PC Friend causes massive FPS drop (144 to <60)

Wammyve

The Destroyer
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So I never noticed this until now, but this one friend (we'll call him Flip) I have causes everyone's FPS to drop whenever he joins our Master Mode world. However, Flip says that his FPS seems to be unaffected. Flip usually ends up being the 4th member to join the world (I'm also not the host either). None of us play with frame skip On or Subtle which makes our FPS go past 60 (except for our other friend who can't reach past 60), though he used to have Frame Skip on Subtle until a few weeks ago. I'm unsure if this happened ever since he turned Frame Skip off entirely, but it only seems to happen when HE joins the world. I did a quick test by leaving the world when he was still in it, and it didn't seem to fix the problem for the host and the other friend (my FPS when back to 144 on the title screen). For the past 2 weeks or so, I've been forced to play with Frame Skip on (or Subtle if it feels like not dipped as bad) whenever he joins us in the world.

However just last night, my FPS TANKED horribly to the point where the game became unplayable due to it being in slow motion. If I remember correctly, having Frame Skip on Subtle didn't seem to help half the time, and sometimes having it on On also didn't seem to completely help, but it DID remove most slow motion at most points when he was in the world. At first I thought it was due to me recording footage of the game using Bandicam, however it wasn't until last night when I finally figured out it was because of him simply joining.

Another thing I want to add, whenever he dies and is waiting to respawn, EVERYONE'S FPS jumps straight back up. Then as soon as he's back alive, it tanks back down. It has never been this constantly bad until last night.

Here is video proof:

Back
Top Bottom