NPCs & Enemies Late-game enemies and their (lack of) debuffs.

SzGamer227

Spazmatism

The suggestion is simple. Add more debuffs so that there is some incentive to use the Ankh Charm end-game (I'm not forcing the Ankh Charm on people, but for crying out loud, it's useless. You should get some reward for all that grinding, right?). If you're thinking "But some of the things you suggested aren't covered by the Ankh Charm!" then go check out my other suggestion. ;)
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...rovements-and-changes-to-immunity-items.1502/

Here are some suggestions.

Dungeon
Drop immunity items.

Rusty Armored Bones
Rusty_Armored_Bones_1.png
Bleeding.png
Weak.png

Bleeding - 1/8 for 10 seconds (Already done)
Weak - 1/10 for 1 minute

Giant Cursed Skull
Giant_Cursed_Skull.png
Cursed.png

Cursed - 1/3 for 6 seconds.

Jungle
Drop immunity items.

Giant Flying Fox
Giant_Flying_Fox.png
Bleeding.png

Bleeding - 1/8 for 30 seconds.

Jungle Creeper
Jungle_Creeper.png
Venom.png

Venom - 1/10 for 6 seconds

Flying Snake (Suggested by @Mathewfizz2 in another thread.)
Flying_Snake.png
Venom.png

Venom - 1/10 for 7 seconds.

Pumpkin Moon
Do not drop immunity items.

Splinterling
Splinterling.png
Bleeding.png

Bleeding - 1/10 for 30 seconds. (Suggested by Yaster Goodman)

Poltergeist
Poltergeist.png
Blackout.png

Blackout - 1/10 to inflict for 2 seconds.

Hellhound
Hellhound.png
Darkness.png
Bleeding.png

Darkness - 1/6 for 15 seconds.
Bleeding - 1/8 for 40 seconds.

Mourning Wood
Mourning_Wood.png
On_Fire%21.png

Spike/missile attack: On Fire! - 1/5 for 3 seconds.
Greek Fire: On Fire! - 1/2 for 5 seconds.

Pumpking
Pumpking_Full_Body.png
On_Fire%21.png

Flaming scythes: On Fire! - 1/3 for 7 seconds.
Greek Fire: On Fire! - 1/2 for 5 seconds.

Frost Moon
Do not drop immunity items.

Flocko
Flocko.png
Chilled.png

Chilled - 1/10 for 20 seconds.

Yeti
Yeti.png
Broken_Armor.png

Broken Armor - 1/3 to inflict for 60 seconds.

Everscream
Everscream.png
Bleeding.png

Ornament fragments: Bleeding - 1/4 for 20 seconds.

Santa NK-1
Santa-NK1.png
On_Fire%21.png

Rocket attack: On Fire! - 1/5 for 3 seconds.

Last edited:
Ehhh.... No. I don't use an ankh shield because I find that I always have things to fill my 5 slots with. Forcing players to grind for a really hard to get item just to stand a chance in moon events (Seriously what is with all the debuffs on those enemies?) is wrong. Accessories should be a benefit, and I agree that the ankh shield should get more use, but these items should not be a necessity.

To be honest I think there is already more than enough incentive to use the Ankh Shield, adding these debuffs feels more like making the grind more annoying to me.

Wings.

Anyone who doesn't like getting knocked around use shields.
1. Sure, wings might be extremely useful and needed, but note that wings are much easier to get than the ankh shield. It can take hours to get one of the damn shields!
2. I don't think that being knocked around is a big deal. I have never had any issues with being knocked around, and I don't think it has much of an effect when fighting enemies.

My point is that the ankh shield is one of the worst examples of RNG in the entire game, and forcing players to use 2 of their 5 accessory slots just to stand a chance is really stupid. One of the best things about accessories is that you can customize your character more, since most of the time you use the same weapons and armor as everyone else does. I think this suggestion would hurt that idea a lot.

My point is that the ankh shield is one of the worst examples of RNG in the entire game, and forcing players to use 2 of their 5 accessory slots just to stand a chance is really stupid.
It's hardly "forcing." Debuffs are surprisingly weak, and in the above examples concerning Frost/Pumpking Moon, you're only really exposed to getting lit on fire by the fire-based attacks (which seriously need to be inflicting on fire) and Bleeding (the weakest debuff known to man), unless you're getting knocked around by low-leveled ground enemies a lot, in which case you never stood a chance anyways.

Already have ridiculously huge problems getting down to those events. And I recently started a whole new world and character. The amount of grinding would kill me.

:sigh: I'm not forcing the Ankh Charm on people, but for crying out loud, it's useless. You should get some reward for all that grinding, right?

so why bother?

Was trying to be sarcastic there, apparently failed.

I'm not really against doing anything, just pointing out that there are things you can't always hop over. Your suggestions are interesting and yet I gotta beat at least one event before I can say any more. :happy:

I wouldn't really have called end-game mobs lacking in debuffs. You get inflicted different things left and right in the HM Dungeon and poison is a really common thing to have in the Jungle.

The moon events are kind of tricky because you really shouldn't ever be getting hit by anything except Pumpking and Mourning wood for the Pumpking Moon and Ice Queen, Santank, Everscream, Elf-copter and flockos in Frost moon.

What we could do with, however, is stronger debuffs. Blackout is a perfect example of one.

I actually really like this idea; if you add debuffs to more enemies then that's more enemies that will drop the debuff-immunity items which therefore not only reduces the grind factor but also adds incentive to use the Ankh Charm/Shield.

Back
Top Bottom