Is there a quicker way to clear large amounts of lava other than...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but then you have to recollect the sand. With actuators you just deactuate the blocks, let more lava flow in, and repeat.

Decent ideas. A suggestion I made on the subreddit recently was to make the Heat Ray destroy water blocks.

Well, depending on how close you are to the Underworld you could just dig a tunnel and route it there. If you're looking for removal the good old bucket method is surprisingly quick.

I'm actually clearing the underworld itself of lava, more as an exploration of mechanics than something I need to do. Long story short, It's the world in which I learned to make liquid generators, and sections of my underworld are completely submerged in lava. Three guesses as to how it got there. :sigh:

Anyway, actuating a staggering amount of sand over large swaths of lava is - as far as I can tell - the best way to deal with a truly intimidating amount of lava.

If you're talking about your garden-variety natural lava lakes, the most efficient way to deal with those is to punch a hole through the bottom of the lake and drain it into either another lava lake or the underworld. Although over time that will result in underworld flooding as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom