Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loki said:
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles.
Ask, and you shall recieve

Model60_by_Matius.png
Presenting: Model 60, the product of my (very poor) understanding of 60s' technology, as well as my love for TV heads.

I love mashing random things together until they make sense, so let's talk about the features and the inspirations for them. First we have the aforementioned TV head, a symbol of status in the decades prior, it soon became increasingly widespread. Almost 90% of American families owned a TV by 1970. This one is green, because I love the aesthetic of the Fallout terminals. Fallout takes place in the 60s, r-right?

Moving on, we have one of those fancy wall computers. Large, flat, bulky, with lots of buttons. Perfect fit for a chest piece. Due to their mysterious nature, they were also a perfect fit for spy films. The earlier James Bond movies come to mind. What do those buttons do? What do the dials show? Why the random circular display? We may never find out. But they do look cool as hell.

Next, I used tape rolls for the shoulder pads. Ye computers of olde used magnetic tape for data storage, so it fits with the overall theme of the chest. They cover the shoulder area well, perhaps a bit too well, giving the entire suit a very top-heavy feel, something very common across futurist designs of the era. Besides, shoulders generally rotate. So do tape recorders. So do a lot of other things, really, but none of them look cooler than tape recorders.

Now, the arms. The arms... I'll admit, i didn't exactly have an idea for those. But a segmented design held together by 1 (one) bolt, topped off with claw hands is not only period-appropriate, it's also something you generally can't go wrong with.

And finally, the legs. Shamelessly stolen from my chair, and equally shamelessly stolen inspired by that one robot maid lady from the Jetsons (a show made in the 1960s, interestingly enough). If we put this on a real robot, it would topple at its first turn due to the high center of mass of humanoids. And unless the entire chassis is made out of paper and filled with helium, those tiny shopping cart wheels most likely couldn't support its weight. As a final nail in the coffin, they offer exactly zero mobility on non-flat surfaces. Those design flaws make them somewhat dated, but always cool.
I say cool too much, don't I?

Model60_Ingame_by_Matius.pngAs a bonus, I did a quick doodle of how it could look like in-game.

Just a simple one with no details and barely any colors to give you the general idea.

And don't even think about thinking this is how it will actually look. It's a fact that Re-Logic can and often does perform miracles when it comes to sprites... If it makes it in that is.

...So, that's it. My very own, personal submission. I would like to take this moment to wish you all good luck. Cheers.​

Last edited:
Here's My Entry! I wanted to make a design that looked like my favorite cryptid and get and chance to be featured in my favorite game!

Attachments

• 20200314_164551.jpg
    20200314_164551.jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 147
NekroSektor's Armor

It has an icy theme, meant to be a frozen biotech armor worn by a bounty hunter of the tundra, fit to a gunslinger or archer theme, and would be available maybe through ice fishing

it has a similar head to Vortex Armor, with a halo built into the back of the head
the blue highlights would have a glowmask

maybe having the attached idle frosty breath animation

an ice particle trail would make it look cool

The attached images are art for it, the last is the original, I had some help with the first two

tooltip

Helmet: "The frost-covered dome and halo are chilling to the touch and the gas expelled from the mouthpiece is incredibly cold, the inside is a comfortable temperature"
Torso: "The chassis of a biomechanical suit, the intricate lights on the chest and arms seem icy and the suit contorts to fit the wearer"
Legs: "A set of legs from a biomechanical suit, snow is left in the air when they move, the lights seem almost alien in origin and are cold to the touch"

The suit is almost black with glowing blue light patterns on the chest, arms, and legs, the head has two lights on the neck, a glassy dome completely iced over and a halo coming out of the back of the head, also an icy blue, the shoulders are slightly spiked as well as the knees, not shown in the images is an optional trenchcoat/cape style of design, coming out of the hips to cover the back and sides of the legs

Cool Out New Design.png
cool_out.gif

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (25).png
    pixil-frame-0 (25).png
    467 bytes · Views: 96
Last edited:
My son has a submission. He didn't provide a set name, but I would suggest his most common username: Bsquapnd.

Image on the Left:
Blue robot ninja with green coolant tubes for ears and a power source embedded in its chest that looks more like a green battery. Red dot on belt-line is just a decorative light. Boots are ribbed for that techno feel.

Image on the Right:
Red Demon with a floating eye above his spiky horns. Face was drawn slightly turned to the side. has a visor area that the player can see out of and spiky ear bits. The torso has claw hands and crisscrossing ribs like you might see on a drawing of a dragon wing. Also a stubby little demon tail. Boots are just spiky red/orange footwear. (Note: I really liked this one, and it is DEFINITELY not the Eye of Sauron. :) )

Thanks for your consideration. You have made a fantastic game, thanks for all the hard work over the years.

Attachments

• IMG-1263.jpg
    IMG-1263.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
Made with ms paint
I call it: 'missing%(null)'
Its a missing texture vanity set that has a tool tip saying: something's missing here...
A cool effect could be when one part of the set is worn another part of the players body goes invisible (so if the headpiece is worn the legs or torso goes missing) but when the entire set is worn it shows the entirety of the set.

main-qimg-f1f5c0a91576660aecea730c1e27e0be.png

Vanitycontestsubmissions.png

Head Slot1: Toque Blanche (Tall Chef's Hat)...............Head Slot2: Blue Chef's Cap.........Head Slot3: White Chef's Cap
Torso Slot1: White Chef's Tunic...............................Torso Slot2: Blue Chef Tunic........Torso Slot3: Head Chef's Tunic
Leg Slot1: Dotted Chef Pants..................................Leg Slot2: Black Chef Pants.........Leg Slot3: Dotted Chef's Pants

Thought it would be a cool idea to make some designs based on the uniforms I have worn throughout my chef career starting from left to right, the early days of working hard every day to the uniform on the right where I manage my own little team of chefs, making sure that everything cooked is to the standard I have set until the long JOURNEY'S END.

Last edited:
Well I tried something at least;

Cryogenic Suit
Nhbqz2D.png

Animated:
xWEuSlA.gif
wmPkO6X.gif

Individual pieces:

qRr35XE.png

FnM4BW2.png
ATiVQ0Y.png

a1ynx2M.png

Basically it's a kind of suit that allows you to survive in freezing cold temperatures, well obviously in game it'll just be vanity but you get the idea :dryadwink:
The mask consist of a visor and a mask with tubes going to the back on the head, the body is more of a traditional armour piece, and same with the leggings, though it has larger feet for a better grip on icy surfaces.

Also there could be a Glowmask applied to the visor.​

Last edited:
Mechanical Scourge.png

Mechanical Scourge
No one knows where this thing came from. It just materialized one day and now its out for blood
and will disintegrate anyone who dares stand in its path with its eye. It has an insatiable thirst for chaos
only matched by its curiosity about mechanical contraptions. Who knows what could be hiding behind that
robe but its certainly best that we dont find out.

test

This is my set, I call it "Modern Armor"
It definitely could be made better, and if I somehow win this contest, (I most likely won't)
could you guys make it better? It's just simplicity (and bragging rights, lol).

This is my submition (sorry for it looking like crap) it is called Arachnid Boy (No copyright claims from marvel/Sony pictures i hope)

Attachments

• ArachnidMale.png
    ArachnidMale.png
    3 KB · Views: 87
Yrimirs Robes Set.PNG
As a veteran terrarian who just heard about the submission. I decided to celebrate one of the greatest terrarians ever, Yrimir. So I made Yrimirs set. Which is a reference to the black shirts he would wear in all of his old videos. He is one of the most well known terrarians ever and he deserves his own set and that's why I made this. I made a submission before this and then came up with this so I deleted the old submission and uploaded this. I thank the terraria development team for the thousands of hours of fun that you've given me and the opportunity to get my own vanity set in the game. Thank you!

Terraria Vanity copy.jpg

This is my Idea! It is an homage to all of the normal mode bosses that the players have defeated, the crown is for the great king itself, King Slime, the eye is for the all-seeing specter, the Eye of Cthulu, and the brain is the terrifying Brain of Cthulu! The torso is made up of the horrific underworld abomination, the wall of flesh! The arms are an homage to the protector of the dungeon, Skeletron! The small wings are for the hive protecting Queen Bee! The legs are made up of the horrifying creature that devours all in its path, the Eater of Worlds!
They will be split up into the head, the chest, the cape (bee's wings), and the legs.
I would like this to commemorate some of the great feats we as a community, have defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom