Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my submission. :)
I was inspired by the graveyard mini-biome to make a "gothic" set that was meant to be funeral clothes.

Acquisition:

Craftable at a gravestone with 20 cloth per piece

Parts:
Head: Funeral Hat
-Covers a small portion of the head but most of the hair is still visible
Torso: Funeral Dress
-Extends a bit below the torso
Legs: Funeral Fishnets

untitled.png

The Crying Tomato Vanity (CTV) -
Crying Tomato Stem - Tooltip: "Aww, it's crying..."
Crying Tomato Core - Tooltip: "Is it a fruit? Is it a vegetable?"
Crying Tomato Feet - Tooltip: "Wait, tomatoes have feet?"
Ideas related to the vanity set -
It could be sold by the Dryad NPC during a blood moon
When the player dies while wearing the full set, the death message has a chance to be "Playername was squished"
I hope you like it! 🍅🙂

Terraria full sprite V3.PNG

Made by SubdoodlyDoo

CrocoLizard set
found with a 15 % chance to be found in jungle temple chests
effects only given if worn as armor not in the social slot

The mask gives 2 defense and +5 % melee speed
the Breastplate gives 3 defense and +5 % melee speed
the pants give 2 defense and +10% movement speed
the set bonus is +10% melee damage

sorry I got this in kinda late on the 11th
please still count it as a contender as it is in before the 13th

IMG_E2068[1].JPG

Last edited:
got inspired at the last minute and did my first pixel art : a fantasy japanese shrine maiden outfit ( and I'm pretty proud of it for a first-timer )
this outfit comes with : a bowtie, a skirt and black shoes
I think it could be a fun addition as japanese culture is quite popular because I couldn't get to create an outfit like this before in game. It could also fit for people trying to recreate characters from games and builds according to it in terraria as it is quite popular and fun.

Attachments

• shrine maiden.png
    shrine maiden.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Blake's Armor

Head - Blake's Helm: a centurion inspired golden helmet with light brown leather horns.
Torso - Blake's Knightly Breastplate: A simple piece of golden chest armor with hard shoulder and breast plate pieces with a flowing crimson cape. Silver chain mail makes up the sleeves and down the sides.
Legs - The Armored Passing Wind: A grey-blue moving tornado that hovers the ground. Golden armor caps the tornado, connecting it to the torso.

Attachments

• IMG_5257.jpg
    IMG_5257.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 110
Terrariaredbluevanity.png

The side view of the helmet is more what was in my mind, the front view helmet looks a little clunky but was nice for more perspective.
That's about it. I'm exited, I think the new vanity will look sweet and be fun to wear no matter who win, there are some great designs I've seen. Good luck all!

I noticed on how many armor vanity items and animal vanity items there are in Terraria, so I came up with a set:
The Night King set.
Once you wear it, you will feel like you own the night AND the monsters that spawned.
I made it where it can be compatible with other various vanity items such as the fur coat and the butterfly/mothron wings.

Attachments

• Terraria Vanity Contest Submission.png
    Terraria Vanity Contest Submission.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 90
Suit.png

(My idea, picture form)
You'll be ready to celebrate Journey's End in this stylish Party Suit!

This set includes:

SuitPieces.png

Extra Notes:
-Eyes were used for spacing guidelines and placement help, the mask is there because I had another idea before this. The mask is really just optional.
-Might not be the best, but it gets the job done.

Attachments

• Suit.png
    Suit.png
    7 KB · Views: 136
Astral TenEighty.png

Alrighty here's mine: The Astral Set. Basic idea is space/sky in the shape of a person held together by gilded armor. Weapons not included, I just had to use the third color palette for something.

Also if you want to see more of my garbage you can check out my stuff on instagram @Vocitare

Good luck to all entering this contest, I'm excited to see what gets selected!

This is my set, The Berzerker's Hand. It is based on a few things. It is based on Viking Berzerkers who wore Bear Furs into battle, and it is also inspired by the Plasma Bear in Edge of Space. I made a higher and lower pixel density version, as well as the compilation. Even though I probably won't win, Thank you for making my childhood with Terraria. I love Minecraft, but Terraria will always be my first and favorite game. I've played it on every device platform I own, and I'll continue to play it in the future. Thank you devs for making this fantastic game, and I hope yall enjoy my vanity concept.
terraria journeys end.jpg
pixil-frame-0 (18).png
pixil-frame-0 (5).png

pixil-frame-0.png
This is my entry the dots floating by the armored strange birb are particles the wings will replace the hands when you put on the torso and the legs will replace the whole thing and be much longer in the actual game (if i even get it in i probably wont) the red lines will be glowy along with the eye the armor should look much more old and broken. This is my entry and good luck to everyone else

Scan_20200412_102521.jpg
Scan_20200412_102521.jpg
Scan_20200412_103010.jpg

My submission is a banana vanity outfit.
The outfit is made up of three different parts;

the head piece (the top of the banana)

the torso (the bottom of the banana)

the pants/legs.

When the player is stationary whilst wearing this outfit, their arms become invisible, to make it appear like it's just a banana
If, for whatever reason, the vanity is equipped in the armour slot, items such as sunglasses. glasses and goggles can still be worn in the vanity slot.
The name for this vanity is 'The Banana'.

Heya! This is my Vanity Set! It is based on the Celestial Pillar event and the Moon Lord, and is called 'Celestial Slayer's Outfit'

It is meant to represent a Victorious Space Wizard who has fought the Celestial Pillars before, but eventually lost and their vanity is held onto by the Celestial Pillar Enemies. It is a very rare drop from them.

-OR-

After defeating the Celestial Pillars and the Moon Lord, the Player can craft this vanity with some of each Pillar Fragments, Silk, and Ectoplasm. It is meant to be a sign of victory over the Celestial Pillars and the Moon Lord.

I used in-game sprites to base this draft on. I took color swatches from the Celestial Pillar Armor sets.
Hat- Scarecrow Hat
Cape- Red Cape
Shirt- Tuxedo Shirt
Pants- Leprechaun Pants

I have been playing Terraria since around 2015 and have always enjoyed the game. It means so much to me, and I am looking forward to the Journey's End update! I will always play and enjoy Terraria in the future. Thank you Devs for all that you do to make this game as amazing as it is!!! <3
Celestial Slayer's Outfit Final.png

Mole Rat Final.png

This is a star-nosed mole. It is the world's fastest eater! It is a great digger! It is unbelievably cute!

The vanity set consists of three parts: The star-nosed mask, The mole skin onesie, and The Mole Feet.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 9.36.28 PM.png

I call this armor the Fallen Warrior Set! The head is some sort of wisp flame, the chestplate has a cape, and I tried to have a piece of the chestplate overlap some of the pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom