Weapons & Equip Filling the missing Tiers: An all-class expansion suggestion

Do you Like?

• Yes!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Yes, but tweaks are needed. (Please leave comment below)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes, but serious changes are needed. (Please leave comment below)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Ehh...

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clooless

Wall of Flesh
-----------INTRODUCTION
So, to begin with, I see all the Terraria armors and such in a list of tiers. Such tiers include: Pre-Hardmode Ores, Evil, Magma, Hardmode Ores, Hallowed Alternative, Clorophyte, Plantera, Lizarhd, Lunar. Other tiers such as certain events and bosses like Martian Madness and Duke Fishron are not included. Here is a chart on my tier ideas, skipping Pre-Hardmode Ores:

Tier|Melee|Magic|Ranger|Summoner|Thrower
Evil|Crimson/Shadow|Meteor|X|X|Ninja
Magma|Magma|Jungle|Necro|Bee|Fossil
Cobalt|Cobalt Helmet|Cobalt Hat|Cobalt Mask|X|X
Palladium|Pall. Mask|Pall. Headgear|Pall. Helmet|X|X
Mythril|Mythril Helmet|Mythril Hood|Mythril Hat|X|X
Orichalcum|Orich. Mask|Orich. Headgear|Orich. Helmet|X|X
Adamantite|Adam. Helmet|Adam. Headgear|Adam. Mask|X|X
Titanium|Titan. Mask|Titan. Headgear|Titan. Helmet|X|X
Hallowed|Hall. Mask|Hall. Headgear|Hall. Helmet|X|X
Hallowed Alternative|Frost|X|Frost|Spider|X
Chlorophyte|Chlor. Mask|Chlor. Headgear|Chlor. Helmet|X|X
Plantera|Turtle|Spectre|Shroomite|Spooky|X
Lizarhd|Beetle|X|X|Tiki|X
Lunar|Solar|Nebula|Vortex|Stardust|X
(Chart by Granger, cause I didn't know how)
Now, with the chart out of the way, there are some things to address: Magic and Ranger missing Hallowed Alternatives and Lizarhd Tier Armors, and the entire hardmode section of Thrower! In this suggestion I will be modifying Tiers and filling the missing Tiers.
I will not cover the missing pre-hardmode tiers or summoner helmets, there is already a pretty good suggestion for em by Zoomo already. Even though there have been many thrower suggestions, I will still be contributing my own, as they are unique sets, and I like them. :) Also, I am really bad at balancing, so don't expect too many values...
With the out of the way, let's get started.
-----------Missing Hallowed Alternatives
Yeah, I know, this is an obscure tier I made up... but I want equivalents!!!
So, without further ado,

MELEE CHANGES: FROST ARMOR
The Frost Armor currently gives ranger and melee buffs...
I only found that out recently, but it could just be melee?
It's got pretty nice defense for a range armor...

MAGIC ARMOR: RUNIC MAGE ROBES
The rune outfit is a pretty cool vanity...
What would be better, is if it was an armor!
Now, I thought, the Rune Caster is a rare enemy, and so is the Ice Golem,
so why not? Well, you can't necessarily get the whole set, like you normally do...
Plus, what happens to the pre-existing Rune set? Instead, what about this:
Runic Core, dropped by Rune Caster.
With three of those, and enough adamantite/titanium, you can craft three Rune-themed armor pieces that have
slightly less defense than the adamantite/titanium sets, but more magic capability!
It's set bonus would have magic runes appear and shoot random weak spells in random directions.
As a bonus, there can also be a spell tome that shoots colorful runic projectiles that confuse enemies!

RANGER ARMOR: ARGUS SET
This set is interesting. It has a whole lot of eyes... (as many as a sprite can fit, but still look good)
It would be a slightly worse armor set to adamantite/titanium, defense wise, but would incorporate:
A slightly weaker scope effect, plus a weaker Dangersense + Hunter effect!
It would be crafted with the Severed Eye + adamantite/titanium, with the Severed Eye being a rare drop
from Wandering Eyes! Nice...

SUMMONER CHANGES: SPIDER ARMOR
To fit the tiers, I want to change spider armor a bit...
Now, I have heard about strategies to get through some bits of hardmode by immediately getting
Spider Armor, but, I feel it would be nice to have Spider Armor
being crafted with adamantite/titanium,
but I do understand...

