Favorite Element?

I like the following
th
titanium
th
and platinum

Element?

Hmmmm... I'll have to go with gallium. It's super fun to play with and just watching it melt in your hands is cool.

Either Hydrogen, because it is what made all of this possible.

Or Oxygen, because it's humorous. One atom, doesn't work. Two atoms, the stuff we breathe to live. Three, and it'll kill you.

If anyone doesn't know what I mean, I'm talking about Ozone.

Usually I would say the 69th or 42nd element, but my actual favorite is Germanium.
I just chose a random element one day.
It was the 32nd.
Deal with it.

i probably like boron, even though i have no idea what it is xD
i just like it because its easy to remember, like moron!
and my favorite fictional element would be hallowed stuff

I'm back in science class aren't I? :sigh:

Mine is Chromium (Because Chrome/Chromebooks are life)

Fictional would be Demonite (Pulsing with Dark energy, Muhahahaha)

Eeeeeeh. Fictional? I'd say Hellstone... I mean, it's warm to the touch!

Real deal? Lapis Lazuli.
Lapis is not on the periodic table
Oh yeah, my favorite would be carbon because,carbonnanotubesdiamondslifemorenanotubesmorediamondsmorelife
Fictional would be adamantium

I love hassium! Its cool looking and has many uses. :cool:
Aha, you're being facetious. :dryadwink: It doesn't occur naturally, or if it did, it's long since decayed. In the history of the world only about a hundred atoms of hassium have ever been synthesized. The half-life was under ten seconds, so of course it has no uses.

If a metastable isotope could be found, and sufficient amounts of it could be made to produce a solid sample, hassium would be a silvery metal. It's been claimed its chemical properties would be similar to osmium's, though those claims are disputed.

My favorite real-world chemical element (today) is phosphorus, because phosphate groups are so important in biochemical processes.

My favorite imaginary elements are coronium and newtonium, which Dmitri Mendeleev (inventor of the periodic table) claimed to have discovered. Their atomic weights are both less than Hydrogen's, which is of course impossible (hydrogen is the smallest possible atom, containing just one proton and one electron for an atomic weight of not quite 1.008).

The OP didn't ask for favorite imaginary compounds, but mine is thiotimoline. Isaac Asimov dreamed it up after working with a chemical that dissolved almost immediately in water. He imagined a chemical that was even more soluble, so much so that it dissolved even before being added to water.

[edited to add link] https://acsundergrad.wordpress.com/...science-fiction-isaac-asimovs-chemical-tales/

Last edited:
My favorite what? How boron. I'd normally be in my element, and pick something like Bismuth or Tungsten, but it seems all the good ones argon. I'll go with Thorium.

My favorite fictional element is unobtanium, the mythical element that's every engineer's worst nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom