Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of lasers. It could be an alternate to dart traps or flamethrowing traps. I imagine it'd be useful against airborne enemies as well. I also think the summoner class could be expanded upon as well. It doesn't have as much options as the melee, gunner, or Mage class atm.

I want an armour/eqipable that can display wires and let you automatically place wires without the need of a wrench!
:)

This isn't a mechanisms change, but I think the power of some of the late game weapons should be leveled out. Right now the lunar tier items (Solar Eruption, Phantasm, etc.) drastically overpower everything else before them. Basically, reaching the lunar stage means replacing your entire kit with lunar weapons as everything else becomes obsolete. I think these weapons should be weakened (and the lunar enemies and Moon Lord also weakened by a proportional amount), and the Fishron, martian, and Frost Moon tier weapons buffed so that they are all about equally strong. This would give a player many more options as to what the could use to fight the Lunar Event, rather than having the lunar weapons be the only viable choice.
[DOUBLEPOST=1449043150,1449042656][/DOUBLEPOST]I also think some changes should me made to Expert Mode for the very early game stage, so that players have a bit of a head start to progress. When I first played Expert Mode, I felt so stuck at first that I decided to import silver armor from another world just for a bit of a boost. This helped a lot and after defeating the Eater of Worlds, I was able to progress smoothly from there. I just found the start of Expert Mode to be extremely tedious, since it would take forever to reach silver tier without dying fifty times. Also, with the increased difficulty, the desert and snow biome were practically impassible roadblocks to exploration, and I felt confined within a small portion of the map.

Toggle Wand
A wand that activates/toggles any wire its swung on.
-Can activate traps/wire affected items (ex:actuators) directly, without the need for wire.
-Different colored wands affect only their specific color of wire; there should also be one that affects all wire colors.

This makes testing wire contraptions easier.

// Sorry for my bad english. I am from Kazakhstan.
Pipes, Sorting pipes, Items Dropper, Items <<Catcher(or taker)>>.
Sorting items is very boring. Adding this Items helps a lot of terrarians.
  • Pipe.
Transfering blocks, loot, etc.
Transfers from chest to chest, or Items <<Catcher>>.
_________________________________​
  • Sorting pipe.
Sorting some loot in different pipes. Have a 3 output and 1 input sides and have 4/8/16/32 slots for loot, which goes in pipes, other goes to 3rd pipe(often just a junk).
  • Items dropper.
Drops item in the world, lol.
  • Items <<Catcher(or taker)>>.
<<Catches>> the loot from world.​

I wonder if you could place a pressure plate on the (soon to be) conveyor belt. If you could, would the plate pop off or move down the belt when it's active? If it moved down while the belt is active, you could put multiple columns of wires down the belt and activate certain lines depending on where the plate moved to. Make an interesting machine that way.

Not only that, if you could toggle something that reversed the belt's direction, that would also expand on the possibilities of creations.

In fact, if you could move any switch/timer with a conveyor belt...endless possibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: JK0
Any chance of item pipes, like minecraft funnels, would be great for when you are looting the dungeon and build a derp house with chest. you link them to onw back at your base and all of them would empty into that one as you empty it
Yes. I think they're called safes.

I dont know if these were mentioned but here goes.

Elevators:
I dont know if im the only one or not but i quite frankly am getting tired of using platforms all the time to navigate around my base. I believe elevators would be an exciting addition and sophisticated look to the game and id love to see some.

-Elevator pod(Elevator lining or blocks or. Etc.)
Used to place an elevator within desired spot ready for lining and wiring
-Elevator lining
Sets the beginning and distance the elevator travels up and down and is required to construct a fully functional elevator.
-Elevator switch
A switch specifically for the elevator to designate the many floors there are and which stop the user wishes to land
-Elevator stop placement (Elevator floor set and indicator)
Basically sets the floors of the elevator and can be wired into the switch that when triggered will stop at the specific desired floor.
(These elevators will consist of high speed travel for convienence)
NOTE: To all the people who have very high altitude built bases we feel your struggle!

More traps:
-Freezer:
Once stepped on by unit, the unit will then be incased within an ice block around the sprite and stopped (or severely slowed) for a second (if trapped in ice) and repeated with a cooldown time of two seconds before trapped again.
:Damage output 50 per.

-Laser trap (names Laze-r Trap for lols)
Can be set to periodic activation per numeric seconds or always active. (Can be mined with picaxe on both sides of laze-r)
With different color uses.
Red for player
Blue for monster.
:Damage out put 25 per sec (rapid fire within laze-r)

-Weapon trap
Yes. A trap where you can make use of your uneeded or extra weapons where you can put either a Sword (swaying back and forth or act as spears) or bow (act as darts) gun (same as bow) yoyo (follows enemy within weapon range) grapple ( same as yoyo) magic (will work like flamethrower)
For range weapons there will be a inventory stock individually for this trap that can be restocked whenever with desired ammo (max 999) whereas there will be a count as to how many the trap has left either visibly or when hovered over by cursor. For magic there will be limited amount of mana (100 limited) whereas will act like regular mana a user would have except xan visibily be seen as mini blue bar under the trap to indicate mana gauge.
Now i know many of you are thinking oh this can be over powered and broken; however, No. For each weapon there will be a divider which nullifies a certain amount of damage from the original damage output depending on the amount of damage the weapon has.

-Timer set-r
A rare tool that can either be bought for one platinum, or crafted. Once held, user can set a timer on that specific ( or range of) wired activations and mechanisms. A window pops up where the seconds of the timers can be chosen (1-60 gametime seconds). What this tool will provide is no need for physical timers for convienence. To change second output just reclick and reset.

-Motion sensor
The motion senser will act as pressure plates in a sense (ba dun tss) whereas it is activated when set unit type reaches the range of its vicinity (can be set to either monster, NPC, Boss, or player) but the difference is that this will work as a set range of blocks desired from the creator (max 20) once it is placed at desired location and right clicked, a window will pop up with the option to "Set Motion Detect Range" where a grid will then appear around all blocks within view and player can manually select the desired blocks (there does not need to be actual blocks) where each desired range (20 max and range limited to 20) can be highlighted and set as player wishes. Another option is to set the activatee unit (checklist for types of units that will trigger the wired setup the motion sense is connected to). With each unit option there can be a set up of different responses which will not interfere with one another. For example there is a sort of dungeon-like entrance towards ones base and traps all around. Once the player walks in the range of motion sense detector the door to the base is now opened and can be accessed by said player.
Once a monster (whether air unit or ground) comes into contact within motion senser, the set traps are then activated to prevent any monster invasions upon base. If this motion sense however is within a dungeon to activate traps to eviscerate the player, with precision and speed the motion sense can be broken and used with a picaxe of 150+ power
NOTE: I believe this will set numerous possibilies of endless imagination theoughout terraria aswell as the possibilities of new dungeons and boss setups.

One thing I have to wonder is where all these new mechanisms are going, other than as stuff for the player to build. I can think of a few possibilities.

A revamped Pyramid is one idea that comes to mind, since the desert desperately needs more content and filling the pyramid with traps seems like a good start; turning it into the Desert equivalent to the Jungle Temple.

Perhaps other Temple analogues could be added to the other biomes as well, such as a dwarf stronghold in the snow biome or an airship/spaceship in the sky. After all, all those high-tech gadgets have to go somewhere.

One thing I have to wonder is where all these new mechanisms are going, other than as stuff for the player to build. I can think of a few possibilities.

A revamped Pyramid is one idea that comes to mind, since the desert desperately needs more content and filling the pyramid with traps seems like a good start; turning it into the Desert equivalent to the Jungle Temple.

Perhaps other Temple analogues could be added to the other biomes as well, such as a dwarf stronghold in the snow biome or an airship/spaceship in the sky. After all, all those high-tech gadgets have to go somewhere.

In other words.... The Pyramid could be like a Pre-Hardmode Temple

That is very well a good idea you got, id suggest such stuff as that but i assumed this was strictly mechanic suggestions but that sounds pretty awesome. The game really needs more dungeons and such for different biomes

for Ice biome:
A ice lair filled with slippery ice (90%) (post or pre hardmodr) with ice/snow related monsters specifically appearing only within the lair which needs a key (Ice key) which opens the ice gates (new door type gates 6 blocks in height when right clicked it opens upward then closes behind the user) towards the ice lairs inner findings.
Monsters:
Yeti - 350 hp ( pre ) 1350 ( post )
Damage: 15 with moderate attack speed ( pre ) 20 very fast attack speed ( post )

Ice golem ( feeling too lazy for stats) (not related to temple golem)

Ice mutated Bat

Ice flying staff (magic attack)

Ice swordmaster (rare monster which drops rare weapon exclusive to ice lair)

Boss: Jack frost (thrice the size of players, a ice looking sprite with a staff that shoots magic ice beams)(rare weapon drop)

Something like that. Also a nice dungeon in the sky or something and make harpys have more purpose in life lol.

Well yeah the basic idea like that could use the freezer trap and lazers as i mentioned in my elaborate suggestion. Or a robotic dungeon can use all these high end gadgets and such.

Elevators:
I dont know if im the only one or not but i quite frankly am getting tired of using platforms all the time to navigate around my base. I believe elevators would be an exciting addition and sophisticated look to the game and id love to see some.
Not to belittle your idea ('cause I like it), but I've made something that works like an elevator. It's a ton of wiring though, so it might not be for everyone.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/novelty-elevators.32905/

I absolutely love the motion sensor and programmable timer ideas, too.

I want some sort of way to toggle rain, since there are situations both where rain is good (fishing, rainbow slimes), and bad (when it's just annoying). It could be something you can only do every once in a while, but I would still like it included.

Also, I would like something that can influence monster despawn rate, especially rare monsters. I can't tell you how many times I've been searching for a rare monster that appeared on my radar, only to have it despawn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom