• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

PC Issues with RGB support

Elite Robofrog

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have a Corsair k55 keyboard and whenever I boot up Terraria, instead of taking control of the lighting and changing it, it simply turns off my RGB. I know support was added for my brand of keyboard but I assume I just don't have the most recent model but it could also be a bug with the new support added.

My keyboard only has three-section lighting and from what I understand Terraria's lighting effects don't factor in the limited hardware so that may very well be the problem. However, I need a fix as it completely shuts off the lighting which makes it difficult at times to find certain keys in the middle of a boss fight.

Edit: I found a "fix" for it. Disabling SDK seems to restore my custom lighting, but I still can't access the RGB support for Terraria.

Last edited:

Elite Robofrog

Terrarian
I had an issue with the RGB lighting not working at all on my Corsair K68. Have you tried running the Game as Admin?
I have not, and I don't know how to do that, when I go to the .exe file it doesn't give me the option to run it as an admin. That could be because I have it through steam but I don't know. I did find a rough fix, I've edited it into my original post

Philthy_Phill

Terrarian
If you right click on the EXE, you should get a bunch of options, one of them will be run as Administrator, or you can go to properties for the EXE and select the Run as Admin in the compatibility section

Esmigalha

Terrarian
I have a Corsair k55 keyboard and whenever I boot up Terraria, instead of taking control of the lighting and changing it, it simply turns off my RGB. I know support was added for my brand of keyboard but I assume I just don't have the most recent model but it could also be a bug with the new support added.

My keyboard only has three-section lighting and from what I understand Terraria's lighting effects don't factor in the limited hardware so that may very well be the problem. However, I need a fix as it completely shuts off the lighting which makes it difficult at times to find certain keys in the middle of a boss fight.

Edit: I found a "fix" for it. Disabling SDK seems to restore my custom lighting, but I still can't access the RGB support for Terraria.
I had an issue with the RGB lighting not working at all on my Corsair K68. Have you tried running the Game as Admin?

I got you!

PC - [1.4.1.1] My keyboard lights go dead when I launch the game.

Top Bottom