Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... It was such a great journey!

This game has always been very important to me... It's always been a tradition among my friends to play it every summer, and think that his final update has come... It makes me feel nostalgic and happy at the same time for a new update, but well, part of the journey is the end.

The Abyss

Before creation itself there was a elemental power called "The Abyss" this power also known as a curse as the universe was forming was responsible for corrupting small areas of each world throughout the galaxy. The Abyss invites creatures to succumb to it and then infect others until that world is completely consumed, all of this continued till a ancient wizard saw all of the catastrophe this was generating and decided to seal the curse in the armour. Even to this day the armour still awaits in a little dark zone for its wielder to appear... Legends say that only those with a strong will can endure the darkness of the abyss.

Abyss armour.jpg

Abyss Armour
The complete set gives a boost in damage and speed. -Melee Armour

-Dark Abyss Helmet: It has long horns to defend against threats and a retractable plasma glass that reconstructs itself thanks to the power of the abyss every time it is damaged.
-Dark Abyss Chest Plate: The heart in its center sucks the energy of its wielder or provides it its own curse depends on whether its wielder is worthy.
-Dark Abyss Legs: Ripped pants and boots protected by sturdy plates.

"No matter what planet, no matter what galaxy... They always look down into the bottom of the abyss, there are ones who succumb to their call, others hide into their houses and fortress... But at the end they will end up begging for mercy."

View attachment 266712

Here's a drawing I made for the basis of my vanity submission.
The Head consists of a wizard-like hat with the top cut off and in its place a metal rim where fire bursts out. Along with the head goes a jesters/theatre mask.
The Torso consists of a dark long coat with a fire faded shirt with straps running along the front of the shirt and the cuffs of the coat.
The Legs start with a belt followed by another dark fabric to some larger straps around the middle down to wrapping with a flame-colored gradient.
View attachment 266771View attachment 266785

I'm new to it, but here's some pixel art of what I think it could look like in-game. (also a maskless variant just because)
Looks like Arsene from Persona 5 (a game i like), Really like the design!, good luck on the contest :) <3

CYBERPUNK ARMOR!

In a post-Moon Lord world, there's still work left to do. Why not look fly when you're cruising the skies?

I personally figured this'd fit with endgame, and seeing as how this update is the future of Terraria! :dryadcool:

SharkksCyberArmor_character.png
SharkksCyberArmor.png
SharkksCyberArmor_maskoff.png
(and a bonus blue alt!)
SharkksCyberArmor_characterALT.png

Ended up not finding enough time to finish what I was planning! I was building the vanity set into a fully functional mod, but life just got in the way and I lost the time.

Still had time to whip up a nifty glow mask though!

SharkksCyberArmor_GLOWMASK.png
SharkksCyberArmor_GLOW.png
SharkksCyberArmor_GLOWBLU.png

Thanks for holding this contest! If this doesn't get in, I'll be finishing and putting it up on tModLoader myself. Maybe I'll make a few others, too. This is pretty fun.

Minimalist Celetta.png
Celetta_Transparent.png

Celetta the Rainbow Witch

Celetta is a original character I have created to be a joyful girl that has mastered all forms of magic. She keeps crystals containing all the different elements of magic around her belt and her staff has grown around a rare multi element crystal. Due to her ability to use all forms of magic, she is well respected among spell casters although some that have met her are often shocked to find out how laid back and informal she is. She travels around ruins and bustling cities discovering new spells and enchants with her partner Nyanyo which he usually rests on her shoulder. Although Celetta and Nyanyo may appear to be cute, she's dedicated to overcome any obstacle in her path that would inhibit her goal in become a grand-master.

Celetta_Design_Sheet_Transparent.png

Headpiece
The head piece is similar to a standard witch hat but with the spike taking the shape of a zigzag and being tipped with a star. A bow also is wrapped around the base of the spike.

Torso
The torso would be a dress. The dress doesn't go up to the shoulders but it attached to a ring around the neck. The top and bottom of the dress have a wavy blue line that go around the dress. Lighter vertical lines stretch from the top horizontal line to the bottom horizontal line around the whole dress. On the waist are two belts, one slightly more inclined than the other which one of the belts having an assortment of many different colored crystals attached to it.

Other Ideas
For simplicity I was thinking the dress and belt would be one dress in the torso slot that covers the torso and legs but if possible I thought it might be interesting to have the dress and belt separate. Having the dress take the slot of the torso and still covering the legs but also having the belt taking the slot of the pants and appearing on the waist. The crystal on the belt would glow and depending on the way the sprite is facing, a different set of colored crystals would be showing since the go around the whole belt.

IMG_20200413_233415412.jpg

Ancient Explorer

a misunderstood visitor,
he tried to be a teacher
but for some reason always ended in human sacrifice

he loves geometry, hate pyramids.

So this is my sons idea. He has adhd and we have been going kind of crazy being stuck at home. His schedule is all messed up and we are all out of sorts. We play a lot of family games but his favorites to play alone or with me are Ark: survival evolved, plants vs zombies, and of course TERRARIA. We love it. I’m a fan of old school 16bit graphics and he is obsessed with exploring and building.

He is an avid dinosaur fan and when he plays he asks why don’t they make a real Dino suit, not just he fossils one. So he, myself, and my daughter brainstormed this idea:

The Lihzahrd King(or queen) was buried in a tomb underneath the bricks of the old jungle temple. Once the altar was activated, a great battle with the mighty Golem ensued. After the construct was defeated, the heroes left the temple happy and filled with treasure and glee. Unbeknownst to them, the scattered remains And rubble of golem seeped magic energy into the bricks and.....into the tomb. The King(Queen) Lihzahrd has awoken!! *dramatic music*
2066F377-6E6B-4948-8FDB-354C9CBF48C2.jpeg
AA9F690F-2CC6-4814-9E0D-9716BFB532E8.jpeg

He didn’t like not being able to make a mount so I let him do a sketch for fun. It’s a skeletal Komodo dragon basically.
We had so much fun today doing art together so wether we are chosen or not, thanks for the opportunity guys! Keep up the awesome work and stay healthy! -George, Ella, and Dad
B9C84533-5035-4D01-A8AC-143BF98EBF25.png
B3ACCB5B-1DB4-4ECA-B941-67CAF6604EDB.jpeg

Presenting the...
~~Celestial Janitor~~
A cleaner from beyond the stars...

"Cleanliness is next to Godliness"

Hailing from a technologically (and hygienically) advanced civilisation from deep within the depths of space, the Celestial Janitor has arrived to help clean the world!
Celestial Janitor.gif

-----
Consisting of:

Headpiece -
The Visor of Immaculate Sight
"You can see everything... every speck of dirt, every stray microbe. It bugs you"

The Visor ignores hair on characters due to it being covered completely in a sterile, vacuum sealed package, complete with omniscience (at least regarding germs and dirt).

Chest piece -
The Hexapod
"All the better to clean autonomously"

The Chest piece looks the same on males and females, and is attached to a sealed container filled with the most powerful cleaning fluid in the universe, which in turn is attached to the cleaning 'tentacles'.
The tentacles are (in a clockwise direction):
Pincers - To grab everything not clean and drag it into the appropriate cleaning proximity with extreme prejudice and force
Squirter - To squirt all that is dirty with the cleaning fluid of DOOM
The Vacuum - It is said that the abyss yawns within this very vacuum, and it stares back at all that is filthy
The Flamethrower - The words: "Cleansing Blaze" are inscribed upon it
The Aerosol - It's not clean unless its Pineo Cl
The Tide Pod Mysterious Orb - Said to be extremely toxic to all things unclean

Feet -
Cuisses of Purity
"Those Earthlings know them as... Roombas"

Despite being hard to see, the Cuisses of Purity actually consist of high-tech Roombas (for lack of a better term).

-----
And that's my submission! Hope everyone enjoys it, and good luck to all that have entered this vanity competition!
P.S - This took me about 24 full hours to complete, phew! I'm almost glad its over but man was it fun (if very stressful). This is my second time spriting so I apologise in advance if it isn't that good.
Goodbye!​

First of all I want to thank everyone who contributed to making arguably one of the best games ever. I want to thank Redigit, Cenx, D-Town, Loki, Safemanda, Food Barbarian, Yoraiz0r, Grox, Crowno, Jimmarn, Lazure, Leinfors and Ghostar for making the game of my childhood. It was fun watching this game and its community grow up for the past 8 and almost 9 months. But sadly comes the last update and I dedicate my vanity set to everyone who contributed to this game. This set comes from my unreleased mod and is called the Celestial Deus armor from shadow's of Cataclysm (Might change it but Nobody asked).

I am sorry that the image isn't colored, i had no time.The head piece has elements that turn when you walk, on the chest piece there is a turquoise pixel that changes color when you run, it also has a cape that has animation.
I have all the vanity animated and all the code ready so please contact me if i win so you have a base idea of what i was going For.
The name that i want it to be in game is "Deus et creaturae"

Again, thank you so much.

Celestial Deus.png
Screenshot (20).pngScreenshot (21).pngScreenshot (22).pngScreenshot (23).pngScreenshot (24).pngScreenshot (25).pngScreenshot (26).png

View attachment 266754

The idea behind this set is it changes it's color based on highest DPS count, considering everything in the inventory. The 4 celestial dyes override this condition if applied.
However, if this gimmick for the set isn't allowed. I'd simply like the colors for the design to be the Nebula set (Purple+ Gold).
Higherquality images below (with the correct color combinations):

View attachment 266377View attachment 266378View attachment 266375View attachment 266376

Best of luck to everyone!

Favourite one!

My Vanity set is called the Smaragdine set, this is referring to this vanity sets primary color, which is a variant of green.

You Have the the Smaragdine skull, which is the Headpiece of the set, with large, glowing green eyes with a dismaying stare coming from them.

You have the Glaucous Robe, which is the chest piece of the set, with a collar raising above the head, shoulder pads with fancy indents on them, silver metal indented with a round gem, a small skull decoration connecting a smaller cloth that goes around the waist, a cloth hanging down from that small skull that seem to have strange illuminated writings on it, some sleeves that look slightly beat and torn surrounding bone hands and arms, and lastly, some tattered cloth surrounding the legs.

And finally, you have the Glaucos Harems, which are just simply, a pair of black harems that will be mostly covered by the robe.
20200413_230747.jpg

I've always wanted a cool skeleton vanity set in Terraria, and I think the Re-Logic team can fix up my little ol' skeleton drawing into an amazing and unique set.
I apologize for any trouble making out anything in the drawing, I didn't have time to ink or color the drawing and I don't have access to a decent camera currently.

Thank you, and Good Luck to everyone else's unique incredible looking vanity sets!

Wow... It was such a great journey!

This game has always been very important to me... It's always been a tradition among my friends to play it every summer, and think that his final update has come... It makes me feel nostalgic and happy at the same time for a new update, but well, part of the journey is the end.

The Abyss

Before creation itself there was a elemental power called "The Abyss" this power also known as a curse as the universe was forming was responsible for corrupting small areas of each world throughout the galaxy. The Abyss invites creatures to succumb to it and then infect others until that world is completely consumed, all of this continued till a ancient wizard saw all of the catastrophe this was generating and decided to seal the curse in the armour. Even to this day the armour still awaits in a little dark zone for its wielder to appear... Legends say that only those with a strong will can endure the darkness of the abyss.

View attachment 266595

"No matter what planet, no matter what galaxy... They always look down into the bottom of the abyss, there are ones who succumb to their call, others hide into their houses and fortress... But at the end they will end up begging for mercy."

Abyss Armour
The complete set gives a boost in damage and speed. -Melee Armour

-Dark Abyss Helmet: It has long horns to defend against threats and a retractable plasma glass that reconstructs itself thanks to the power of the abyss every time it is damaged.
-Dark Abyss Chest Plate: The heart in its center sucks the energy of its wielder or provides it its own curse depends on whether its wielder is worthy.
-Dark Abyss Legs: Ripped pants and boots protected by sturdy plates.
THIS LOOKS SICK!, really like this design and the story behind "The Abyss", good luck on the contest, (Sorry for being annoying, but i suggest you write how using dye on it will work) :) <3

helmet-pixilart (1).png
destroyer-chestplate-pixilart (1).png
skeletron-leg-pixilart.png
1586836396502.pngMechanical Amalgamation: This is a project me and my friend Slugehamer18 worked on together for the Terraria Vanity Contest. Most of the artwork for the vanity was done by Slugehamer18 and the ideas were made up mostly by me. The entire Set is based around the three Mechanical bosses. The Headpiece is based around the Twins which is why both the eyes are red and green. The chest plate and arms are based around the Destroyer, we took the plates of the Destroyer and put them onto the chest plate and arms and added a Destroyer probe for the arms. The legs are based around Skeletron due to its skeletal-mechanical like structure. If The developers are reading this I would just like to say thank you for creating a game me and my friend slugehamer18 have spent countless hours playing throughout our entire lives.:happy:

Here's my entry.
Cutting it close here.
Hope it gets good feedback.
It's not much, but it's honest work.

Attachments

• VanityEntry.png
    VanityEntry.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 140
"Veteran Journeyer"
Veteran Journeyer.png
After 8 years of continuous journeying, the road has finally ended,
but just because the road has ended doesn't mean there is no where left to go.

For this design, I was inspired by the default guide costume of Terraria, and how that is the game at it's earliest,
before you get into the depth of the game. In the game, there is a massive amount of new gear that you can unlock
and equip, but it doesn't directly tie back into the beginning of the game. I tried to imagine what a player would look
like if they kept their original look from when they just started a new character, but over the years added more and
more onto it as they kept gaining experience and adventuring. The character now has a cloak over one shoulder, some
hints of armor on top of their default clothes, a hat with a gemstone in the middle which is customized with a feather.
That wraps up my concept, thanks for viewing, and I hope you all enjoy this take on a character for 1.4 "Journey's End"!

ENLARGED:
Veteran Journeyer.png

Last edited:
Terraria Explorer.jpg

Hey! Sorry about the late submission.
I decided on making a astronaut/sci fi explorer!
Personally, my favorite part of Terraria was that sense of wonder and exploration. Its certainly something that never gets old for me. Whether it be fantastical crystal caves, or sprawling, thick jungle, the sense of exploration and discovery on my first playthrough was really unforgettable.

Description
The character is a sort of near future explorer; A pioneer setting foot on new worlds.
The colour scheme would mostly be white and gray, but with bright, poppy colour highlights, and glowy light up bits to add personality. (sorry for not colouring it, I was rushing :p)
The helmet would be transparent, so you could still see your character's face and hair and keep your sense of individuality.
Of course, this is an idea, and I hope it's open enough for the talented folks at Re-logic can take this to the next level.

Features
Some features could include a wrist mounted PDA, a backpack storage unit with a light bar that would indicate how full a player's inventory was (And it would explain the deep pockets too!),
Or a portable solar panel that faces the sun.

Conclusion
I think this character would also tie together a lot of the gadgety-techy stuff already in the game, like the cellphone, goblin tech, GPS, etc.
I also think it would be an interesting juxtaposition, having a cool sci fi set in a world of fantasy and magic.
Not to mention, space exploration getting more and more exciting in real life too.
I really love sci fi, and I really love fantasy, and I hope that maybe Terraria can be home to both.

Thanks for considering! (probably a pain to go through all these submissions, I tried to keep it brief >_>)
RomanBlue_

Nights_Breeze_Item.png
This is the Head slot, Nights Breeze. You can practically think it as a fur, like addition to the body part, as in my design its normally supposed to be animated while youre walking just like a long hair. (By the way of course this item is not this big its supposed to fit onto players neck, and overall players head is supposed to be visible.)
Nights_Embrace_Item.png
This is the Body slot, Nights Embrace. It has 2 small capes on both left and right, they are kinda like hand looking, torn out-ish. (Movement animation again, maybe?)
Nights_Footsteps_Item.png
And lastly Nights Footsteps nothing special about it.

I overall tried to draw them as how they would be as an item im not trusting myself about drawing them on a character-mannequin sorry about that. Hope you loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom