Just Cause 3 (Speculation, Hopes, Dreams and Current Info.)

Deadonarrival

Skeletron Prime
I made this thread because I enjoy the second one so much. Always have been a fan, since the first. I will keep this thread updated with gameplay footage (when available) and current development news. What mechanics are you hoping to see? What advancements should made? Feel free to wildly speculate. Here is the latest video from the devs. Enjoy!

Just Cause 3 map size is roughly about 400 sq kilometers. Making it roughly the size of the last one, which was massive. The new map promises to have more verticality meaning the height of the tallest mountain to sea level is greater than the last game. Devs said this adds opportunity for large underground caverns and caves, absent from the last Just Cause. I think this creates a specific challenge as you are not so able to go skyward to escape danger. It will be cool to see how this plays out.

Just Cause 3 will also have all in-game currency removed. This means no more paying for air drops. Now it doesn't say how this mechanic will be handled in detail, so who knows if you earn tokens for airdrops or most likely, you earn better drops through chaos and they have a cool down period. The military promises to be better prepared this go around as well. For instance, if you have a tank airdropped, the military WILL have specific equipment to destroy it. So in other words, if you escalate, they immediately escalate to match you. Very cool so far. Also, C4 is infinite this time around. The possibilities are endless for destruction.

It has also been confirmed that there will be NO micro transactions. If you buy the game, you have access to all content contained within. Obviously does not include DLC released afterwards or at time of release (unless otherwise stated by Avalanche Studios).

That's it for now. As stated before, all up to date info will be available here. And please feel free to add anything you think I missed.

Update: May 2nd

There is nothing really new to report other than a new gameplay trailer. I do have a few details to lay on you. Locations in the new game that you can cause havok in include a police station, prison, harbours, military bases and communication stations. Some were seen in the last game like the military base and harbour but it will be interesting to see how they are changed. I guess they are alot bigger and the amount of objects that can be destroyed are going to be higher. The prison, I think, will be one of the coolest. I would imagine that prisoners will run out of the prison or jail and help fight the army with you. Whether or not this is the case is unknown.

From the video, it looks like you have alot more options when it comes to using the grappling hook to tether stuff together too. I saw one going to a heli, to a car and then to another car. That means that you can finally tether more stuff together. And from the video analysis, I noticed that the cable you tether with is alot stronger. He brings down a helicopter by tethering it to the ground. In the last game, any sudden and strong jerk on the line would snap it.

Everything I have seen in the video just makes it look even better and I cannot wait to get my hands on the game. As always, any new details that come out will be posted here and feel free to speculate or comment on how awesome the new gameplay trailer is.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom