1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

Forum Censorship.

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Feedback' started by drain., Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drain.

drain. Terrarian

I've seen alot of hilarious forum censorship.

Post examples.

Like, big black cock.

2. NeithR

NeithR Cultist

Lol, let me try it too, big :red:-ing :red:.

Also, I had to disable my profanity content first before seeing the censorship xD.

3. Peace Giant

Peace Giant Plantera

Wow. From the title, I was expecting you to lay down some pretty serious :red:.

Fruitbat, PenguinPandaZero and Sparta like this.
  4. Wall of Steel

Wall of Steel Terrarian

This thread is going to go places.

5. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It's not censorship, it's a filter; the words you type are there. Hiding profanity contents is an option that each user can choose for themselves.

Some words, and some uses of words, are not going to be tolerated on this forum, whether the filter will hide them or not. The staff will be very strict on that, so be careful; don't assume that the filter will hide your content, or excuse it.

eta: And that includes this thread. "Just tryin' it out" is not an excuse.

6. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

Am I the only one who finds this both offensive and funny?
    Like... if I refer to s-h-i-t, and Red's face is replaced, I assume that :red: = s-h-i-t, and it just doesn't look right...
    I don't want to say something like that every time I say a naughty word :dryadcry:

OMG!
    What if that is exactly what the mods want us to think to prevent these words from being said!
    GENIUS!

Sarrih, Rancor, 360Chadscope and 2 others like this.
  7. turn off the profanity filter m8

8. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

Its doesn't work on everything, some words will still be censored.

9. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Golem

Remember kids: "Red" is for "Redacted." :redspin: Watching you 360 degrees a year.

10. Kaio

Kaio Official Terrarian

:red:ing censorship. Whateaver, I'm not interested in strong words, like :red:.

11. Devalaous

Devalaous Terrarian

Any news on if the profanity filter will be fixed for profile pages?

12. Kirkas64

Kirkas64 Skeletron Prime

My virgin eyes! They're burning!

Voyager and Jill like this.
  13. MolochMekkane

MolochMekkane The Destroyer

Big Red is watching you. New novel sequel to 1984: 2014.
    :red2: "SzGamer227, 2 + 2 = 5. Yes, it does. Yes, it does. Yes, it does."

Jill likes this.
  14. Irfeune

Irfeune The Destroyer

Rather than being punched by the profanity filter, I just do a substitute thing
    ie: s%@&.

Fruitbat likes this.
  15. Devalaous

Devalaous Terrarian

Evading the censor too much will get you warned though. As the censor was made toggleable (the only site ive ever seen to do this btw, some sites are so strict that basement is a censored word) I choose to respect those that leave it on and not fool around with the currently flawed profile page censor.

16. Gem

Gem Terrarian

This thread is a lot less funny with filter off.

17. Sharanga Duck

Sharanga Duck Plantera

Damn, this :red: is funny (with the filter on). Red will be watching you.

:redmunch:I will be watching forever:redmunch:
    :redmunch:fooorrrrreeeevvvvveerrr:redmunch:
    :redmunch:for :red:ing ever I say:redmunch:

18. Voyager

Voyager Headless Horseman

OK, I can't decide weather to leave the filter on or turn it off.
    What the :red: am I gonna do now!

19. Czar

Czar Official Terrarian

Big, meaty, :red:

20. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Let me be totally clear.

If this thread exists for the sole reason to discover ways to circumvent the filter, account action can be expected to follow.

The profanity filter is an OPTIONAL feature for any member that doesn't care to read curse words. If you choose to try to find a way to make them read curse words anyway, you can expect warnings.

Respect the preferences of your fellow members. This isn't censorship, it's customization.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.