Items Ideas for more Strange dyes

I've always favored the color green as a first choice among every other color aside from black, but the Strange Plant dyes that are themed green don't really shine and combine with other dyes compared to the other colors (come on, don't tell me you don't agree that the orange themed dyes are epic and work with almost everything), so I'm gonna suggest a few dyes and how they look. Sadly I don't know how to sprite so I'll just leave descriptions for them. Also I don't know many color shades so I'm just gonna put the name of an object that has a similar color to what I'm thinking of.
This isn't all the dyes i'm thinking of, so I'll just add more to the list over time.
Biome dyes
-Corrupted Evil dye: a dye which color is mainly... whatever shade the EoW's body is. These have a chance to be obtained once the EoW is defeated. Like with dyes like the Chlorophyte dye, certain areas will be colored a shade of purple similar to that of Shadow Orbs, and the dye will regularly give off "corruption dust" particles (don't worry these are only for show) and will sometimes pulse.
-Crimson Gore dye: like the Corrupted Evil dye, this dye is based off the environment of the Crimson and is has a chance to be obtained after the BoC has been defeated. This also colors equipment similar to the Chlorophyte dye; most saturated parts are bright blood red, saturated parts are bone white, and least saturated parts are pale red. This dye makes drops of blood fall from the equipment as well, and pulses regularly (like a heart beat).
-Cursed Corruption dye: the hardmode variant of the Corrupted evil dye. Can be crafted with 3 Corrupted Evil dyes, a single cursed flame, 2 souls of night and 3 vile mushrooms. This dye gives a cursed flame green "hades" effect that can be seen in the dark to the piece, and the palette in the order of most to least saturated is now: Cursed flame green (can be seen in the dark), Shadow Orb purple, Pale purple, and Black. Instead of Corruption dust, the dye gives off Cursed Embers which can light up your surroundings (albeit not that much, but is better compared to martian dye. The embers are similar to those the Molten Armor gives off, but can be released while standing still and are not generated that often).
-God Blood dye: the hardmode variant of the Crimson Gore dye, Crafted with 3 pieces of it, a single drop of ichor, 2 souls of night and 3 vicious mushrooms. Gives off an ichor yellow dripping effect like that of the gel dyes. Saturation Palette from most to least is: Ichor yellow (can be seen in the dark), Blood red, Bone white, and Pale red. Regularly drips Ichor that stay on the ground for a while (can also be used to light up surroundings, and is similarly better than the martian dye in terms of visibility in darkness).
Other strange dyes + Suggested changes to current dyes
-Vortex dye: now gives a color palette similar to that of storm divers and the vortex armor. The vortex green parts are very visible in the dark, and act as mini sources of
light. Also gives off small particles that are vortex green and look like vortex fragments and give off vortex green light.
-Solar dye: gives off particles identical in shape and color to solar fragments, and gives off a similarly colored light
-Nebula dye: along with its current effect, now acts like the living dyes; color shifts between it's current color, deep purple, and blue. all 3 can appear at the same time. also gives off particles akin to its celestial fragment, which does the same thing as the other dyes do.
-Stardust dye: now also has gold in its palette. gives off light particles akin to its celestial fragment.
~All the lunar dyes could simply glow in the dark instead of releasing glowing particles.​
-Cursed Flame Hades dye: can be obtained once hardmode is reached. Is essentially a hades dye but in cursed flame green and cannot be obtained in Crimson worlds. I'll be honest I'm kinda surprised why this hasn't been added yet xD
-Ichor Hades Dye: like the Cursed Flame hades dye, is essentially a hades dye but in Ichor yellow and is restricted to Crimson worlds.
-Chlorophyte dye: the glow-in-darkness effect is stronger
-Ice dye: gives equipment the color palette of frost armor (suggested by
InstaFiz)
-Frost Hades dye: color shifts between white and shades of ice blue and cyan, with a matching hades effect (suggested by TerrarianGamer0527)
-Stone dye: you look like a statue with it (idea by TerrarianGamer0527)
-Biome dye: acts like the biome hair dye.

Last edited:
chill bro. i'm still cooling off from my hoik rage sorry not sorry lmao xD. in all seriousness though, ice dye sounds like a nice idea. kinda hard to think as to what it would do though

Frost Hades Dye.
Stone Dye (You look like a statue using it).
Light Dye (You look like to be emitting a very strong, dazzling light that is totally white).
Ore Dyes, various.

Back
Top Bottom