Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone suggested a hand held wireless switch?
Like a receiver block that can be crafted with different colors and different strengths (like how many tiles away that it can receive a signal) and a hand held wireless activator switch with a corresponding color that can be used from a distance, much like a key. While I'm at it, how about locked doors, gates, and chests, or at least ones that NEED a signal to open or close.:joy:

Don't know if someone already said this but wouldn't it be nice if u could defuse thrown bombs or TNT with a right mouseclick or something so u wouldn't accidentally blow up your base the whole time? Also craftable living wood chests would be nice for those who have living wood/jungle themed bases. And I'm also one of the peeps who would like to be able to alter the look of a weapon with a dye or something.

All i`m asking for is some generators for power, to power lights and other stuff, it will be cool to have one in base and it can run on lava/water (thermal) electricity.
Add one devs I will like this to be in game and their can be a setting were if you don`t want generators you can just use the normal terraria style. Add generators plz
with different tiers. please, I love building and doing wiring this will be a good thing to add in game.

Yes. I think they're called safes.
No a safe in terms of minecraft would be an ender chest. The pipes automatically empty one chest into another. What would be great is a safe or pigy bank at the top with pipes so the pigy banks items just get dropping down into chest back at base so you only have to recall when you want to.

I liked ideas made by Snickerbobble
here http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-fluorescent-light-beams.10234/
and they can be very useful. I would like to add something to that like attachments to that lasers (some type of block).
When you place it next to block that makes laser or instead of that combine it at Work Bench and that place anywhere
it will give some effect to laser.
I mean effects like damaging other mobs or/and setting them on fire or ability to destroy blocks.
I liked some of other ideas by others like more wires and wrenches but it will be cooler to make something new,something
original.
And something unrelated to that.
Becouse this is mechanic update it will be cool to add chips (I mean microchips and stuff like that) and similar.
To craft them it will require new workbench,something about tech.
From them you will be able to craft these attachments and other.
Maybe it will be cool to add 90's computers for decoration and/or for some function ,or televisions.
There will be more types of chips and some most advanced of them can be combined
with something (don't know what correctly) to craft holograms (many types of them)!
Maybe they can be used as new type of signs.Or just more decoration!
I have more ideas for this update and if you like it I can make more.
But greatest thanks to Snickerbobble becouse he inspired me!
I will be very happy if some of this things will be added to this update.

See you later!

And yes,Re-Logic Team,whatever you do,PLEASE CHANGE THE TEXTURES OF FLYING SNAKE!!!

Attachments

• Laser.png
    Laser.png
    653 bytes · Views: 227
  • Flying_Snake.png
    Flying_Snake.png
    602 bytes · Views: 209
Here an idea Baconfry made that can fit in with wiring, this is about npc statue.

Maybe someone on this thread could make a list of supported suggestions just to help people keep track of have been made and has not.

Last edited:
Hello!
I played about 900 hours , so i realy love this game.
And i like to share some ideas and love :p
1. Remove hardmode crates trick ( trick: you fishing for crates in pre hard mode, open crates in hardmode, getting tons of hight tier ore and bars)
2. Add weather effects/debuffs like in starbound. I love idea when you have debuff in expert mode, when you swim in cold water. So when you go in desert you have debuff
"thirst", in snow "cold", in jungle "disease", crimson/corruption "scary".. So it's prevent easy exploration, when you running and jumping over the slimes, zombies...:)
3. Add power source. In Terraria many things are logical. Like u can drown, fall and die..so wiring should use some kind of power source.
4. Remove water dupe.
5. Nerf reaver shark. So you start new world, get merchant, get bug net, go to ocean, get reaver shark, mine hellstone whis 1 obsidian potion & mining potion.. mine obsidian, get all sweet molten tier! So what the point of copper, silver, gold gear?
6. Many item drops from moonlord have no point( sadly). yes, you can rush for moonlord and get end game gear, but for what? Maybe add some kind of armaggedon event or maybe portal to another dimension :p when moonlord is killed. Some epic battle when we can use all sweet weapons and armor!
7. More QUEST!!!!! I like quest system in strabound, when many NPC's give player different quest. And sometimes you get bored and just whant do some fun!:D
8. New NPC"s!:
Сhemist. Move in after plantera defeated. Sell potions of all kinds depending of events, bioms ( I think at this stage of a game no point of craftin low lvl potions)
Robot. Move in after player do some quests. Quest give Cyborg NPC. Like Angler NPC. Robot NPC have quests too, and give revards for each. So you can have your own robot :D , ,robot summon staff and vanity robo items.

Thanks!

Hello!
I played about 900 hours , so i realy love this game.
And i like to share some ideas and love :p
1. Remove hardmode crates trick ( trick: you fishing for crates in pre hard mode, open crates in hardmode, getting tons of hight tier ore and bars)
2. Add weather effects/debuffs like in starbound. I love idea when you have debuff in expert mode, when you swim in cold water. So when you go in desert you have debuff
"thirst", in snow "cold", in jungle "disease", crimson/corruption "scary".. So it's prevent easy exploration, when you running and jumping over the slimes, zombies...:)
3. Add power source. In Terraria many things are logical. Like u can drown, fall and die..so wiring should use some kind of power source.
4. Remove water dupe.
5. Nerf reaver shark. So you start new world, get merchant, get bug net, go to ocean, get reaver shark, mine hellstone whis 1 obsidian potion & mining potion.. mine obsidian, get all sweet molten tier! So what the point of copper, silver, gold gear?
6. Many item drops from moonlord have no point( sadly). yes, you can rush for moonlord and get end game gear, but for what? Maybe add some kind of armaggedon event or maybe portal to another dimension :p when moonlord is killed. Some epic battle when we can use all sweet weapons and armor!
7. More QUEST!!!!! I like quest system in strabound, when many NPC's give player different quest. And sometimes you get bored and just whant do some fun!:D
8. New NPC"s!:
Сhemist. Move in after plantera defeated. Sell potions of all kinds depending of events, bioms ( I think at this stage of a game no point of craftin low lvl potions)
Robot. Move in after player do some quests. Quest give Cyborg NPC. Like Angler NPC. Robot NPC have quests too, and give revards for each. So you can have your own robot :D , ,robot summon staff and vanity robo items.

Thanks!
If they remove crates thing and nerf reaver shark - fishing is totally worthless.Didnt you even think why we fish in terraria?To get cheap way to progress.You can go through hassle of caves and gather resources by you self and probably get even more loot then from crates,but after you already ended 60+ adventures,you will be bored by cave trips.
Moonlord is last boss,thats it.There is no point to add new post-Moonlord events\bosses,you get OP items from Moonlord because you make it all way up to ML,you must get OP reward.
Quests it cool idea tho.
Removing water dupe is pointless.Or you want to make 60+ buckets to simply get 60 obsidian?
Weather effects is Starbound exclusive.We dont need Earth Starbound.
Terraria dont need power source.This game about exploring and fighting monsters,and not about giving a f*ck about power source.

I was thinking about a non-wire item. A gummy ball what will bounce at enemies and do damage to them. It will bounce like 5-10 times and then fall on the ground. Similar mechanic like beach ball but more bouncy. It will be made from 10 Gel.

What about robots? also the wireless stuff sounds awesome... now i can use a teleporter from my house to the underworld XD
[DOUBLEPOST=1450912947,1450912431][/DOUBLEPOST]
It would make the system better if you added wireless connections. That way you wouldn't have to spend ages building a line of wires to the other side of the map for teleporters. You could use specific codes to link wireless points. It would be better if you made them too expensive to be worth using on a small scale, so it can't be practically useful for building a wire across a single room.

Awesome idea! now i can use teleporters to go from my house to the underworld!

This isn't necessarily with wiring and mechanics, but I would like to be able to brew tea instead of making potions.

Two things. First how about remotes and receivers? They both would come in red, green, blue, etc. The remotes are non-stackable items and the receivers are 1x1 blocks. If you use a remote in say 50 blocks of a receiver of the same color it will output a wire signal. This could be used to trigger a device or open a secret door remotely.

The second is a revised version of the vault door I made earlier. It is a large metal door that cannot be destroyed with bombs. A wire can be used to toggle it locked and unlocked. When locked it will close and cannot be opened by the player, NPCs, or even mobs.

Guys,something strange happened to me yesterday.I started new journey,there was nothing interesting,i gathered some copper and sliver.I got some other stuff,then buyed anvil.I made some chains,when i get that i have only 9 copper(tryed to make Copper Watch) guide gave me 1 more copper and dialog window appeared....Its said:"You will need to pay later..."....
Now i cant play Terraria,its too creepy....

Guys,something strange happened to me yesterday.I started new journey,there was nothing interesting,i gathered some copper and sliver.I got some other stuff,then buyed anvil.I made some chains,when i get that i have only 9 copper(tryed to make Copper Watch) guide gave me 1 more copper and dialog window appeared....Its said:"You will need to pay later..."....
Now i cant play Terraria,its too creepy....
I call BS! Pic or it didn't happen.

Also, that was off topic, so I believe you to be trollin.

Some suggestions:

LASERS! (Yep, its not wiring)

2 Classes, Weapon and Entertainment. Has Different Colors

Weapon:
43 ranged damage
9% Critical strike chance
Use time 15 (1s/very fast)
No knockback
Goes through mobs

Function: Grants debuff "Burning!" for 10 seconds/Goes through Glass
Rarity: Yellow
Obtainable: Eyezor (10% drop chance) and Treasure Bag (The Twins) 30% drop chance

Entertainment:
Use time 15 (1s/very fast)
SO COLORFUL!

Function: Light/Goes through Glass
Rarity: Light Purple
Obtainable: Party Girl (Buy price: 50 Gold) (Sell price: 5 Gold)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spotlights!
Can be Placed (tile) [2x2]
Its Hollywood!

Function: Light/Goes through Glass/Goes through Midnight Confetti Block for a colorful experience/Tilts
Rarity: Green

Obtainable: Party Girl (Buy price: 2 Gold) Sell price: 20 silver)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensors!
Can be placed (tile) [1x1]
You won't see it coming

Has 2 Color Classes: Red and Blue

Red Sensor: Activates when a mob enters its territory
Sensor: Activates when a player, NPC or a mob enters its territory
Blue Sensor: Activates when a player enters its territory

Functions: Activates things connected to it
Rarity: Green
Obtainable: Mechanic (Buy price: 10 silver) (Sell price: 1 silver)

Techanized Gates!
Can be placed (tile) [3x1]
Blink and you've missed it

Function: Slides up when opened (Just think of the doors at the Five Nights at Freddy's)
(You don't need to dig 3x1 blocks below it)
Rarity: Orange
Obtainable: Cyborg (Buy price: 2 gold) (Sell price: 20 silver)

FSG Gaming's suggestions are very cool. I'll also suggest some items to be used with evil and holy connections

Holy Lantern
Can be placed (tile) [1x2]
Blocks the evil

Function: Blocks the evil from spreading on its light territory (The Crimson/Corruption infection can go below where the light didn't reach)
Rarity: Light Red
Craftable: 10 Any kind of lanterns, 1 Hallowed bar and 2 Soul of light

Crafted in: Anvil
Sell price: 2 gold

Evil Lantern
Can be placed (tile) [1x2]
Reappears the evil

Function: Lets the evil appear in its light territory but does not spread
Rarity: Light Red

Craftable: 10 Any kind of lanterns, 1 Crimtane/Demonite bar and 2 Soul of night
Crafted in: Anvil
Sell price: 2 gold

Wait for more suggestions by me! It's Onebuddy, signing out.

Reactions: JK0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom