Builds ~FLOR3NCE2456's BUILDS COLLECTION~

What Do You Think?

• Total voters
Looks like a shanty to me. :dryadwink:
Shipwrecked! They build that house out of ship parts and whatever they got their hands on on the island.
Am I close?

You are close! :dryadhappy:

I wanted the houses to look like they were crude, simple, and made out of whatever random materials they could get their hands on.
Seeing as this is part of the floating island, it sort of makes sense, and maybe they are shipwrecked. At the same time, I see them as nomads or vagrants who decided the peace of the floating island was better than the corruption on the land below.
Possibly they were evacuated to the island and had little to no time to bring any actual building materials with them, and so just scratched the houses together using all the random garbage the island had accumulated from eons of floating around, or whatever was on the evacuation ship at the time.

Man, this thing is going to have an entire story to it and everything.

PS: Does the boreal wood wall look suitably like boards used to staple two things together?

yep! the boreal wood sells for the stapled planks!
edit: if you use rope painted gray they'll look like giant nails a bit

Last edited:
Okay, I need help again:

WIP 4a.png

ALL OF THIS
MUST FIT INTO A SPACE...
WIP 4b.png

...EXACTLY THIS BIG, NO MORE, PREFERABLY LESS.

So far, I've managed to compress it to this point:

WIP 4c.png

Imagine all the gold ore is chests.
This is still too big.

Should I maybe have it be a separate structure, perhaps reached via Rails?
I was going to have a rail reach-able structure anyways for The Truffle, but now I'm not sure if maybe I'll need two?

Hmm, I can't really help you. My quantum molecular atom compactor broke down last week. :(

I don't see a problem though. Doesn't the third picture fit inside the second one?

Hmm, I can't really help you. My quantum molecular atom compactor broke down last week. :(

I don't see a problem though. Doesn't the third picture fit inside the second one?
The issue is that there still needs to be room for other village houses. :dryadsad:
Adding the store-room would eat up all the space.

I'm moving it to a separate island.

nice! really digging the trees entering the houses. also is there another grass wall variant there or is it something else?

nice! really digging the trees entering the houses. also is there another grass wall variant there or is it something else?
It's an unobtainable type of wall TEdit calls "Moss Wall".

It isn't know what it's for, but it goes really well with leaf blocks so the Wiki calls them "Leaf Walls".

It's an unobtainable type of wall TEdit calls "Moss Wall".

It isn't know what it's for, but it goes really well with leaf blocks so the Wiki calls them "Leaf Walls".
I totally have to actually use TEdit now I might try using those in some of my builds sometime.

New addition:

WIP 7.png

Oh look, familiar stuff sawed out of other builds!

Well, partially, not completely. It's sort of a bar/restaurant/meeting place/workshop/other multi-purpose social gathering place that's not a house.

I don't know if these things have official names or not. Community Centers?

I wonder whose' claws made those giant gashes in the wall?

Very nice, in a crappy kind of way, or very crappy, in a very nice kind of way. :D
Seriously though, I like it.
What kind of walls did you use in the upper right room, the stuff underneath the pearlwood walls? Wood and...? Can't be wooden beams, those'd get in the way?

I honestly can't get enough of these, it's amazing how you manage to make the place look ramshackle, but ramshackle with intent, as opposed to just sort of being carelessly messy. It actually looks scrounged and pieced together with great care out of whatever's handy, and not just slapdash and lazy. I really can't wait to see how all of this stuff looks all together in total!

Very nice, in a crappy kind of way, or very crappy, in a very nice kind of way. :D
Seriously though, I like it.
What kind of walls did you use in the upper right room, the stuff underneath the pearlwood walls? Wood and...? Can't be wooden beams, those'd get in the way?
Wood and ebonwood in a checkerboard pattern. :happy:

I really like the pattern it gives.

Back
Top Bottom