THROWER ARMOR: BLAST GEAR
Time to expand Thrower! I know that bombs count as throwing damage, so, have a set dedicated
to it! It would be all military-esque, and have a pretty cool bonus: A sheild that blocks projectiles and blast damage!
(When standing still?) It would increase basic throwing damage/speed, but have a greater boost in bomb-type items!
Introducing: Broken Blast Sheild! Dropped by Armored Skeletons Rarely, it would be used with adamantite/titanium, like usual.

-----------Missing Lizarhds
Yes, another crazy tier I made up, but hey.. it could be cool?
All of the armors in this tier will be slightly sacrificial, so watch out!
MAGIC ARMOR: SNAKE SCALE SET
Crafted with Spectre Armor and... the very scales of Flying Snakes!
It would have a snake-like appearance, and have a snake tail for legs!
This armor would be more defensive, and a little bit faster.
It's set bonus would be like this: The more damage you take and/or do, the more damage your
attacks do! (and it's no slight increase) You also maybe get faster! (All to a set max)

The sacrifice is magic healing capability/tracking orbs...
RANGER ARMOR: CHAMELEON ARMOR
It would be crafted with Shroomite Armor and Lizarhd Skin.
Anyway, this armor would have all range types be
increased in damage, but to a lesser percent. It would have little more defense,
and less ammo conservation. It would have a set bonus like this: Blend in.
When in front of a specific wall for around 5 seconds, you blend in to it.

You can freely move around at any speed, but enemies are more likely to attack.
The sacrifice is complete invisibility, some damage, and ammo conservation.

SUMMONER CHANGES: TIKI ARMOR
This armor is simply bought currently. Pretty weak, if you ask me.
I want a little more work put in... so, it be crafted with Spooky Armor and Tiki Wood!
Tiki Wood would be obtained from a new enemy: Tiki Spirits! They would act almost exactly like
dungeon spirits, and would spawn in the Lizarhd Temple. Tiki wood would look like standard wood,
with a color like palm wood, and have vines growing inside! (Maybe have faces too)

-----------EXTRA SUMMONER CHANGES
SPOOKY ARMOR
It would be crafted with chloropyte... yeah...
Or the medallion would? I dunno, it's irrelevant.

-----------MELEE CHANGES

THE DAYBREAK
This "spear" acts just like a javelin.
Despite it's tool-tip saying "Rend your foes asunder with a spear of light!"
Its not a spear, at least in Terraria mechanics.

My change is that it would instead stab like the other spears do, but be extremely fast and autostab.
It would fire a sunray in the direction you stabbed, and cause enemies to get the daybroken debuff.

And, in part of being a melee weapon, the sunray would do more damage closer to the spear.
HARDMODE KNIVES
These should just be converted to thrower, it wouldn't cause much of a problem.
Other than bionic armor, in which their autothrow would be disabled.
-----------THROWER EXPANSION
HARDMODE ORES
Now, there are already FIVE different helmets used for this stuff:
Helmet, Hat, Headgear, Mask and Hood.
So...
Cobalt Hood, +3 def,
Palladium Hood, +4 def,
Mythril Mask, +5 def,
Orichalcum Hood, +6 def,
Adamantite Hood, +8 def,
Titanium Hood, +9 def,
Hallowed Hood, +11 def,
Clorophyte Hood, +15 def.

PLANTERA TIER: BIONIC ARMOR
This suit has a terminator-like
appearance.
It has large arms. You know, for throwing?
It would be crafted with chlorophyte, and maybe cogs.
This armor would be able to SUPERCHARGE shots and throw them at the speed of light!
(Not really) It would allow you to hold the click button to charge your current throwing weapon and let go
to see it flying! The shot would do more damage, too. They could even have a cool light trail!

LIZARHD TIER: GOLEM ARMOR
This armor set would be a bulkier, but slower bionic armor.
It would be crafted with bionic armor, though, along with lizarhd bricks and maybe some power cells.
The armor would be slower, and throw slower, but would always throw a fully charged shot that
would have a cool impact with an area effect. The arms would be super bulky too. Though sounding
powerful, it won't have as much defense as melee. (But maybe somewhere close?)

-----------FILLING THE MISSING TIER
Ayy, celestial creatures are invading! You, a Thrower, see the pillars representing each class...
Solar, with their head-on melee attacks.
Nebula, with their (annoying as heck) mind lasers.
Vortex, with their shotgun blasts and stingers.
Stardust, with their multiple minions exploding, splitting and blasting around.
And... nothing else!
Thrower, a brand new class... on the same update "each" class gets it own Pillar and end-game set.
But I have an idea. But there is a big burning question: How will it fit?

Solution 1:
Just put it in. The wiki says it multiplies the world width by 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 & 0.8 .
Instead, have it like this: 0.16, 0.33, 0.49, 0.66, 0.82.
Example of how it would look:
Pillarmap1.png

This does present a problem, however, as the home area is invaded. This is not very good. So, alternatively,

Solution 2:
Cram em' on the other side. Take the middle pillar, and smush it in between the two on the left. It doesn't upset the part of spawning about "The pillar will be outside the player's sight" because it's on the jungle side, away from the dungeon. Example:
Pillarmap2.png

But another problem arises. What about small worlds? Wouldn't the pillar boundaries conflict? Well, I would be able to know for sure if I wasn't so lazy. But here is:

Solution 3:
Alternate. Have four pillars still spawn, but their orders will be randomized, so you could have the new one in place of one of the old ones, but still have a chance to have all old ones.
This seems to be the best solution so far.

The Pillar
Without further ado,
WIN_20160511_15_39_31_Pro.jpg

(It's hard to read, I know)(And it sort of sucks, I know)
THE PLANETOID PILLAR.
What is a planetoid? "another term for asteroid." Yeah. Anyway, this Pillar has a Brown-Copper like "power" color, some kind of body color that goes well with that, and a "gum" color that... I don't know, I'm not much of a sprite artist. I actually tried spriting this thing, if anyone wants to pick up where I left of, the file is attached. Or if anyone wants a base, that's attached too... But regardless, 'the force of the cosmos' lies within this Pillar. It has it's own attack, in which a small asteroid floats out of it's "mouth" and explodes into explosive shrapnel. Alright, now the enemies, a crucial part of every invasion.
STALKER- our basic bipedal humanoid. This guy watches your every move until you get in range, from their he would throw knives like his life depended on it. (oh wait) He would have an altered Hoplite AI.
SHREDDER- The basic "easy" flying enemy. Would work very similar to Corites, but instead of just hitting you, would sort of latch on and shred your life out with it's shuriken-shape body.
CRUSHER- A large, quadrupedal "animal" that throws huge boulders/planetoids at you. Exciting!
EARTHSLICE- Could be a worm that slices earth, or earth's lice. Alternatively, it could be called Earthworm. Either way, this is a "Hard" flying enemy that will fly at you, dig, and then fly at you again. Whenever it comes out from the ground, it breaks out with shrapnel flying in all kinds of directions. It also spits rocks. Yay!

THE PLANETOID GEAR.
Tremore- A Javelin that acts exactly like the old daybreak, minus Daybroken. (Name is combination of "Tremor" and "Ore" somebody think of a better name)
Planetoid Boulder- A boulder that is extremely powerful, but only one is allowed to be onscreen at a time. The throw speed is slow, but velocity extremely high. Will shatter into multiple shrapnel upon impact. Shrapnel has high velocity. (It's like a grenade, in a way)

Planetoid Armor- The endgame thrower armor. Has high bonuses and a defense somewhere between ranger and magic.
Set Bonus: Impact Revolution Buff. Tooltip: "Once the planetoid impacts, the planetary revolution goes out of control!" This buff is a little complex. When you have a high enough DPS, say 450 or so, you get stage one of this buff, throw speed is increased drastically. When DPS peaks 600, it upgrades to both throw speed and movement, still a very heavy increase. Finally, when it peaks about 1000, throw speed, movement speed, velocity and range is brought to a huge high. SWOOSH!

MOON LORD DROPS
Each class except melee has 2 drops from this guy. Here are my ideas for the thrower ones.
Moon Glove- This would throw any basic throwing item with 10x damage and luminite-arrow effect. "Basic" as in all pre-hardmode shurikens, knifes and probably spiky balls.
Celestial Bottle- A bottle full of celestial energy. A high-damage hit with lingering high-DPS celestial energy left behind that provides random debuffs to enemies. (It's pretty much a upgraded Molotov Cocktail)
-----------CONCLUSION
Thanks for reading this far!
I would like to say that
ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME! If anything seems unsatisfying, please suggest a change! (Like if a set bonus sucked)

Attachments

• Planetoid Pillar.png
    Planetoid Pillar.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Pillar Splicing.png
    Pillar Splicing.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Overall, this looks extremely useful as a reference. I'll keep an eye on it.

