Weapons & Equip Gaia Armor

Classless armors aren't really supposed to be a thing. Terraria is mainly about choosing different armors for different classes.

Different playstyles, not classes. Classless/Hybrid armours don't detract from that, they actually add to it.

What shouldn't be a thing is one ultimate armour that everyone should use. Fortunately, Scarecrow knows his balancing and the stats on this I think can't be better.

You're missing Shadow and Crimtane.
But all of those are not very meaningful at all for this argument, since they are all earlygame armors, in a point in which you can't really even choose a class but use whatever you got to cause damage.

The only exception is Frost Armor at the moment.

Frost Armor IS a class armor. A duo class armor, actually. Casters benefit nothing from it (aside from some bugs if still present).

Also, Shadow is definitely a melee set. It gives melee speed bonuses. However as it may be the first non-classless armor you obtain, it's an upgrade from gold armor so any class could use it. You only get the most benefit from it as a warrior.

As for the actual Gaia armor, I don't see why not. Well. Except for accessories being heavily class-themed. You'll still have to cycle out accessories whenever you swap a weapon for full effect, so you'll probably be better off using a single class armor and sticking to a single damage type.

Frost Armor IS a class armor. A duo class armor, actually. Casters benefit nothing from it (aside from some bugs if still present).

Also, Shadow is definitely a melee set. It gives melee speed bonuses. However as it may be the first non-classless armor you obtain, it's an upgrade from gold armor so any class could use it. You only get the most benefit from it as a warrior.

As for the actual Gaia armor, I don't see why not. Well. Except for accessories being heavily class-themed. You'll still have to cycle out accessories whenever you swap a weapon for full effect, so you'll probably be better off using a single class armor and sticking to a single damage type.
unless someone was willing to fix that *hint hint*
Edit: a actually, I take it back. There's the destroyer emblem.

Last edited:
... Then explain these armors:
Wood
Ebonwood
Pearlwood
Boreal Wood
Palm Wood
Shadewood
Rich Mahogany
Copper
Tin
Iron
Lead
Silver
Tungsten
Gold
Platinum
Pumpkin
Mining
Eskimo
Pink Eskimo
Frost
Shadow
Crimson
This isn't "classless" armor in the fact that it provides no buff to one specific type of damage, this is armor that gives no buffs to any damage, the only exception being frost.

Also, every armor listed (again, except frost) is very earlygame armor, where you don't have the luxury of choosing a class.

And Frost armor isn't STRICTLY classless. It buffs ranged and melee capabilities, but does nothing for magic.
-Edit- I see someone got to it before me...

This isn't "classless" armor in the fact that it provides no buff to one specific type of damage, this is armor that gives no buffs to any damage, the only exception being frost.

Also, every armor listed (again, except frost) is very earlygame armor, where you don't have the luxury of choosing a class.

And Frost armor isn't STRICTLY classless. It buffs ranged and melee capabilities, but does nothing for magic.
-Edit- I see someone got to it before me...
*cough*Pumpkinarmorsetbonus*cough*

Well
Edit:Looks Nice,And so are the sprites
1+Support

Last edited:
Cool idea, I generally don't actually pick a class. Normally it's a weapon from all 3 (or 4) classes that make it into my quick select. I think it looks cool, although I think I may tinker around with the armour, if that's fine by @Scarecrow , of course.

EDIT: I added moar gold, not sure if it worked:
Mask set:
LjaN6zH.png
VN2D37C.png

(old) (new)
7qPpjG8.png
VqAbzze.png

Please give feedback, if you would. Would be nice to improve on them some more. (I didn't really change the shape, either, as you can probably tell)

Last edited:
... Then explain these armors:
Wood
Ebonwood
Pearlwood
Boreal Wood
Palm Wood
Shadewood
Rich Mahogany
Copper
Tin
Iron
Lead
Silver
Tungsten
Gold
Platinum
Pumpkin
Mining
Eskimo
Pink Eskimo
Frost
Shadow
Crimson

Those are the earliest armors. There really aren't very set. The only time classes really start appearing is after crimson. Have you ever used anything but a wooden sword and maybe a bow during the time it took to get these armors and grow out of them? If your lucky you'll find enough gems for a staff, and even then there's gem cloaks.

Cool idea, I generally don't actually pick a class. Normally it's a weapon from all 3 (or 4) classes that make it into my quick select. I think it looks cool, although I think I may tinker around with the armour, if that's fine by @Scarecrow , of course.

EDIT: I added moar gold, not sure if it worked:
Mask set:
LjaN6zH.png
VN2D37C.png

(old) (new)
7qPpjG8.png
VqAbzze.png

Please give feedback, if you would. Would be nice to improve on them some more. (I didn't really change the shape, either, as you can probably tell)
its a step in the right direction, but I think you over did it on some of the new highlights.

Those are the earliest armors. There really aren't very set. The only time classes really start appearing is after crimson. Have you ever used anything but a wooden sword and maybe a bow during the time it took to get these armors and grow out of them? If your lucky you'll find enough gems for a staff, and even then there's gem cloaks.
you seem to have the mentality that terraria is a game that has player classes, when in reality its classes of damage. if it was the former, you would have single class armors from the very beginning of the game.

all this armor does is give players that like an extremely diverse weapon loadout something more to play with, plus its very well balanced around the other ultimate armors that single out to one damage class. give me one good reason why this dampens the overall experience of the game.

its a step in the right direction, but I think you over did it on some of the new highlights.

you seem to have the mentality that terraria is a game that has player classes, when in reality its classes of damage. if it was the former, you would have single class armors from the very beginning of the game.

all this armor does is give players that like an extremely diverse weapon loadout something more to play with, plus its very well balanced around the other ultimate armors that single out to one damage class. give me one good reason why this dampens the overall experience of the game.

Idk it doesn't I hate people who hate on my threads so I'll just drop it and say that its a pretty nice idea with some good sprites.

Back
Top Bottom