How to determine which class is right for you

leechheart

Skeletron Prime
Many players don't know what class they want to be in, or which one is best for themselves. This guide will be a brief way to determine which class is best for you. Luckily you really don't need to choose a class until hardmode.

The 4 major classes, melee/tank, ranger, mage, and summoner vary greatly. There are qualities of each class that will determine which is best for you. Let's begin

If you are good at aiming, then ranged and mage would be recommended. If not, summoner and melee would be recommended
If you are a good dodger, then Summoner be highly recommended. Melee is good whether you are good or bad at dodging.
Doing multiple things at once is key for Mages and Summoners.
Summoners MUST be willing to use mounts instead of wings in order to keep the minion capacity at max
Rangers must be patient in the Post-Plantera phase of the game as Shroomite armor takes a lot of time to get
If you enjoy power, Mage and Summoner is for you.
If you play Melee multiplayer you must be willing to sacrifice yourself for the team
If you are someone who enjoys having things following you Summoner is recommended, and Mage is not
Summoner armor is generally less time-consuming yet harder to get than the other classes
Mages and Rangers have to deal with getting knocked around, as they likely will not have room for a shield in their accessories. Melee and Summoner it is almost required to have a shield.

That is the end of my list. If you have any more suggestions for other new players comment and I will post them below.

I use shield in EVERY playthrough, even if I sacrifice a slot for an emblem. In my Destroyer fight, I wanted to maximize dmg so I decided to pick emblem. I died because he emerged between my honey pool and me.

For Summoner, I'd argue against using a Mount because 1. it's very difficult to get a good mount (the best one pre-Plantera is the Honeyed Goggles), 2. you NEED Lightning or Frostspark Boots so you can run fast, and 3. a Shield of Cthulhu, Tabi, or Master Ninja Gear is necessary for quick dodges of bosses like Skeletron Prime and Plantera.

For Summoner, I'd argue against using a Mount because 1. it's very difficult to get a good mount (the best one pre-Plantera is the Honeyed Goggles), 2. you NEED Lightning or Frostspark Boots so you can run fast, and 3. a Shield of Cthulhu, Tabi, or Master Ninja Gear is necessary for quick dodges of bosses like Skeletron Prime and Plantera.
1. The best pre-plantera mount is the Pigron, arguably the best in the game.
2. The Pigron runs faster than frostspark
3. It's really easy to dodge, all you have to do is move up and down.

1. The best pre-plantera mount is the Pigron, arguably the best in the game.
2. The Pigron runs faster than frostspark
3. It's really easy to dodge, all you have to do is move up and down.
I'll have to get me a pigron, but wouldn't something with infinite flight be better?

True, but you can use a more powerful weapon from the back of Either, and that's a small price to pay for no fall damage and flight.
[doublepost=1530229714,1530229687][/doublepost]And i think we can both agree, pigron is better than both.

Nope, pigron for it's huge flight height, no fall damage, and fast running speed.

Also, we should probably make a new thread about this.
[doublepost=1530232859,1530232661][/doublepost]Alright, i made a new thread on the crossroads.

i dont think theres like a class for you am doing a ranger class right now but i wasnt good at aiming at the start but as time passes your aim will get better same goes for mages am not saying that youre tips are bad am just saying my opinion

Why have any classes at all when Ranged is so OP?

The only time it isn't the most OP class is post-Moon Lord, but that's just post-game, so it doesn't count.

Back
Top Bottom