Favorite pre hardmode weapons!

Melee: Enchanted Sword and Starfury. Nice design and nice secondary effect.
Ranged: Boomstick and Handgun, both are badass.
Magic: Water Bolt gives so much fun.

Demon Scythe is my favorite by far~ X3 As for two other favorites, I'm pretty in love with Water Bolt and Thorn Chakram as well. :3

Melee = Either Starfury or Fiery Greatsword (I usually only upgrade it to Night's Edge when I get a Broken Hero Sword)
Ranged = Phoenix Blaster
Magic = Aqua Scepter

1. Space Gun. It's the most powerful weapon in the game in terms of when you get it (according to me), and it's fun to use.
  2. Blue Moon. I just love its style and stuff.
  3. Blade of Grass. Again with the style.

Melee = Sunfury. this thing works better on wall o' flesh than most pre hm ranged weapons (for me)
Ranged = Phoenix blaster. Its just awesome
Magerc = Space gun. I always wanted to kill pillars of flesh while in a space costume.... now I can live my dreams!!!

The Demon Scythe. It's amazing for tactical combat, as if you can think fast enough, you can place multiple scythes aiming in precisely the direction of where an enemy's going to be, or corner and herd people in PvP as it's hard to tell which way scythes are going to go until they start moving, and by then you have to dodge several of them, and now you're trapped, and now she's got several aiming for your head...

It's also a great makeshift melee weapon, as one blade and a quick backmovement will cause an enemy to hit the blade, not only dealing knockback, but having the blade speed into the enemy a second time, causing further knockback.

It ALSO makes an amazing tool for lighting up caves you can't see in, or splashing against walls after building up a bit of speed in order to reveal ores deeper inside.

It can also be spammed fast enough for a massive area attack, and can pierce five enemies in a row, which is insanely good crowd control.

It also does 35 damage, which with some damage boosters can easily get all the way up to 45 or 50 (my current pre-hardmode character has one that does 52, with 38% critical! Note I'm using a couple mods, but they have minimal effect)

It continues to be amazing as an awesome weapon against the Destroyer, though by then I usually have the Magical Harp, which is a wee bit too slow for my tastes to use as a normal weapon.

It probably helps that my characters tend to be very agility/damage based, and tend to have multiple movement accessories.

Demon sycthe,it's knockback while it's around you made me use it all the time without an obsidian shield,because it acts like a shield for a few seconds.
Never changed my jungle armor until I got a ton of mythril...

Last edited:
Off the top of my head, the Space Gun is instantly my favorite. I feel like, when a meteorite lands in a world, I'm usually too weak to mine all the meteorite without dying a few times first. Especially if it landed in a terrible place like the ocean or corruption.
But once you managed to take that final big step in your earlygame, you suddenly have a huge advantage. Paired with meteor armor, the Space Gun has an all-round great speed and damage in normal mode. Sometimes I still use it to defeat the Wall of Flesh. It's truly my saving grace if I'm having a difficult start on a character.
My favorite melee weapon pre-hardmode is, quite obviously, the Night's Edge. It takes four difficult-to-obtain swords, but gosh is it worth it. It tears up everything that gets in your way, and a Night's Edge with a good prefix can still work well into hardmode.
I want to say that my favorite of the ranged weapons has to be the Star Cannon, as it still remains among the strongest weapons in the game. But in reality, I've only used it on two different characters, and for very brief periods because I hate wasting stars.
Maybe I'll replace it with the Demon Scythe despite that it's a magic weapon. It's just too useful for reasons already mentioned above.

Oh, did I forget to mention the Imp Staff?
I mean come on. It's a minion. Gosh I love minions.

Night's Edge. I lived with that thing. It's fast, does good damage, not too small, looks cool. It's basically the perfect Pre-Hardmode sword. Not to mention I'm melee.

Item_273.png
My baby :) Well...one of them anyway.

Melee: Night's Edge, Bee Keeper, Starfury
Ranged: Boomstick
Magic: Diamond Staff, Waterbolt Bee Gun

Also: Superior Spear, Zealous Spear, Thorn Chackram, Mythical Flamelash

If none of these existed, I wouldn't be the Terrarian I am now.

1. Purple Phaseblade, because of Star Wars
2. Night's Edge, because damage
3. Ice Boomerang, because its a pretty solid early-pre-hardmode weapon

Starfury
Nightblade
Minishark
I loved these pre-game items and I remember way back molten armor was the best you could get xD

I like the flame lash.How about you

i'd like to like it...if only the damn thing would actually spawn. i saw it in a chest only once. and i lost that save because i had to restore my pc and OF COURSE i forgot to make a back up of my saves

1. Night's Edge, it is the ultimate sword of normal mode that can only be obtained with a ritual sacrifice near a demon/crimson altar with 4 other awesome swords. It is always painful to part with the Blade of Grass which serves you well through normal mode, and I barely get to know the Fiery Greatsword before it gets sacrificed. But from their fusion, a very powerful and cool looking blade emerges.

2. Dark Lance, a great spear that has a much better reach than the other normal mode spears. It is great at keeping enemies away from you. Especially those pesky maneaters and their cousins.

3. Demon Scythe, it requires slaying countless demons and it is hard to use. But even a warrior with only a basic level of magic power can put it to great use in demolishing everything outside of their Sword's reach.

Back
Top Bottom