• Unsure.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Could use a lot more work.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
I think I've decided to maybe make these a VERY hard to get, late game armour
[DOUBLEPOST=1422401392][/DOUBLEPOST]@Hero of Terra I need to find out how many times you've like my posts, cause it seems you've liked them the most, lol

Ok! I'm back, and I have new sprites, and crafting recipes for them along with all the different stats! hope you like them :) (ps: I have decided that these will not have class specific bonuses)

(I know that the Pure Hallowed armour and Pure Underworld? armour don't look like the normal ones, thats because I based the colour scheme off of the biome chests)

Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 10.10.20 PM.png

The squarish things at the bottom are pure pieces

STATS

1: PURE SHADOW (high speed)

chest plate: +25% increased melee damage, crit chance +20% increased movement and melee speed; 30 defence

greaves : +35% increased movement , melee speed; 20 defence

helm : +15% increased melee and movement and melee speed +15% melee damage, crit chance; 20 defence

TOTAL : +70% increased melee and movement speed, +40% increased melee damage, crit chance; 70 defence

2: PURE CRIMSON (high damage)

chest plate: +35% increased melee damage and crit chance; 30 defence

greaves : +25% increased movement and melee speed, +20% increased melee damage and crit chance; 20 defence

helm : +15% increased melee damage and crit chance, +15% increased melee and movement speed; 20 defence

TOTAL : +70% increased melee damage, crit chance, +40% increased melee and movement speed; 70 defence

3: PURE HALLOW (high defence)

chest plate: +30% increased all damage and crit chance; 35 defence

greaves : +30% increased movement and melee speed, +10% increased all damage and crit chance; 25 defence

helm : +10% increased all damage and crit chance, +20% increased melee and movement speed; 25 defence

TOTAL : +50% increased all damage, crit chance, +50% increased melee and movement speed; 85 defence

4: PURE UNDERWORLD (Balanced?)

chest plate: +30% increased all damage and crit chance, +10% increased melee and movement speed; 30 defence

greaves : +30% increased movement and melee speed, +15% increased all damage and crit chance; 25 defence

helm : +15% increased all damage and crit chance, +20% increased melee and movement speed; 25 defence

TOTAL : +60% increased all damaged, crit chance, +60% increased melee and movement speed; 80 defence

CRAFTING

pure pieces drop from mobs in their respecting biome during a solar eclipse with a 1/500 drop chance (they're supposed to be rare._.)

chest plate: 35 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece, destroyer emblem

greaves : 25 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece, destroyer emblem

helm : 20 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece, destroyer emblem

TOTAL : 80 demonite bars, 3 pure corrupt pieces, 3 destroyer emblems

chest plate: 35 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece, destroyer emblem

greaves : 25 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece, destroyer emblem

helm : 20 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece, destroyer emblem

TOTAL : 80 crimtane bars, 3 pure crimson pieces, 3 destroyer emblems

chest plate: 35 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece, destroyer emblem

greaves : 25 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece, destroyer emblem

helm : 20 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece, destroyer emblem

TOTAL : 80 hallowed bars, 3 pure hallowed pieces, 3 destroyer emblems

chest plate: 35 hellstone bars, 1 pure underworld? piece, destroyer emblem

greaves : 25 hellstone bars, 1 pure underworld? piece, destroyer emblem

helm : 20 hellstone bars, 1 pure underworld? piece, destroyer emblem

TOTAL : 80 hellstone bars, 3 pure underworld? pieces, 3 destroyer emblems

PLEASE tell me if anything seems to OP or if you have any suggestions, I hope you liked them :)

Last edited:
Ok! I'm back, and I have new sprites, and crafting recipes for them along with all the different stats! hope you like them :) (ps: these are the melee versions I still have to sprite and make the stats for the others..)

(I know that the Pure Hallowed armour doesn't look like the normal one, thats because I based the colour scheme off of the biome chests)

View attachment 24703

STATS

chest plate: +25% increased melee damage, crit chance +20% increased movement and melee speed; 30 defence

greaves : +35% increased movement , melee speed; 25 defence

helm : +15% increased melee and movement and melee speed +15% melee damage, crit chance; 25 defence

TOTAL : +70% increased melee and movement speed, +40% increased melee damage, crit chance; 80 defence

greaves : +25% increased movement and melee speed, +20% increased melee damage and crit chance; 25 defence

helm : +15% increased melee damage and crit chance, +15% increased melee and movement speed; 25 defence

TOTAL : +70% increased melee damage, crit chance, +40% increased melee and movement speed; 80 defence

chest plate: +30% increased melee damage and crit chance; 40 defence

greaves : +30% increased movement and melee speed, +10% increased melee damage and crit chance; 30 defence

helm : +10% increased melee damage and crit chance, +20% increased melee and movement speed; 30 defence

TOTAL : +50% increased melee damage, crit chance, +50% increased melee and movement speed; 100 defence

CRAFTING

can craft 1 key mold into 1 pure piece (everything is crafted at a mythril/orichalcum anvil)

chest plate: 35 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece

greaves : 25 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece

helm : 20 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece

TOTAL : 80 demonite bars, 3 pure corrupt pieces

chest plate: 35 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece

greaves : 25 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece

helm : 20 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece

TOTAL : 80 crimtane bars, 3 pure crimson pieces

chest plate: 35 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece

greaves : 25 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece

helm : 20 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece

TOTAL : 80 hallowed bars, 3 pure hallowed pieces

PLEASE tell me if anything seems to OP or if you have any suggestions, I hope you liked them :)

It's like a billion times better then the last one! But dude that defence OP!

Ok! I'm back, and I have new sprites, and crafting recipes for them along with all the different stats! hope you like them :) (ps: these are the melee versions I still have to sprite and make the stats for the others..)

(I know that the Pure Hallowed armour doesn't look like the normal one, thats because I based the colour scheme off of the biome chests)

View attachment 24703

STATS

greaves : +35% increased movement , melee speed; 25 defence

helm : +15% increased melee and movement and melee speed +15% melee damage, crit chance; 25 defence

TOTAL : +70% increased melee and movement speed, +40% increased melee damage, crit chance; 80 defence

greaves : +25% increased movement and melee speed, +20% increased melee damage and crit chance; 25 defence

helm : +15% increased melee damage and crit chance, +15% increased melee and movement speed; 25 defence

TOTAL : +70% increased melee damage, crit chance, +40% increased melee and movement speed; 80 defence

chest plate: +30% increased melee damage and crit chance; 40 defence

greaves : +30% increased movement and melee speed, +10% increased melee damage and crit chance; 30 defence

helm : +10% increased melee damage and crit chance, +20% increased melee and movement speed; 30 defence

TOTAL : +50% increased melee damage, crit chance, +50% increased melee and movement speed; 100 defence

CRAFTING

can craft 1 key mold into 1 pure piece (everything is crafted at a mythril/orichalcum anvil)

chest plate: 35 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece

greaves : 25 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece

helm : 20 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece

TOTAL : 80 demonite bars, 3 pure corrupt pieces

chest plate: 35 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece

greaves : 25 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece

helm : 20 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece

TOTAL : 80 crimtane bars, 3 pure crimson pieces

chest plate: 35 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece

greaves : 25 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece

helm : 20 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece

TOTAL : 80 hallowed bars, 3 pure hallowed pieces

Absolutely amazing and I love it! You should include ranged and magic helmets as well, and maybe combining all 3 into Gaea (Terra) armor.

It's like a billion times better then the last one! But dude that defence OP!
Absolutely amazing and I love it! You should include ranged and magic helmets as well, and maybe combining all 3 into Gaea (Terra) armor.
Thnx guys! and the reason I made the defence so high is because some of the materials are relatively hard to get, also I do like the Idea of combining them to create Terra armour, and I was thinking of creating an armour for the Jungle, and combine maybe the corruption armour and the crimson armours to make an Underworld armour and combine the jungle armour and the hallowed armour to make the terra armour? also I might make swords for these (excluding the nights edge, terra blade and excalibur)

The sprites are nice... but the armor is far too powerful, extremely hard to obtain, and not really interesting in general. Most endgame armors give some kind of interesting set bonus, but yours just gives the player extremely high stats.
Thanx for mentioning that! I forgot to give hem set bonuses, lol

Thanx for mentioning that! I forgot to give hem set bonuses, lol
Also, you should update the main post of this thread (and your pet thread too) with the new update, just so people know its actually a cool suggestion :p As for Terra armor, here's a few ideas.

#1 Armor for each keymold biome with different class helmets, combine all 5 to make Gaea Armor

#2 Corruption/Crimson is melee set, Snow is Summoner set, Jungle is Ranged set, Hallow is Magic set, combine them all to make classless Terra Armor

#3 Same as #1, but Gaea armor is classless rather then 4 different class helmets.

The sprites are nice... but the armor is far too powerful, extremely hard to obtain, and not really interesting in general. Most endgame armors give some kind of interesting set bonus, but yours just gives the player extremely high stats.
i actually miss the old set bonuses, the ones that just gave better stats. i've been wanting something like that for the endgame, and this is great!

something that I've wanted for a while is an Under world biome chest, and I've made a post about that before but it kind of died away.. anyways I'll make some sprites for that and the weapon but, I brought this up because I'm updating the armours and am adding an Underworld armour right now. I've also lowered the defences a little

Last edited:
I am currently working on the swords for these armours, I'm done 3 of (currently) 4, I am also going to make magic weapons and ranged weapons (ps: so far the swords look pretty badass) ;)

Last edited:
I'd have to wait to see what 1.3 holds before I'd think these are needed. The sprites direct to an error page, so I can't comment on them.

Basically, as it sits with the key mold requirements, the armors are post-Plantera but can be acquired pre-Golem but have better stats than post-Golem Armors. All one would have to do is beat Plantera and grind hours in various biomes... It completely short circuits current progression. There would be no point to getting Turtle, Beetle, or Shroomite Armors.

I am totally not down with requiring key molds to craft the armors. I've been playing 600+ hours and have only found 3 molds. So, unless the molds get a massive boost in drop rate, these armors could be, functionally, unobtainable for some players.

I think the total defense of the armors should be in the 30-60 range. I also think the set bonus needs some kind of trade off.

Shadow Set Bonus: When player is stationary: +90% crit chance, +250% crit damage.

Crimson Set Bonus: Bleeding [no regen], Vampirism [Wearer is healed every time they damage an enemy. Healing is at 1/10th damage, to a max of 30 per hit] (Stacks with Vampire Knives)

Hallow Set Bonus: Illumiated [gives off light like a white torch], Favored [much more likely to be targeted by enemies], Blessed [Wearer's total defense x3 for 3 seconds after taking damage]

It also doesn't make sense, progression wise, to make them a post Plantera armor. If you want them to be reasonably hard to acquire you could have a large amount of Pre/mid mechanical boss drops are part of the recipe. Like requiring 100/150 Icor, Cursed Flames, or Unicorn Horns for each piece. There could be a new item drop, Like a Broken Armor Shard as a Solar Eclipse only drop, like the broken sword. Or, even more daunting, Have some special Biome Shard only dropped in that biome during an Eclipse.

If you insist on them having defense better than Beetle Armor you could just use Demonite, Crimtane, or Hallow bars and a single destroyer emblem per piece. [Though I'm not aware of any armors requiring accessories to forge them]

And the swords are done!! Hope you guys like 'em!
(btw I need names for these, so suggestions would help a lot!)
another thing, should I add auras (glow) to these?

Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 11.08.50 PM.png

1: 'Pure Corruption sword'
80 damage, 5 knockback, very fast speed
50 demonite bars, 1 pure corruption piece, 10 cursed flames, 1 destroyer emblem
(causes cursed inferno on attack)
(auto swing)

2: 'Pure Crimson sword'
90 damage, 6 knockback, fast speed
50 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece, 10 ichor, 1 destroyer emblem
(inflicts ichor on attack)
(auto swing)

3: 'Pure Hallowed sword'
80 damage, 8 knockback, average speed
50 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece, 10 crystal shards, 1 destroyer emblem
(causes slow on attack)
(auto swing)

4: 'Pure Underworld sword'
85 damage, 7 knockback, fast speed
50 hellstone bars, 1 pure underworld piece, 10 obsidian, 1 destroyer emblem
(causes on fire! on attack)
(auto swing)

As always (constructive) feedback is always welcome, and please tell me if these seem to OP! hope you liked 'em!
[DOUBLEPOST=1422509584][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd have to wait to see what 1.3 holds before I'd think these are needed. The sprites direct to an error page, so I can't comment on them.

Basically, as it sits with the key mold requirements, the armors are post-Plantera but can be acquired pre-Golem but have better stats than post-Golem Armors. All one would have to do is beat Plantera and grind hours in various biomes... It completely short circuits current progression. There would be no point to getting Turtle, Beetle, or Shroomite Armors.

I am totally not down with requiring key molds to craft the armors. I've been playing 600+ hours and have only found 3 molds. So, unless the molds get a massive boost in drop rate, these armors could be, functionally, unobtainable for some players.

I think the total defense of the armors should be in the 30-60 range. I also think the set bonus needs some kind of trade off.

Shadow Set Bonus: When player is stationary: +90% crit chance, +250% crit damage.

Crimson Set Bonus: Bleeding [no regen], Vampirism [Wearer is healed every time they damage an enemy. Healing is at 1/10th damage, to a max of 30 per hit] (Stacks with Vampire Knives)

Hallow Set Bonus: Illumiated [gives off light like a white torch], Favored [much more likely to be targeted by enemies], Blessed [Wearer's total defense x3 for 3 seconds after taking damage]

It also doesn't make sense, progression wise, to make them a post Plantera armor. If you want them to be reasonably hard to acquire you could have a large amount of Pre/mid mechanical boss drops are part of the recipe. Like requiring 100/150 Icor, Cursed Flames, or Unicorn Horns for each piece. There could be a new item drop, Like a Broken Armor Shard as a Solar Eclipse only drop, like the broken sword. Or, even more daunting, Have some special Biome Shard only dropped in that biome during an Eclipse.

If you insist on them having defense better than Beetle Armor you could just use Demonite, Crimtane, or Hallow bars and a single destroyer emblem per piece. [Though I'm not aware of any armors requiring accessories to forge them]
thanks for the feed back! as I do want them to be very late game armours I will try to find a way to balance them, I also do like you're idea to have the shards actually drop from mobs during the solar eclipse :) and (if its ok with you) I will add a destroyer emblem to each recepie

Last edited:
looks great! however, i dont like how the corruption sword ends in a fork, i'd prefer it to have a single point at the end. also, both the swords and the armor might look better if they were darkened, except for the hallowed stuff. other than that, pretty cool! and yes, auras or glows would be great. for the corruption sword, maybe make it so it has the afterimage of shadow armor when you swing it.

And the swords are done!! Hope you guys like 'em!
(btw I need names for these, so suggestions would help a lot!)
another thing, should I add auras (glow) to these?

View attachment 24905

1: 'Pure Corruption sword'
80 damage, 5 knockback, very fast speed
50 demonite bars, 1 pure corruption piece, 10 cursed flames, 1 destroyer emblem
(causes cursed inferno on attack)
(auto swing)

2: 'Pure Crimson sword'
90 damage, 6 knockback, fast speed
50 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece, 10 ichor, 1 destroyer emblem
(inflicts ichor on attack)
(auto swing)

3: 'Pure Hallowed sword'
80 damage, 8 knockback, average speed
50 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece, 10 crystal shards, 1 destroyer emblem
(causes slow on attack)
(auto swing)

4: 'Pure Underworld sword'
85 damage, 7 knockback, fast speed
50 hellstone bars, 1 pure underworld piece, 10 obsidian, 1 destroyer emblem
(causes on fire! on attack)
(auto swing)

As always (constructive) feedback is always welcome, and please tell me if these seem to OP! hope you liked 'em!
[DOUBLEPOST=1422509584][/DOUBLEPOST]
thanks for the feed back! as I do want them to be very late game armours I will try to find a way to balance them, I also do like you're idea to have the shards actually drop from mobs during the solar eclipse :) and (if its ok with you) I will add a destroyer emblem to each recepie

Destroyer Emblem is just more grinding from an earlier part of the game, I'd remove it :p Not a huge fan of the swords, we've already got the True Night's Edge, True Excalibur, and (hopefully) True Wrath of the Gods, the only thing that would need to be added would be an Underworld sword, which should probably be on the same tier as the other 3. (Rare mob drop/craft from a post-plantera underworld). I'm still gonna stand by my earlier ideas, and as I said, you should probably organize all this and add it to the main post.

looks great! however, i dont like how the corruption sword ends in a fork, i'd prefer it to have a single point at the end. also, both the swords and the armor might look better if they were darkened, except for the hallowed stuff. other than that, pretty cool! and yes, auras or glows would be great. for the corruption sword, maybe make it so it has the afterimage of shadow armor when you swing it.
I could try to darken the crimson and corruption swords and the reason the corruption sword ends like that is just to add a bit of variety between the sprites
[DOUBLEPOST=1422510558][/DOUBLEPOST]I added the destroyer emblem because as @OmniusMortus said they'd be available before golem without them, and the reason I added these swords was because I'm going to try to make them combine to make the Pure Terra Blade, same with the armours, and the pure terra blade will have higher stats than the original one, it will also require the original one in the recipe. also the reddish orange and purple is an underworld sword

Last edited:

Sure, use away. :merchanthappy:

I could try to darken the crimson and corruption swords and the reason the corruption sword ends like that is just to add a bit of variety between the sprites
[DOUBLEPOST=1422510558][/DOUBLEPOST]I added the destroyer emblem because as @OmniusMortus said they'd be available before golem without them, and the reason I added these swords was because I'm going to try to make them combine to make the Pure Terra Blade, same with the armours, and the pure terra blade will have higher stats than the original one, it will also require the original one in the recipe. also the reddish orange and purple is an underworld sword
Ah, I understand. Sounds pretty cool! Should probably have a different name though so people don't think its just another True Terra Blade, here's some ideas:

Armor: Terra Armor, Gaea Armor, Purity Armor, Hero's Armor

Sword: Gaea, Purifier, Terra's Wrath, Will of Terra

Back
Top Bottom