Weapons & Equip Fixing the Keybrand in the most esoteric way possible

KIIINGDOM HEEEARTS!

• I know now, without a doubt, that this suggestion is great!

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Eh.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Is this the answer? It can't be!

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

Scironex

The Destroyer
"This is a bad idea."
It's fine, trust me.
"I dunno, I don't think people will get it."
I guarantee that at least one person will understand.
"I'm not so sure."
Okay, Strawman, I'm the one making the suggestion here. So shut up.

So we all know that the Keybrand is absolute garbage, even if it looks pretty cool. A lot of people have suggested fixes for this, from just buffing the stats, to giving it more key-like abilities.

On the other hand, no one seems to have looked at the other abilities from its reference source.

My new proposal is to use the Keybrand as a base item, and add materials to turn it from a useless item into an interesting new one.

All recipes are at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

Keybrand Striker

KeybrandStriker.png

Damage: 134
Use time: 22
Velocity: 7
Knockback: 8
Recipe:
Keybrand.png
(1)
Broken_Hero_Sword.png
(1)
Light_Shard.png
(2)
Soul_of_Light.png
(25)

The Striker behaves like a boomerang w/ infinite piercing, but rather than return through the air, it vanishes and is ready to throw once more. Note that a velocity of 7 is a tad more that half that of the Light Discs.

Keybrand Raveblade

Damage: 91
Use time: 15
Velocity: 13
Knockback: 6
Recipe:
Keybrand.png
(1)
Broken_Hero_Sword.png
(1)
Dark_Shard.png
(1)
Light_Shard.png
(1)
Soul_of_Light.png
(12)
Soul_of_Night.png
(12)

The Raveblade causes the player to dash in the direction the cursor is pointing in. While dashing, the player gains Super Armor knockback immunity. If you hit a slope, you will dash along it instead of hitting your head/arm/arse on it.

Keybrand Arcana

KeybrandArcana.png

Damage: 60
Use time: 10
Knockback: 5
Recipe:
Keybrand.png
(1)
Broken_Hero_Sword.png
(1)
Dark_Shard.png
(2)
Soul_of_Night.png
(25)

It's just a really powerful sword. Honest.

My proposal is to turn the Keybrand into a specialized boomerang.

"But Paladin's-!"

*Throws Keybrand at Strawman*

Specialized boomerang. I suggest that the Keybrand will do roughly equal damage to the Paladin's hammer and similarly pierce infinitely. Additionally, the Keybrand will travel about as far as a Light Disc, and half as quickly. Rather than returning through the air, however, Keybrand will instead vanish then be ready to throw again.

Comments and criticism, as always, are appreciated.

Last edited:
Shout out to Strike Raid... no but seriously. It should stay a sword and not a boomerang. Maybe make it like an upgraded version of Masamune. Like really fast and auto-swings.

Shout out to Strike Raid... no but seriously. It should stay a sword and not become a boomerang. Maybe make it like an upgraded version of Masamune. Like really fast and auto-swings.
You mean Muramasa. Also, you mean the Cutlass. The Cutlass is the Hardmode Muramasa. Or, for Post-Plantera, the Terra Blade. The other option would be to make it a projectile sword, but we have so many of those already.

You mean Muramasa. Also, you mean the Cutlass. The Cutlass is the Hardmode Muramasa. Or, for Post-Plantera, the Terra Blade. The other option would be to make it a projectile sword, but we have so many of those already.
Technically post mech. Its a RNG thing.

Anyways, support. Kingdom Hearts was fun.

Strike Raid!
you should make it so that enemys can drop a sora outfit every time you kill them
Well,it makes they keybrand more useful,and more unique
Support.

im sorry, but swords are already kind of underrepresented in later hardmode, and i frequently use the keybrand on the many occasions that i have horrible luck with solar eclipses.

what if it could (ironically) lock non-boss enemies in place?
Probably not, as Strike Raid only gained that ability in Dream Drop Distance. Also, that's not ironic, as keys are used for locking as often as they are for unlocking.
im sorry, but swords are already kind of underrepresented in later hardmode, and i frequently use the keybrand on the many occasions that i have horrible luck with solar eclipses.
First off, Swords are far from under represented in Hardmode. There are at least 3 swords for every hardmode tier, and most of them have interesting effects. Second, why on earth would you do that? By the time you have access to Keybrand, you also have access to the entire arsenal of Chlorophyte, which includes 2 swords, both of which have projectiles, and one of which that has greater DPS than the Keybrand even without its projectile. In fact, even the Cutlass outperforms Keybrand, and the Cutlass is a pre-mech sword.

The best part of this is I understand why the Keybrand would just disappear. And I haven't even technically played Kingdom Hearts.

Anyway, yeah, I approve of this idea. Currently the Keybrand's kinda worthless, so it'd be nice to fix that in a silly way.

just wanna say but Terra blade isn't post-plantera

i like it, but maybe it should return normally, be as fast as a paladin's hammer, pierce infinitely, but do 70-80 damage in my opinion. because if it returns, it would reference "strike raid", one of sora's attacks. since you dont get keybrands from incredibly overpowered enemies such as the pally, it should be an alternative in my opinion.

i like it, but maybe it should return normally, be as fast as a paladin's hammer, pierce infinitely, but do 70-80 damage in my opinion. because if it returns, it would reference "strike raid", one of sora's attacks. since you dont get keybrands from incredibly overpowered enemies such as the pally, it should be an alternative in my opinion.
The only times where strike raid returns normally are in BBS and in Chain of Memories. In all other versions where it exists, it vanishes and reappears in the hand. As it stands, it does reference Strike Raid.

The only times where strike raid returns normally are in BBS and in Chain of Memories. In all other versions where it exists, it vanishes and reappears in the hand. As it stands, it does reference Strike Raid.
perhaps it could be as fast as the hammer, but do less damage? it could be a way to get the second best thing if you dont want to go up against an incredibly rare but overpowered enemy. pally's hammer is approximately a 3% drop from a paladin, and the keybrand is 0.33% from hell, blue, and rusty bones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom