tModLoader Intrinsics - Bind equipment and buffs to players permanently

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by hamstar, Jun 12, 2019.

1. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

[​IMG]
    Intrinsics
    v1.0.0.2

Requires Mod Helpers

Allows binding items permanently to players without consuming inventory or equipment slots (by way of API, commands, or the Impartment Contract item). Bound items will always be in effect for the player. Configurable.

To acquire Impartment Contracts, you must find the Wandering Ghost NPC. He rarely spawns in the underground, and will accept rare item trades for Contract Tatters (talk to him for hints). You can craft 3 tatters into 1 Blank Contract, and then drag and drop an item onto it to craft an Impartment Contact, which may be used freely.

Source available. API available (also applied as Mod.Call bindings). Config settings here.

This is still beta. Future plans:
    • Information accessories
    • Summon items
    • More API/commands

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019 at 6:04 PM
  2. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019 at 6:04 PM
  3. Purple Flames

Purple Flames Terrarian

im not sure why but the wandering ghost dude wont accept any items off me. i have tried lots of different rare weapons but no dice. is there specific items you have to give him in order to for him to trade?

4. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

This is the exact list (configurable): hamstar0/tml-intrinsics-mod

5. Magic_Gonads

Magic_Gonads Golem

Is there any way to allow a debug for removing intrinsics?
    I added an item but it didn't behave as I expected and I notice there isn't any config or command I'm aware of that lets me remove them.

I understand they're meant to be permanent but it is rather annoying to have no way to walk them back especially if in the future there's a missing item or the item changes behaviours due to an update.

If you wanna know about the item itself, It is of course my fault. I added an item from ExperienceAndClasses (one of the class tokens) but forgot about the fact that if you have more than one the effective level gets halved (and they seem to have removed the ability for me to disable that feature in the configs), so I'm now permanently cursed with the fact I have intrinsic the first and mostly useless class token.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 14, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 14, 2019 ---
    Unrelated to above, When I talk to the ghost NPC and enter the submit rare items dialogue, the box for submitting items doesn't go away even if I exit the menu/close my inventory by pressing esc, it only goes away once I get far enough away from the NPC.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 14, 2019 ---
    EDIT: I am silly for not checking the source/API
    I was only looking at what was contained here and in the configs generated in the ModLoader folder
    You did in fact put a command to remove intrinsics in the source

6. Magic_Gonads

Magic_Gonads Golem

However I'm having trouble using the command /intrinsic-remove Class Token: Novice (Tier 1)
    doesn't seem to understand what I'm asking it to do with or without quotes surrounding the item name, simply says it's an invalid item name.

7. Magic_Gonads

Magic_Gonads Golem

I can't use the mod helpers /mh-get-item-id "Class Token: Novice (Tier 1)" either

This is likely something to do with that item not being referencable by that string despite that being the true name of the item, how would I find what that item actually is in the form that can be referenced by the command?

8. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

I'll try working out another solution. Mod items should work, so that seems a bit odd to me.

9. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

v0.9.2 now allows for using "proper" item ids, which are either "Terraria.123" for vanilla items (with the number being their item id), or else "Stamina.EnergyPotionItem", where the "Stamina" is the (internal) mod name, and "EnergyPotionItem" is the internal item name of the mod. You may have to see the source code of a mod to know it's internal item names, though I'm sure there's other ways (none come to mind offhand).

Alternatively, you can simply click the items in the dialog UI list, and it will toggle their enabled state.

10. Sapharan

Sapharan Golem

If i bind bind an and accesory that has an effect (for example +4% damage) and then bind an accesorry that was made from it and inherits the same effect, do they stack?

11. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

They might. I haven't gotten to use this mod in a playthrough yet. I'll try to think of a way to prevent this, if so.

12. Kittenfang

Kittenfang Terrarian

Hi, Hamstar. The spirit spawns fine, but the intrinsic papers seem to be useless, even on items shown in the demo above. What the frick?

13. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

Are you following the above instructions? Did you drag and drop your intended item onto the Blank Contract item and then nothing happens?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  14. Kittenfang

Kittenfang Terrarian

Mhm.

15. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

I'm unable to replicate this issue. Can you give me any more information? Does your Logs.txt file report anything?

16. Kittenfang

Kittenfang Terrarian

I'm playing with overhaul and thorium. That should help. Where is the logs.txt? I forget...

17. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs

18. Kittenfang

Kittenfang Terrarian

Nothing changes in the log when i do anything. I don't think the items are interacting at all.

19. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

What items are you using?

20. Kittenfang

Kittenfang Terrarian

trying to use mining potion and builder potion. i tried to use The Ring(literally The Ring) from thorium first None of them have worked so far.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 17, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 17, 2019 ---
    Would you rather discuss in something like discord? it should be faster.