tModLoader Infinity

Hey Lolkat, would you be okay with releasing the source code? (Or atleast provide me with it :p) As I would like to try adding some stuff to it myself and perhaps learn a bit in the process! If I'm successful, I can send you the updated mod if you'd like!
There isn't much to the source other than default items with consumable set to false, but I still wouldn't like to publicly release the source. I still plan on updating it some more, but it's exam times so work is heavy right now.

For if/when you update Infinity again, I'd like to make note that the endless ammo items included in the base game are crafted at the Crystal Ball. The items in this mod should really be crafted there as well, because being able to get endless pre-Hardmode arrows within ten minutes is kinda broken.

...though, I suppose one could argue that, if you have enough money or resources to get four stacks of an ammo type, you probably don't have much to call ammo woes in the first place, but the point still stands. But for consistency's sake, the endless items should be crafted at the Crystal Ball.

For if/when you update Infinity again, I'd like to make note that the endless ammo items included in the base game are crafted at the Crystal Ball. The items in this mod should really be crafted there as well, because being able to get endless pre-Hardmode arrows within ten minutes is kinda broken.

...though, I suppose one could argue that, if you have enough money or resources to get four stacks of an ammo type, you probably don't have much to call ammo woes in the first place, but the point still stands. But for consistency's sake, the endless items should be crafted at the Crystal Ball.
I'm going to update the mod again, and yeah, I should make them craftable at a Crystal Ball, and probably will for the next update. I'm working on another mod right now because I lost motivation to work on this one for the time being.

Found motivation, fixed up some graphics and made most things craftable at the Crystal Ball now, minus a few.

Last edited:
I don't really know how I feel about everything being made at a crystal ball. I think it's fine the way it was, since this mod is mainly convenience.
Also, it largely defeats the purpose of having any infinite items weaker than cursed/ichor whatsoever. At least TModLoader doesn't force us to update the mods.

I don't really know how I feel about everything being made at a crystal ball. I think it's fine the way it was, since this mod is mainly convenience.
Also, it largely defeats the purpose of having any infinite items weaker than cursed/ichor whatsoever. At least TModLoader doesn't force us to update the mods.
Eh, I mainly say it should be purely for consistency's sake. As I also said, if you can get four stacks of a given ammo type, you probably have effectively infinite ammo anyway, but it's also very difficult to adequately balance 'infinite' items.

That said, regarding your point of 'it defeating the point of having any infinite items weaker than Hardmode arrows', this actually isn't true because it's far easier to get pre-Hardmode arrows. And Unholy, Hellfire, and Jester's Arrows are still pretty good even in Hardmode.

Eh, I mainly say it should be purely for consistency's sake. As I also said, if you can get four stacks of a given ammo type, you probably have effectively infinite ammo anyway, but it's also very difficult to adequately balance 'infinite' items.

That said, regarding your point of 'it defeating the point of having any infinite items weaker than Hardmode arrows', this actually isn't true because it's far easier to get pre-Hardmode arrows. And Unholy, Hellfire, and Jester's Arrows are still pretty good even in Hardmode.
I suppose, but it makes little things like the flaming and frostburn ones pointless. Not only that, but, say, if I wanted a bunch of silver bullets, I would either have to wait for blood moons all the time or use way too many resources forcing them with other mods.
Also, the infinite bomb is extremely useful pre-hardmode, since it saves so much hassle going back to the demolitionist over and over for bombs to block off the corruption.

I suppose, but it makes little things like the flaming and frostburn ones pointless.
Also, the infinite bomb is extremely useful pre-hardmode, since it saves so much hassle going back to the demolitionist over and over for bombs to block off the corruption.
Eh, maybe the easier ones could just be done with a work bench.

As for the bombs, well, honestly, 4 stacks of bombs is more than you'll generally need for pretty much anything, so I'd say that's probably a fair 'any time' one.

Eh, maybe the easier ones could just be done with a work bench.

As for the bombs, well, honestly, 4 stacks of bombs is more than you'll generally need for pretty much anything, so I'd say that's probably a fair 'any time' one.
Is it four stacks now? When I made it, it was 999, which was 10 stacks. Either way, you end up needing way more than 4 stacks.
Other than that, I feel like the standard infinite musket ball should be craftable earlier, maybe the silver ones too.

Is it four stacks now? When I made it, it was 999, which was 10 stacks. Either way, you end up needing way more than 4 stacks.
Other than that, I feel like the standard infinite musket ball should be craftable earlier, maybe the silver ones too.
Alright, I like some of the points you made.
First, your statement about the progression is definitely something I overlooked. I probably will make the silver/normal craftable at a Tinkerer's Workshop, alongside most pre hardmode arrows (Unholy, Flaming, Wooden, Jester's, Hellfire). I may even make some craftable at a workbench (For that early merchant flaming arrow rush I suppose?) I'll most likely change that right away, thank you for your input.

EDIT: Fast action, I set the pre-hardmode arrows and bullets to the tinkerer's workshop.
Jester's, Hellfire, Flaming, Bone, and Unholy arrows, along with Silver and Meteor bullets. I'll probably change the default ones once I figure out how to change vanilla recipes.
Currently out on the mod browser, will upload to forums on request.

Last edited:
Alright, I like some of the points you made.
First, your statement about the progression is definitely something I overlooked. I probably will make the silver/normal craftable at a Tinkerer's Workshop, alongside most pre hardmode arrows (Unholy, Flaming, Wooden, Jester's, Hellfire). I may even make some craftable at a workbench (For that early merchant flaming arrow rush I suppose?) I'll most likely change that right away, thank you for your input.

EDIT: Fast action, I set the pre-hardmode arrows and bullets to the tinkerer's workshop.
Jester's, Hellfire, Flaming, Bone, and Unholy arrows, along with Silver and Meteor bullets. I'll probably change the default ones once I figure out how to change vanilla recipes.
Currently out on the mod browser, will upload to forums on request.
First of all, thanks for the consideration on rebalancing the crafting stations. Early-game ammo will be very happy ^-^
Second, worst case, you could add another identical item to the infinite musket pouch that's made at a different station instead. I don't know what's easier or more convenient and stuff, but it's a potential workaround.
Third, if you wanted to try to limit the rate of obtaining new infinite items in a more fitting progression-based way, you could add a new crafting station that serves to make regular items infinite that can get upgraded by newer items as you get them. For example, you could make the base one which might make regular bullets and flaming/frostburn arrows into infinite versions, then upgrade it with a drop from the EoC to include more like silver bullets and jester's arrows, then another from the EoW/BoC to include meteor shots and unholy arrows, etc.

First of all, thanks for the consideration on rebalancing the crafting stations. Early-game ammo will be very happy ^-^
Second, worst case, you could add another identical item to the infinite musket pouch that's made at a different station instead. I don't know what's easier or more convenient and stuff, but it's a potential workaround.
Third, if you wanted to try to limit the rate of obtaining new infinite items in a more fitting progression-based way, you could add a new crafting station that serves to make regular items infinite that can get upgraded by newer items as you get them. For example, you could make the base one which might make regular bullets and flaming/frostburn arrows into infinite versions, then upgrade it with a drop from the EoC to include more like silver bullets and jester's arrows, then another from the EoW/BoC to include meteor shots and unholy arrows, etc.
I'll probably end up just making an identical item, it'd be a whole lot easier. And I don't know if I want to do something like that, seems a bit overkill. You have access to the station at the start, and the rest of the progression handles itself. Thank you for the suggestion though, once again.

For some reason, the Endless Javelin damages my character when I use it.
Oops, I think I might know what happened, give me a moment.

All fixed now, up on the mod browser. If you need me to, I'll upload it to the forums.

Oops, I think I might know what happened, give me a moment.

All fixed now, up on the mod browser. If you need me to, I'll upload it to the forums.

Thanks for the update/fix. It would've been pretty funny to not test it before I use it in a fight and die before I even get hit by an enemy. `:happy:

Back
Top Bottom