretty exclusive group with iron and nickel (which are too common for me to consider interesting).
I do find it strange they chose Cobalt for Terraria. Cobalt is special, but they could have used different elements that would make more sense as a hardmode ore.

Also a shout-out to nitrogen, which people take for granted way too much. I imagine nitrogen as the one who does everything behind the scenes with no recognition whatsoever. Or the one who could kill us all with that high-energy triple bond, but doesn't feel like it. Needs a little motivation from chemists before it does anything interesting.

Isn't there a big portion of our atmosphere made of Nitrogen? This is next to Oxygen which I think is number 2 in that regard for prevalence in our atmosphere.

Isn't there a big portion of our atmosphere made of Nitrogen? This is next to Oxygen which I think is number 2 in that regard for prevalence in our atmosphere.
I'm pretty sure there's more Hydrogen than Oxygen.
Edit: I stand corrected. Now that I think about it, having more Hydrogen than Oxygen wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:
Yes: 78% of our atmosphere is nitrogen, and 21% oxygen. It is also essential for the growth of plants, which is why the invention of extracting ammonia from the atmosphere was pretty important, for fertilizer that feeds millions.

Back
Top Bottom