My only concern is that some classes aren't deep enough for more opportunities - like the Summoner.

My only concern is that some classes aren't deep enough for more opportunities - like the Summoner.
Well, I didn't necessarily suggest anything new for that class, I just suggested a little changes.
what about a Christmas throwing set
or a gas throwing set
I'm not sure what "Gas" would imply...
And I'm not sure where to put a Christmas throwing set...
I already filled up most the spots.
But I do see where you could be coming from, considering I counted Spooky as a major armor.

Your chart up there is messy as :red:...
Use this instead:

Tier | Melee | Magic | Ranger | Summoner | Thrower
Hallowed Alternative|Frost|X|X|Spider|X

Code:
[table]
[/table]

OMG thank you so very much, I don't do well with code like that. My table took so long to make too.

i think that the reason thrower shouldnt be advanced is because its not exactly a thing to expand on really, if anything its more of a novelty weapon for prehardmode. imagine how much more money an npc that sells lunar daggers would make over the goblin tinkerer and reforging.

i think that the reason thrower shouldnt be advanced is because its not exactly a thing to expand on really, if anything its more of a novelty weapon for prehardmode. imagine how much more money an npc that sells lunar daggers would make over the goblin tinkerer and reforging.
Arms dealer and bullets?

Make a basic throwing dagger and upgrade it w various materials...?

-----------INTRODUCTION
So, to begin with, I see all the Terraria armors and such in a list of tiers. Such tiers include: Pre-Hardmode Ores, Evil, Magma, Hardmode Ores, Hallowed Alternative, Clorophyte, Plantera, Lizarhd, Lunar. Other tiers such as certain events and bosses like Martian Madness and Duke Fishron are not included. Here is a chart on my tier ideas, skipping Pre-Hardmode Ores:

(Chart by Granger, cause I didn't know how)
Now, with the chart out of the way, there are some things to address: Magic and Ranger missing Hallowed Alternatives and Lizarhd Tier Armors, and the entire hardmode section of Thrower! In this suggestion I will be modifying Tiers and filling the missing Tiers.
I will not cover the missing pre-hardmode tiers or summoner helmets, there is already a pretty good suggestion for em by Zoomo already. Even though there have been many thrower suggestions, I will still be contributing my own, as they are unique sets, and I like them. :) Also, I am really bad at balancing, so don't expect too many values...
With the out of the way, let's get started.
-----------Missing Hallowed Alternatives
Yeah, I know, this is an obscure tier I made up... but I want equivalents!!!
So, without further ado,

MELEE CHANGES: FROST ARMOR
The Frost Armor currently gives ranger and melee buffs...
I only found that out recently, but it could just be melee?
It's got pretty nice defense for a range armor...

MAGIC ARMOR: RUNIC MAGE ROBES
The rune outfit is a pretty cool vanity...
What would be better, is if it was an armor!
Now, I thought, the Rune Caster is a rare enemy, and so is the Ice Golem,
so why not? Well, you can't necessarily get the whole set, like you normally do...
Plus, what happens to the pre-existing Rune set? Instead, what about this:
Runic Core, dropped by Rune Caster.
With three of those, and enough adamantite/titanium, you can craft three Rune-themed armor pieces that have
slightly less defense than the adamantite/titanium sets, but more magic capability!
It's set bonus would have magic runes appear and shoot random weak spells in random directions.
As a bonus, there can also be a spell tome that shoots colorful runic projectiles that confuse enemies!

RANGER ARMOR: ARGUS SET
This set is interesting. It has a whole lot of eyes... (as many as a sprite can fit, but still look good)
It would be a slightly worse armor set to adamantite/titanium, defense wise, but would incorporate:
A slightly weaker scope effect, plus a weaker Dangersense + Hunter effect!
It would be crafted with the Severed Eye + adamantite/titanium, with the Severed Eye being a rare drop
from Wandering Eyes! Nice...

SUMMONER CHANGES: SPIDER ARMOR
To fit the tiers, I want to change spider armor a bit...
Now, I have heard about strategies to get through some bits of hardmode by immediately getting
Spider Armor, but, I feel it would be nice to have Spider Armor
being crafted with adamantite/titanium,
but I do understand...

THROWER ARMOR: BLAST GEAR
Time to expand Thrower! I know that bombs count as throwing damage, so, have a set dedicated
to it! It would be all military-esque, and have a pretty cool bonus: A sheild that blocks projectiles and blast damage!
(When standing still?) It would increase basic throwing damage/speed, but have a greater boost in bomb-type items!
Introducing: Broken Blast Sheild! Dropped by Armored Skeletons Rarely, it would be used with adamantite/titanium, like usual.

-----------Missing Lizarhds
Yes, another crazy tier I made up, but hey.. it could be cool?
All of the armors in this tier will be slightly sacrificial, so watch out!
MAGIC ARMOR: SNAKE SCALE SET
Crafted with Spectre Armor and... the very scales of Flying Snakes!
It would have a snake-like appearance, and have a snake tail for legs!
This armor would be more defensive, and a little bit faster.
It's set bonus would be like this: The more damage you take and/or do, the more damage your
attacks do! (and it's no slight increase) You also maybe get faster! (All to a set max)

The sacrifice is magic healing capability/tracking orbs...
RANGER ARMOR: CHAMELEON ARMOR
Sounds sweet, right? It would be crafted with Shroomite Armor and Lizarhd Skin.
Anyway, this armor would have all range types be
increased in damage, but to a lesser percent. It would have little more defense,
and less ammo conservation. It would have a set bonus like this: Blend in.
When in front of a specific wall for around 5 seconds, you blend in to it.

You can freely move around at any speed, but enemies are more likely to attack.
The sacrifice is complete invisibility, some damage, and ammo conservation.

SUMMONER CHANGES: TIKI ARMOR
This armor is simply bought currently. Pretty weak, if you ask me.
I want a little more work put in... so, it be crafted with Spooky Armor and Tiki Wood!
Tiki Wood would be obtained from a new enemy: Tiki Spirits! They would act almost exactly like
dungeon spirits, and would spawn in the Lizarhd Temple. Tiki wood would look like standard wood,
with a color like palm wood, and have vines growing inside! (Maybe have faces too)

-----------EXTRA SUMMONER CHANGES
SPOOKY ARMOR
It would be crafted with chloropyte... yeah...
Or the medallion would? I dunno, it's irrelevant.

-----------MELEE CHANGES

THE DAYBREAK
This "spear" acts just like a javelin.
Despite it's tool-tip saying "Rend your foes asunder with a spear of light!"
Its not a spear, at least in Terraria mechanics.

My change is that it would instead stab like the other spears do, but be extremely fast and autostab.
It would fire a sunray in the direction you stabbed, and cause enemies to get the daybroken debuff.

And, in part of being a melee weapon, the sunray would do more damage closer to the spear.
HARDMODE KNIVES
These should just be converted to thrower, it wouldn't cause much of a problem.
Other than bionic armor, in which their autothrow would be disabled.
-----------THROWER EXPANSION
HARMODE ORES
Now, there are already FIVE different helmets used for this stuff:
Helmet, Hat, Headgear, Mask and Hood.
So...
Cobalt Hood, +3 def,
Palladium Hood, +4 def,
Mythril Mask, +5 def,
Orichalcum Hood, +6 def,
Adamantite Hood, +8 def,
Titanium Hood, +9 def,
Hallowed Hood, +11 def,
Clorophyte Hood, +15 def.

PLANTERA TIER: BIONIC ARMOR
This suit has a terminator-like apperance.
It has large arms. You know, for throwing?
It would be crafted with chlorophyte, and maybe cogs.
This armor would be able to SUPERCHARGE shots and throw them at the speed of light!
(Not really) It would allow you to hold the click button to charge your current throwing weapon and let go
to see it flying! The shot would do more damage, too. They could even have a cool light trail!

LIZARHD TIER: GOLEM ARMOR
This armor set would be a bulkier, but slower bionic armor.
It would be crafted with bionic armor, though, along with lizarhd bricks and maybe some power cells.
The armor would be slower, and throw slower, but would always throw a fully charged shot that
would have a cool impact with an area effect. The arms would be super bulky too. Though sounding
powerful, it won't have as much defense as melee. (But maybe somewhere close?)

-----------CONCLUSION
Thanks for reading this far!
There will be more coming in the future with one more hole to fill... :)
(and a specific weapon to change)

But I would like to say that
ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME! If anything seems unsatisfying, please suggest a change! (Like if a set bonus sucked)
Oooh. I like

I just realized, it's hard to change things when someone selects "Yes, but so & so", because I don't get feedback on what's wrong... :confused:
Lemme change that...

Back
Top Bottom