Weapons & Equip Gaia Armor

The sprites for this armor look very good in a Terrarian background, it only looks strange on it's own because of black outlines as Sz said.

Its not too bad as armor, just not Purity-themed Terra Blade armor.

index.php
and
index.php
vs.
Terra_Blade.png

Personally, I think a style similar to the Paladin or the Hallowed Armor, but with coloring more like this
terra-sets-png.124463
would look great.

they were originally the exact pallet of the terra blade, but the pallet was too bright for armor, at least for my taste.

I re saturated it to closely resemble what it originally was, personally I think how they are i n the OP looks fine.
Gaia Armor.png
Gaia Armor2.png

they were originally the exact pallet of the terra blade, but the pallet was too bright for armor, at least for my taste.

I re saturated it to closely resemble what it originally was, personally I think how they are i n the OP looks fine.
View attachment 18522 View attachment 18523

Actually looks pretty nice! Add some gold like a gem in the chestplate, or golden shoulderguards, and it would be perfect IMO. I don't like the helmet at all, but that's personal taste.

Actually looks pretty nice! Add some gold like a gem in the chestplate, or golden shoulderguards, and it would be perfect IMO. I don't like the helmet at all, but that's personal taste.
here's the problem with that, when you overdecorate armor sprites, they end up looking ugly. take your example... as an example.

the root like trim from normal size looks like puke (literally).

here's the problem with that, when you overdecorate armor sprites, they end up looking ugly. take your example... as an example.

the root like trim from normal size looks like puke (literally).

I completely agree, it doesn't need to be super extravagant, just could use some gold in a key point.

I completely agree, it doesn't need to be super extravagant, just could use some gold in a key point.
a trim doesn't contrast well with the super shiny almost glowing sheen of the armor though.
if you can make it better yourself and prove me a liar, be my guest. I just can't see much that can be added with the sprite as it is.

a trim doesn't contrast well with the super shiny almost glowing sheen of the armor though.
if you can make it better yourself and prove me a liar, be my guest. I just can't see much that can be added with the sprite as it is.
I'm not a spriter, just offering my opinions. Anyways, I think it looks nice enough ATM, its not my favorite armor but its better then the Beetle Armor :p

Excellent idea , just one single thing would make this idea more awesome . This armor need a 'God' or maybe ancient warrior theme . Why ? Because the name of the armor say that . In rest is verry balanced , I like the idea.
Suport.

I liked it better when it was saturated... what about the darker, more saturated pallet with a grey outline?
Gaia DB.png

...and with some actual flesh coloring to make it look reasonable?

Borrowing Flak's screenshot:
Screenie.jpg

I liked it better when it was saturated... what about the darker, more saturated pallet with a grey outline?
View attachment 18563
...and with some actual flesh coloring to make it look reasonable?

Borrowing Flak's screenshot:
View attachment 18565
the difference is so mundane that it really makes almost no difference at all whether it uses the higher contrast one or not.

but I kinda agree, it does look at least slightly better to me.

I know what's wrong. The armor is too neon-bright, generally too plain (not epic enough), and the shading is a little bit off. The concept ia great, though...

Back
Top Bottom