Sprites glasses option for character customization before beginning a playthrough

what does the rest of the community think? would glasses be a nice addition to customization?

• Total voters

doormatt 🌳🐿️

Official Terrarian
As the title states, I would like there to be a glasses option in the character customization. I'm not talking an in-game glasses item here, but just as part of the base character customization, being able to toggle glasses on and off in the "eyes" section, as well as change the color of the glasses. Doesn't have to be real fancy with a bunch of different frame styles, just one would make me happy :D

It's no big deal, but one time I did a playthrough with some of my friends, and we wanted to make our characters look like ourselves. In real life, I wear glasses, and I was a little miffed when I realized I wouldn't be able to have a fully accurate re-creation of what I look like irl. I even scrambled to get the "goggles" item for vanity, but it still didn't really give the look I was going for.

I know it's a small thing, and I'd be perfectly fine if it wasn't added, but people who wear glasses do exist, and having a reflection of that in terraria would be really nice. It's not even about the "representation" for me per se, I just think it would be pretty great to be able to have that in terraria. that's all :)

Last edited:
I know I'm a bit late to suggesting a change for 1.4.4, and this may not even be up for consideration at this point, but as the title states, I would like there to be a glasses option in the character customization. I'm not talking an in-game glasses item here, but just as part of the base character customization, being able to toggle glasses on and off in the "eyes" section, as well as change the color of the glasses. Doesn't have to be real fancy with a bunch of different frame styles, just one would make me happy :D

It's no big deal, but one time I did a playthrough with a bunch of my friends, and we just made our characters look like ourselves. me and one of my other friends both wear glasses, and were both a little miffed when we realized we wouldn't be able to have a fully accurate re-creation of what we look like irl. we even scrambled to get the "goggles" item for vanity, but it still didn't really give the look we were going for.

I know it's a small thing, and I'd be perfectly fine if it wasn't added, but people who wear glasses do exist, and having a reflection of that in terraria would be really nice. It's not even about the "representation" for me per se, I just think it would make me happy on the inside and put a smile on my face on the outside, to be able to have that in my favorite game in the whole world. that's all :D

(I am a master of run-on sentences, none can defeat me.)
I think a glasses vanity would be better. 2 lenses + 1 silver bar.

Back
Top Bottom