Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone mentioned that evil seeds dropped by eye of cthulhu are completely useless?! What about replacing them with seeds of opposite evil?!
It isn't neccesary, you can get opposite evil seeds by building a house for Dryad in a Graveyard Biome, she will give you those opposite evil seeds ^^

It isn't neccesary, you can get opposite evil seeds by building a house for Dryad in a Graveyard Biome, she will give you those opposite evil seeds ^^
Yes. In hardmode. Why the heck even Eye of Cthulhu drops seeds? Why not Evil boss? With things like this it's better to grab corrupted stone/sand directly rather than tricking dryad in hardmode. So opposite evil will spread way controllable, predictable and simply already in places where your farm arena is. Really weird

I don't get what everyone's obsession with this pre-hardmode armor is, it's only useful of you want to focus on whips over summons, it's just a fun novelty armor.
If I, who sucks at this game, mind you, can use obsidian armor as far as golem, then I'm sure that someone actually good at this game could wipe out nearly, if not, anything

Yes. In hardmode. Why the heck even Eye of Cthulhu drops seeds? Why not Evil boss? With things like this it's better to grab corrupted stone/sand directly rather than tricking dryad in hardmode. So opposite evil will spread way controllable, predictable and simply already in places where your farm arena is. Really weird
Oh i see, i think you're right

What do you guys think about these items? Are they good as is? How often do you use them?

Tiger Climbing Gear
Shiny Stone
Philosophers Stone / Charm of Myths - personally i use this often, but it seems like not many people are a fan of it
Djinn's Curse - Is this fine as is, as leggings? I've barely used it. Would turning it into an accessory make it too strong?

What do you guys think about these items? Are they good as is? How often do you use them?

Tiger Climbing Gear
Shiny Stone
Philosophers Stone / Charm of Myths - personally i use this often, but it seems like not many people are a fan of it
Djinn's Curse - Is this fine as is, as leggings? I've barely used it. Would turning it into an accessory make it too strong?
Tiger Climbing Gear is meh, but there’s not much reason for it to be excellent. It’s just a basic mid-tree tinker, and anything you gave it would have to carry over to MNG which *doesn’t* need it.

Shiny Stone isn’t really a combat accessory, but it’s nice to have in the corner of your inventory for stuff like quick healing between Pillars. It could give slightly more regen while mobile, but that’s not neccesary.

Charm of Myths is great. Decent regen and lower potion cooldown is a very good defensive effect.

Djinn’s Curse sucks. It’s literally giving your leg slot and any set bonuses up for a Featherfall Potion bonus. I’d give it a lot more aerial movement booses, like some jump speed and flight time, but I’d keep it a pants item for the sake of armor depth.

Oh man, I forgot to mention this: Dark Artist armor doesn't have any mana bonus at all, and it's the only hardmode magic armor missing it (outside of Spectre Armor with Hood). I know you can just swap out and use the Hallowed Headgear or another helmet, but I don't think it's unreasonable to add 60 or so mana to the Dark Artist hat.

Edit: (Same for Apprentic armor)

Shiny Stone isn’t really a combat accessory, but it’s nice to have in the corner of your inventory for stuff like quick healing between Pillars. It could give slightly more regen while mobile, but that’s not neccesary.
Would a change like, increasing the health you get from healing potions by 10% / 20%, be too much?
I think this would be more fitting for the Charm of Myths, but that's already good as is.

Give Arctic Diving Gear a way to avoid the debuff that cold water does in Expert Mode, that would be pretty great!

Nobody uses the aquatic accessories, and that could be a good use for Arctic Diving Gear, being immune to cold water

Give Arctic Diving Gear a way to avoid the debuff that cold water does in Expert Mode, that would be pretty great!

Nobody uses the aquatic accessories, and that could be a good use for Arctic Diving Gear, being immune to cold water
It actually already does that! I just learned that last week (at least according to the wiki, haven't tried it in-game).

Maybe have the Merchant sell Unholy Arrows during Hardmode? The Arms Dealer already sells Silver/Tungsten Bullets in Hardmode. Why can't the Merchant do the equivalent?

Tiger Climbing Gear
Shiny Stone
Tiger gear - until I find at least blizzard in bottle
Shiny Stone - definitely OP in hardmode dungeon where you will need to keep full health by all means + quick health restore is always an option
Charm of Myths(not counting philosopher stone alone) - if you managed to learn quick swap this accessory will something like moon stone and it's combinations it will become as ultimate as soaring insignia
Djin's curse - real cringe you can't wear it in accessory slot + not worth even putting afford into obtaining it

Arms dealer already sells unholy arrows in hardmode and at night after evil boss kill, but moving this functionality to the merchant would make sense.
lol

I'm dumb, then.

Maybe reduce the cost of the anvils the Merchant sells? As is, buying an anvil from the Merchant is pretty much never worth it.

EDIT: Honestly, this is probably a dumb idea, so don't listen to it.

Last edited:
Because Ranger weapons on average aren't as strong as Summoner's damage output unless you minmax, and even then Ranger weapons tends to struggle with regular enemies compared to weapons from other classes.
But ranger can do damage to their enemies over 1 to 2 screens.However, summoner must be close to enemies to use whips although its defense is low.
Therefore it's necessary to nerf the defense of ranger.

Mmm, just remembered something.
I might've suggested this in the previous season of this thread, but I wanna put it out there again since it's almost closing time.

I appreciate that the game lets us have the option to craft Ancient Hallowed Armor for the old armor designs. But... it only has the same stats/set bonuses as the modern Hallowed Armor.
What're your thoughts on having the Ancient set retain the pre-1.4 set bonuses? While it might be a little unbalanced to (re-)add that many armor sets to the game and doing this would lose the ability to mix and match ancient/modern armor pieces, I feel like it would make sense to retain the old Hallowed Armor's legacy as the once-best armor in the game.
Maybe that's just me?

I appreciate that the game lets us have the option to craft Ancient Hallowed Armor for the old armor designs. But... it only has the same stats/set bonuses as the modern Hallowed Armor.
What're your thoughts on having the Ancient set retain the pre-1.4 set bonuses? While it might be a little unbalanced to (re-)add that many armor sets to the game and doing this would lose the ability to mix and match ancient/modern armor pieces, I feel like it would make sense to retain the old Hallowed Armor's legacy as the once-best armor in the game.
Maybe that's just me?
100% this, it's so strange to me that ancient hallowed armor doesn't do this already.

Tiger Climbing Gear
Shiny Stone
The main issue with Tiger Climbing Gear is that it is outclassed by any hook which is easily obtainable long before Tinkerer Workshop become available. Often even before one of climbing gear pieces is found. Hooks are just better in every way possible.

Probably something unique would make it more useful. Faster acceleration and deceleration (as if spikes would increase friction)? Or significantly higher rope climbing speed would help traversing long vertical shafts? Also, Suggestions forum section might already have some solution for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom