Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my lightning warmage design!
I was gonna try to make a pixel sprite as well, but I simply ran out of time lol. I went the whole length of this contest thinking I wasn't going to submit anything, just because I didn't think I'd win so what's the point blah blah, but a few hours ago I decided I should at least try, and have fun doing it! So here I am, submitting it minutes before the deadline after working as fast as I could for the last few hours. Whew.

lightning warmage.png

Head: A fluffy hat/ band with ski googles
Torso: An large coat that is a mix between traditional winter clothing in eastern asia and modern wool coats
Legs: Down Pants/ Boots in a similar style to the torso
Extra Notes: The entire outfit would be a similar neutral color throughout (i.e. white, beige, tan) with the patterns on the coat and other details being bright pops of color (i.e. deep red, purple).

Attachments

• TerrariaSnowSetConcept.jpg
    TerrariaSnowSetConcept.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 138
THIS LOOKS SICK!, really like this design and the story behind "The Abyss", good luck on the contest, (Sorry for being annoying, but i suggest you write how using dye on it will work) :) <3

Wow thank you dude, I was really nervous and made a lot of changes, thank you for the suggestion but I don't know if I have enought time, apart of that I aprecciate that you take the time to reply me, good luck bro! <3

Contest entry.png

Right so I'd be surprised if I wasn't the very last entry, but here we are.

Anyway to preface I decided sometime ago that it would be neat if I actually partook in a contest like this so here we are: The Hunter-Slinger set
Some time ago I noticed two problems I had with this game in that 1: it didn't have a sort of mysterious gunslinger set in the game, or any one at all (at least until a few minutes ago I noticed there was a cowboy set in the game...) and 2: that there was no set in the game to make you look quite like a Hunter from Bloodborne, so I came up with something to combine them both with a little bit of my own spin on it. So after hurriedly learning to draw human-looking people I arrive at the last second with my entry. On to the details!

So first, I was imagining the character (or set if you prefer) to be a sort of monster hunter/really big bad guy sort of bounty hunter, and so I equipped it with all sorts of trinkets that may help towards that goal, or at least, they might imagine they do, as they are actually just metallic lookalikes that they wear as sort of charms to try and protect themselves from the horrors they may face. These would show up on the character in their actual positions where they would if they were the real accessories, so you might get them later and equip them to get some working ones. Or you could get them and potentially dye them to make them look like the set has them normally. Or, you could just enjoy looking cool. Though, they may be a bit too much for one Terraria character as I hadn't seen one in a while before and after I made this so...

Anyway, so, the hat. It's designed (at least, I tried to design it anyway) to look like a really wide cowboy-type hat combined with some weathered edges as a nod (or I suppose a tip in it's case) to the Hunter hat in Bloodborne (It's an original design as far as I'm aware so you shouldn't have to ask) It also sports a really long scarf that would (hopefully, anyway) gracefully flap in the wind as you walk around, until you got it caught in a door.

Secondly there's the Coat, or the chestpiece. One of the first things you might notice is the big chain, as well as all the accessories all over the piece, which I all imagined would be a sort-of gray metallic iron-like color to imply they weren't the real ones and they were there to set the tone, like a monster-hunter wanting some extra protection might wear. These being, the Cloud in a Bottle (for some extra mobility against the horrors), a bracelet-type accessory like the Band of Starpower or Regeneration, (Please forgive the hands I just learned how to draw human-looking people in the past couple of days just for this and I was trying something I hadn't yet) and the Cross Necklace (for a bit of Praise and Protection, if you will). Secondly you'd notice the trench coat, which would (again, hopefully) swing around your legs as you walked around as well, until you tripped over them running at mach speed with your Lightning Boots.

Lastly is the leggings. There's, well, not much to say about those... But they do have some knockoff Hermes Boots that you might look cool in, until you notice you're still moving incredibly slowly. I imagined those being in a sort of black color, since having metal boots would be strange to say the least, and having them green would be both confusing and ruin the color scheme.

Alright so I read that you could add some special set effects, so I had a few ideas and saved them for last. Neither of these would be necessary, and they may not be possible but I thought they would be cool so here goes. (I meant to make some mock-ups of them but I ran out of time.)

Firstly, and probably the more reasonable of the two, would be that when you fired a gun, (or perhaps just moved your arms, like for sword swinging, but it might get too busy then) it would activate some sort of animation in the scarf and coat that would look like some sort of wind-blast blow-back effect, which would look stylish if you had some cool gear and one hit left on a boss.

Secondly, and the less reasonable of the two, would be that, since Hunters from Bloodborne wield their guns in the left hand and their melee weapons in their right almost exclusively, I was thinking that when facing right with a gun it might appear to look like you were shooting it from the hand behind you, and that when facing left your melee weapons would appear to do the same, to imply a sort of handedness.

Now neither of those are necessary but if this ends up in the game either-or (or both!) would be awesome to see.

Well that's it for that and my heart is having a real good time with those last seven minutes left

This was the best I could do when the fill feature wasn't working, so sorry if the coloring is a little off. The costume is a purple robe that turns to black towards the bottom, and on the center left of it there is a broken and cracked clock. I know this is clearly obvious in the picture but just to be safe I'm writing the info about the costume here. The costume also could include a black hood if you want, but it's not necessary. The costumes name is, "The shadow from the space between". Also, on the left side of the clock the 9 and the crack look like they are connected, but they aren't. If you wanted, you could call it The Space Between Set.
2020-04-13 (79).png

Terraria Vanity Comp Entry.png

I've always wanted some sort of winged cosmetic, and I feel this would fit that quota quite well.

The legs are a little bit smaller than usual and would need to get rid of the players legs, like the
mermaid tail and silly flower costume does, and the headpiece would get rid of your hair.

Keep in mind that the pink part of the head (pictured above) is the players head, so different
skin colours on the player would change the look a bit.​

This armor was worn by warrior who was deserted into the barren Ash Lands, left to fend for himself. By consuming the local animal, the flamed raptor, creatures of cold blood, he lost his humanity and his mind. He forged his armor of the few good steel he could find over the span of several decades. It soon became synonymous with his power, and though the creatures there were mindless monsters who only felt hunger, they soon learned to fear him.

The Ash Lands had one special characteristic, fire could not be ignited in them, any attempt resulted in failure. The Lord of the Ash Lands was the only hot blooded creature who had been able to survive there, maybe ever. Some people believed his body and soul had magically fused to his armor, and that is how flames started spewing out of its orifices whenever he entered in heat for battle

After gaining the power of fire, he showed it to the flamed creatures in spectacle. They must have thought he was some kind of god, they had never felt heat before. They all rallied behind him, and a particularly big one became his personal steed. He then rebelled against the kingdom that deserted him, the result of which are unknown, for both parties have vanished from history.
Lord of the Ash Lands render.gif

Imgur link in case gif doesn't load here:

This is my submission for the vanity contest. It is a young spaceship sailor robot, dressed in his uniform for his first day on deck. The full set makes the players skin silver and robotic, ready to sail to their journeys end.

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 162
My vanity outfit is based on the idea of people seeing a amazing relief from the sun in the desert in the form of a mirage in the form of an oasis, this combined with the new oasis biome led me to the idea of a tropical outfit. My hat would be a tropical flower crown that would go over the hair. The chest would be a tropical blue Hawaiian shirt with flowers on it. The pants would be swimming trunks on a boy and a tropical skirt on a girl. (Only pictured is boys trunks) The main part of this that ties it to the idea of a mirage is the set effect though. This would either be the same effect as the shadow set with the multiple after images, or have it have the same effect as the mirage dye giving it a good connection. The name would be the oasis set, head: oasis crown, armor: oasis button up, and the boots: oasis bottoms. You would get the set through moving the clothier to the oasis biome or using materials from the biome.

Attachments

• 8279C183-0544-40A2-9906-0B57D2711949.jpeg
    8279C183-0544-40A2-9906-0B57D2711949.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 137
View attachment 266741View attachment 266744View attachment 266749 View attachment 266848Mechanical Amalgamation: This is a project me and my friend Slugehamer18 worked on together for the Terraria Vanity Contest. Most of the artwork for the vanity was done by Slugehamer18 and the ideas were made up mostly by me. The entire Set is based around the three Mechanical bosses. The Headpiece is based around the Twins which is why both the eyes are red and green. The chest plate and arms are based around the Destroyer, we took the plates of the Destroyer and put them onto the chest plate and arms and added a Destroyer probe for the arms. The legs are based around Skeletron due to its skeletal-mechanical like structure. If The developers are reading this I would just like to say thank you for creating a game me and my friend slugehamer18 have spent countless hours playing throughout our entire lives.:happy:

Drakehunters.png

Sorry if it’s a bit hard to make out! This is the Basilisk vanity set. I came up with a hole buncha epic lore and things to draw and whatnot that I was gonna write, but no time for that!

BTW it’s based on my interpretation of what a basilisk might look like. It’s super creepy, you’re lucky I didn’t get to draw it.

Basilisk vanity

• Head: BASILISK HEAD
    • You wear the skull of the dragon you killed. Cruel, man!
    • 4 eyes
    • well 6 eyes, including your own
    • distinctive “double fan”, runs down the back of the vanity. Not sure what real life animal to compare it to...

• Torso: BASILISK SCALEMAIL
    • Depends on if you’re a guy or gal. I think this is allowed, since many armor sets in-game have very distinct differences depending on gender
    • Female:
      • has a breastpiece. Half is flexible scalemail, half is leather.
    • Male:
      • Scalemail breastpiece only covers half of chest and part of Ribcage. Bottom portion of torso is cloaked by cloth.
    • Both genders:
      • spiky pauldrons. The spikes oughta be HUGE, BIGGER THAN I EVEN DREW!
      • scarf-like cloth wrapping around shoulders, pinned down by pauldrons. It’s got teeth coming out of it! Wierd!

• Leggings: BASILISK BATTLE-SKIRT (Forgot the formal name for these. Not enough time to look it up lol)
    • Wrappings made of scalemail
    • Distinctive dragon knee-guard
    • large protective scales running down one leg

IM REALLY SORRY BUT I’VE GOTTA SUBMIT THIS RIGHT NOW. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN INTERPRET ANYTHING I LEFT OUT FROM THE PICTURE ALONE!

Uhhh happy digging

-Vance

P.S. The openness of this set is something I want to emphasize. This makes it compatible with many other vanity items IMO! You don’t have to be limited to wearing the whole set, or none of it! Okay annnnnd submit!

20200413_234204.jpg
TerrariaArmor.png

I have zero experience with pixel art but I tried anyway! :)
I looked to other vanity sets implemented in the game to see if this would be feasible: I think it would be very cool if some sort of animation could be included (similar to Djinn's Curse) such that the arms flail in the air during the walk animation (by flailing around I mean it could be as simple as something similar to the first few frames of the default swing animation) or even at idle (like the Grim Reaper set's scythe, the arms could simply be upwards while the streamers move, or something similar). This sounds like it might be hard, but I think it would be very cool to see a set like this in game, especially with all of the dyes!
Thank you Terraria team for all of your hard work and dedication in making one of my favorite games of all time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom