Favorite Element?

My favorite fictional element is unobtanium, the mythical element that's every engineer's worst nightmare.
Many of the well-known practical difficulties with engineering aircraft parts from this material may be avoided in part by substituting unobtainium-reinforced wishalloy. Ratios as low as 1:24 are expected to perform nearly as well as the pure elemental metal.

Of course, you can't get any at all. But if you could, it would go a lot further this way. Isn't nature wonderful?

I like osmium, since it's the densest element- a chunk of it the size of a fist is much, much heavier than a rock the same size.

Either one of the alkali metals (The ones that explode with water) or one of the Noble Gases( The ones that light up with electricity)
Fictional?
I dunno.

I have to say hydrogen. It's the proto-element that becomes all the other elements when a star collapses/explodes. The word also reminds me of the beast called the Hydra.

My favorite fictional substance would have to be melange from the Frank Herbert books. I suppose it's more of a molecular compound than an element, but whatever.

I love silver. I like more silver than gold. She used to wear jewelry only from silver. I think he has some kind of very positive energy.

Probably Americium, due to the fact that it is a highly radioactive element used extensively in fire detectors (they rely in it being radioactive, look up how it works for your self), or Cobalt, because of the deep blue color.

Back
Top Bottom