Weapons & Equip Fixing the Keybrand in the most esoteric way possible

KIIINGDOM HEEEARTS!

• I know now, without a doubt, that this suggestion is great!

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Eh.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Is this the answer? It can't be!

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
@Cerebrum123, generally speaking its considered in very poor taste and against the rules to advertise your suggestion threads in someone elses unless invited first by the topic creator.

Please do not do this in the future.

@Cerebrum123, generally speaking its considered in very poor taste and against the rules to advertise your suggestion threads in someone elses unless invited first by the topic creator.

Please do not do this in the future.

Oh, sorry. He suggested I go make my own keybrand suggestion earlier when I commented here. I thought he might be interested in the result.

Should there be a next time for something like this I'll try to remember to do so through a PM or something. I don't make suggestions often so my short term memory shouldn't be a problem here.

I appreciate the Oathkeeper and Oblivion references put into them, maybe a boomerang function would work if it was a secondary click? Like how the portal gun can fire two individual portals, you could have one click slash and the other throw.

I appreciate the Oathkeeper and Oblivion references put into them, maybe a boomerang function would work if it was a secondary click? Like how the portal gun can fire two individual portals, you could have one click slash and the other throw.

This would be a good way to dual wield like Roxas. :D

I think that having new Keyblades that look like ones from Kingdom Hearts is a law suit waiting to happen. I totally agree that the brand should get some sort of key blade-esque upgrade system, just one less copyright infringing. So heres a counter proposal:

The keybrand is found at the same time you are first able to unlock the biome chests. Why not be able to craft specialized versions of it with a keybrand and an biome key? Each version being explicitly related to the biomes in a way that is A- not going to get anyone sued and B- gives it a reason to exist where and when it does!

I think that having new Keyblades that look like ones from Kingdom Hearts is a law suit waiting to happen.
You could say the exact same thing about the existing Keybrand. Anyway, that's not much of my concern. Were this to be added, Re-Logic would be sure not to tread on any copywritten toes.

Why not be able to craft specialized versions of it with a keybrand and an biome key?
Someone else has actually already made that suggestion. I don't have the link on me, but someone posted it early on in the thread.

You could say the exact same thing about the existing Keybrand. Anyway, that's not much of my concern. Were this to be added, Re-Logic would be sure not to tread on any copywritten toes.

Someone else has actually already made that suggestion. I don't have the link on me, but someone posted it early on in the thread.

Copyright issues have got items altered or removed in the past, and as far as I can tell the reason with the keybrand is in the game at all is because Disney hasn't asked to to be removed. Also, Terraria may have a lot of references but when it comes to in game effects, its all kept thematically a part of the game. Outright copying stuff feels inappropriate.

Not surprised that another person made the suggestion.

Copyright issues have got items altered or removed in the past, and as far as I can tell the reason with the keybrand is in the game at all is because Disney hasn't asked to to be removed.
First off, the people who own the copyright for Kingdom Hearts are Square Enix. But anyway, you haven't actually refuted my point. This is no different from the Keybrand. If it hasn't been removed thus far, I see no reason for it to do so at any point in the future.

Also, Terraria may have a lot of references but when it comes to in game effects, its all kept thematically a part of the game. Outright copying stuff feels inappropriate.
I don't even know what you mean by that. What effects aren't a thematic part of the game? The Raveblade? That's a very unique effect, but I don't see how it breaks theming.

First off, the people who own the copyright for Kingdom Hearts are Square Enix. But anyway, you haven't actually refuted my point. This is no different from the Keybrand. If it hasn't been removed thus far, I see no reason for it to do so at any point in the future.

I don't even know what you mean by that. What effects aren't a thematic part of the game? The Raveblade? That's a very unique effect, but I don't see how it breaks theming.

I certainly can't argue as if I know the internal knowledge and motivations of Square Enix. I disagree with you, and think that more KH stuff would bring attention, that's all.

I have no problem with the Raveblade: its the perfect mix of interesting and new game mechanic and reference. My second point has more to do with my personal opinion on what sort of stuff is appropriate to put in a suggestion thread. If there is going to be more keybrand stuff, then I think it should work really hard to integrate into the overall Terraria feel as well as fill niches. I would much rather have a keybrand that is biome themed anyway, personally.

The raveblade is exactly the sort of thing I think would be perfect for this! To me this whole thing should achieve a larger goal then more reference. My suggestion is basically to let the brand act as essentially another biome chest weapon. Maybe the corruption brand could provide some sort of healing mechanic so that players don't need to make new worlds to get the vampire knives.

I have no problem with the Raveblade: its the perfect mix of interesting and new game mechanic and reference. My second point has more to do with my personal opinion on what sort of stuff is appropriate to put in a suggestion thread. If there is going to be more keybrand stuff, then I think it should work really hard to integrate into the overall Terraria feel as well as fill niches. I would much rather have a keybrand that is biome themed anyway, personally.
This suggestion was made when the Keybrand was a pile of utter garbage; it was buffed for 1.3. My original goal was to make the Keybrand usable in a unique way, which I believe that this suggestion accomplished. With the newly buffed Keybrand existing, I'm probably going to change the Arcana, because that's a redundant item, but I still think that this suggestion was well-made an appropriate at its time of creation.

Anyway, while I understand how you feel about this, the "Terraria feel" is very nebulous and subjective - arbitrary, even. It doesn't remain consistent, jumping straight from mechanical menaces to divine metals, and then to grassy stones imbued with the power of plant life.

This suggestion was made when the Keybrand was a pile of utter garbage; it was buffed for 1.3. My original goal was to make the Keybrand usable in a unique way, which I believe that this suggestion accomplished. With the newly buffed Keybrand existing, I'm probably going to change the Arcana, because that's a redundant item, but I still think that this suggestion was well-made an appropriate at its time of creation.

Anyway, while I understand how you feel about this, the "Terraria feel" is very nebulous and subjective - arbitrary, even. It doesn't remain consistent, jumping straight from mechanical menaces to divine metals, and then to grassy stones imbued with the power of plant life.

Having one of the brands be a super strong sword with no projectile or other particularly special effect would be great! I also want to note that I don't think I'm going to be changing your mind, I just wanted to share my opinion. I just think that as long as you have sprites that look like stuff right out of KH there is no chance of it actually being implemented. I also don't want to keep arguing about it because you seem to have cool ideas, and I have cool ideas.

Why do you think you should use the broken hero sword?

Kingdom Heart is a great game. So many fond memories!

I hugely wish there weren't copyright concerns or else I'd wholeheartedly support crafting keychains that change the Keybrand based on one in you inventory. The upper most left first (like with ammo) is considered first and the Keybrand could swap to the next one over when you right-click. It's like having several weapons in one hotkey slot, plus it'd make the weapon feel way more unique/interesting.

I'm aware game mechanics can be shared between games without issue but when you go around calling something a "key" in this case and add alternative version swapping it gets a little grey to me.

Back
Top Bottom